Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: Daily Mail, Sep 8: A tour in the pipeline? Rolling Stones make rare appearance together
Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 8, 2011 17:00

as always, the media is trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill. let's not get ahead of ourselves or get too excited. a meeting doesn't necessarily mean they're going to tour. maybe they agreed not to tour? maybe they discussed the dissolution of the band. clearly there isn't much to this story if the author has to fill up space by discussing what they were wearing. sure it's good that they got together but we have no idea what they talked about. maybe they weren't even in the same room together. we just don't know.

Re: Daily Mail, Sep 8: A tour in the pipeline? Rolling Stones make rare appearance together
Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: September 8, 2011 17:14

ineedadrink
as always, the media is trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill. let's not get ahead of ourselves or get too excited. a meeting doesn't necessarily mean they're going to tour. maybe they agreed not to tour? maybe they discussed the dissolution of the band. clearly there isn't much to this story if the author has to fill up space by discussing what they were wearing. sure it's good that they got together but we have no idea what they talked about. maybe they weren't even in the same room together. we just don't know.

Or maybe they had the annual board meeting for their many companies.

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: September 8, 2011 17:24

ineedadrink
as always, the media is trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill. let's not get ahead of ourselves or get too excited.

Shidoobee's Stonesdoug, in response to these reports: "The pot is being
stirred. Things are brewing... May have some info in 3 weeks or so."

Re: A tour in the pipeline? Rolling Stones make rare appearance together
Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: September 8, 2011 17:33

nocomment
look at how great his hair looks.

It's awesome. He's got the hair, body and wardrobe of a young man. But for the face...

Posted by: marvpeck ()
Date: September 8, 2011 17:44

They've probably been reading what's going on here
and decided to give everybody something to post about.

Marv Peck

Y'all remember that rubber legged boy

Posted by: Juniorjackflash ()
Date: September 8, 2011 17:51

Without getting too excited, and whilst yes this could be a meeting on how we can't tour anymore, this is a move that has previously signalled the start of a new tour in the making. I hope it is a 'tour' and not simply 10 or so shows in London town to mark the 50 an.

'I like what I see'..alas, I also 'see what I like'.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 8, 2011 17:51

I've got a good feeling about this meeting I knew it wouldn't be to long before The Rolling Stones would get together and talk about a new tour.smileys with beer

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: September 8, 2011 17:54

Good!!

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: September 8, 2011 17:57

I'm so happy ! smileys with beer

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:00

Juniorjackflash
simply 10 or so shows to mark the 50 an.

there's a definite logic to what you said, given the timeframe and
mick's other project. if keith gets a decent version of the winos
together, then when the time comes, ronnie just plugs in, charlie slips
behind the skins, mick steps up to the mike, and whamo! instant stones!

Re: A tour in the pipeline? Rolling Stones make rare appearance together
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:01

nocomment
look at how great his hair looks.

That could be a Laptop Micks got covered

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:03

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:03

Chuck said "they're going to do something, probably".

Let It Rock!

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:04

Good to see them all together..good news I hope. Maybe record new lp.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:10

Where is Chuck?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:12

ineedadrink

GET A GRIP ineedadrink!

Mick has his 'tour hair' on!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:26

JJackFl

Very rare to see Charlie without a suit on. Looks like he's taking a leaf out of Mick's dress code book.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-08 20:59 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:28

treaclefingers
ineedadrink

GET A GRIP ineedadrink!

you're right. and keith has his "oh shit, you mean i have to play the guitar again?!?" face on. done deal!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:40

treaclefingers

GET A GRIP ineedadrink!

His hair indeed grows very fast compared to the SuperHeaby pictures.
Is it a tour / Stones wig?

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:44

Tour will be announced around 01-10-2011

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:45

mtaylor
treaclefingers

GET A GRIP ineedadrink!

'

Superheaby?

Is that the 'rasta' pronunciation?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:47

treaclefingers
mtaylor
treaclefingers

GET A GRIP ineedadrink!

'

Superheaby?

Is that the 'rasta' pronunciation?
Indian - like Bombay / Mumbai - a spelling thing ;o)

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:48

Guess we must start some saving, also say hello to the banker

Because after

The Bigger Bang Tour

we could face

The Bankrupt Tour

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:48

Keith's bodyguard looks stronger than Ronnie's one

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:49

ineedadrink
treaclefingers
ineedadrink

GET A GRIP ineedadrink!

you're right. and keith has his "oh shit, you mean i have to play the guitar

again?!?" face on. done deal!

This is too exciting! ....This is a very superficial thing to say, but I think Mick always looked better with longer hair....hope he grows it longer! He needs a new stylist IMO just for his hair, maybe just a few lighter streaks too, as it would detract from the wrinkles...and it would look more age appropriate... The old saying is, as you age , go lighter, even a little gray looks distinguished.eye popping smiley

Posted by: The Joker ()

djgab
Keith's bodyguard looks stronger than Ronnie's one

That is right.

We should make them fight and take the bets

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()

Well everything is comiong together. We've heard rumours about this meeting from Chuck and Ronnie. The meeting did happen. Hopefully they seriously talked about tour dates and not just another remaster project.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:56

Keith's coat is so gorgeous...is that cashmere? Looks more like Charlie's style but I love - love - love it.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: September 8, 2011 18:58

Fits with what Ronnie said the other day.

Maybe they agreed the studio dates as well as Tour plan?

A meeting now might mean a change to the "usual" rehearse in Toronto in July/August, tour starts end August format... if they only do Arenas (no big open air shows) then the season is less important.

start saving

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: September 8, 2011 19:03

No love for Ronnie's jacket, Bliss? It's very flash. And man aren't they all as trim as can be?! No middle-age spread allowed in this band.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but the surviving members of Led Zeppelin get together every month for business meetings. Doesn't mean they're touring again. I don't know how the Stones do business though.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1906
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home