Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: Coming soon: The Rolling Stones Some Girls Live In Texas 78
Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: September 6, 2011 23:39

just found that: [www.more2screen.com]

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 6, 2011 23:39

Cheers Edith...looks good spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: September 6, 2011 23:44

Bashlets
Just curious or paranoid. why does the label say Eagle vision instead of Eagle Rock?

Same company.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: September 6, 2011 23:45

Edith Grove
stonescrow
How did L&G do at the box office?

Not worth a damn in New Orleans.

I had unlimited leg & elbow room.

Packed house up here in Seattle.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: September 7, 2011 00:05

Great news! But I remember that before the re-release of Exile there was a massive PR campaign, and now - silence.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 7, 2011 00:06

Ex.....boy do the Stones run a tight ship....not even a sniff of a rumour about this....wonder what else is brewing...(besides the Deluxe Some Girls).............great stuff...........amazing also to see a thread with no argument on it............!!.........heh, heh...............................

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 7, 2011 00:09

proudmary
Great news! But I remember that before the re-release of Exile there was a massive PR campaign, and now - silence.

??
Nobody complained about the Ladies & Gentlemen DVD release, only the "new disc" of the audio Exile. There's a big difference

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: September 7, 2011 00:15

Erik_Snow
proudmary

??
Nobody complained about the Ladies & Gentlemen DVD release, only the "new disc" of the audio Exile. There's a big difference

Before the Exile re-release and L&G campaign started, there was silence, too.

Some Girls are starting right now ...

Date: September 7, 2011 00:20

Erik_Snow
proudmary

??

I mean that before the re-release of Exile there was a big noise in the media - an interviews with Mick& Keith, the articles in every possible newspaper and mags radio,,, and it started a few months before the release. and now nothing

Posted by: mike567 ()
Date: September 7, 2011 00:21

proudmary

In the link I posted a "Marketing campaign to be led by RollingStones.com" and a "Fully integrated social media campaign" are mentioned

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 7, 2011 00:24

EddieByword
...........amazing also to see a thread with no argument on it............!!

Have patience, my son.

Posted by: HighwireC ()

mike567
proudmary

In the link I posted a "Marketing campaign to be led by RollingStones.com" and a "Fully integrated social media campaign" are mentioned

Release date: 22 November 2011

today it's Sept., 6th.

Some Girls in cimema starting at Okt., 4th, Okt. 10th in Denmark ...

mike567
proudmary

Thanks

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: September 7, 2011 01:29

Edith Grove
EddieByword
...........amazing also to see a thread with no argument on it............!!

Have patience, my son.

grinning smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 7, 2011 01:29

proudmary

How can you have a 'massive PR campaign' in advance of a release before its very existence is even confirmed? Or for a DVD release thats only been announced a few hours ago?

Theres no comparison. Exile was the last in a series of remasters, issued in groups of 3 or 4 every few months (and which included 'Some Girls'). When the UMG remasters was confirmed, it was announced that Exile wouldnt be part of the initial series as there were 'wider plans' for its reissue. It was supposed to come out in the autumn of 2009 but the release was delated until May 2010. They were doing press interviews for it as early as December 2009 but this was about 9 months after it had been confirmed that it would be an expanded release.

Date: September 7, 2011 01:35

EddieByword
Ex.....boy do the Stones run a tight ship....not even a sniff of a rumour about this....

Its been rumoured for ages, Eddie - with Fort Worth being the most obvious choice as a DVD tie in with the Some Girls reissue

EddieByword

wonder what else is brewing...(besides the Deluxe Some Girls).............great stuff...........

The other product believed to be in the works from UMG in the short term is a compilation which should come out in 2012. Maybe we'll have a new studio album too, although I suppose thats up to the band!

EddieByword

amazing also to see a thread with no argument on it............!!

.........heh, heh...............................

Give it time. Theres a bit of discontent on page 1!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: September 7, 2011 01:40

EddieByword
Ex.....boy do the Stones run a tight ship....not even a sniff of a rumour about this....wonder what else is brewing...(besides the Deluxe Some Girls).............great stuff...........amazing also to see a thread with no argument on it............!!.........heh, heh...............................

Glad to see someone finally getting it! Lot's more to come! Stay tuned the next ten years is going to see the release of one gem after another!smoking smiley

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: September 7, 2011 02:14

This is very good news indeed! I am hoping that this trend will continue and we will see more of these kind of releases.. All I can add- "It's about @#$%&' time!"

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: September 7, 2011 02:17

This is great - finally starting to give the fans what they want. I can't wait! And could an official 72/73 live document be far off...?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 7, 2011 02:21

I have a dream... I would to own a "greatest live clips" officially release remsatered. As someone is going through all of the vault material... they must occasionally come across crazy great awesome diamonds amongst all the OK stuff.

It would be awesome if they could make a note of the true gems, and then after they have 20 of them, someone could clean them all up and put them together in a audio/video release. I dont know all the wheres and whens but the Hampton show comes to mind, and maybe one song from Mick Taylor in KC81, and maybe... who knows?...

There is no rule that states a DVD has to be only one show/one tour... if someone knew what they were doing, they could splice together remastered clips of the greatest Stones songs played live at their best.... in chronological order... 20 superb live performances.... from 50 years of vaults...

yeah yeah yeah... I know I am dreaming... oh well... dreaming is free

Date: September 7, 2011 02:35

Max'sKansasCity
I have a dream... I would to own a "greatest live clips" officially release remsatered. As someone is going through all of the vault material... they must occasionally come across crazy great awesome diamonds amongst all the OK stuff.

It would be awesome if they could make a note of the true gems, and then after they have 20 of them, someone could clean them all up and put them together in a audio/video release. I dont know all the wheres and whens but the Hampton show comes to mind, and maybe one song from Mick Taylor in KC81, and maybe... who knows?...

There is no rule that states a DVD has to be only one show/one tour... if someone knew what they were doing, they could splice together remastered clips of the greatest Stones songs played live at their best.... in chronological order... 20 superb live performances.... from 50 years of vaults...

yeah yeah yeah... I know I am dreaming... oh well... dreaming is free

Not that easy. The earliest known live footage is from '64. Most available early TV footage wouldnt be owned by the Stones.

Its a nice concept, I agree. Although limiting it to 20 songs on one disc is a bit underwhelming. 50 songs (on two or more discs) would be more apt!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 7, 2011 02:54

Gazza

Not that easy. The earliest known live footage is from '64. Most available early TV footage wouldnt be owned by the Stones.

Its a nice concept, I agree. Although limiting it to 20 songs on one disc is a bit underwhelming. 50 songs (on two or more discs) would be more apt!

YEAH!!!! 50+ more more is better better, but I didnt want to seem greedygrinning smiley.

I wouldnt even mind if they had to skip the very early stuff due to legal BS. I just know from time to time I have heard some LIVE recordings of searing killer rocking LIVE music from my band... killer Charlie drumming, spectacular bass playing from Wyman.... scalding/weaving Keith/Brian/Ron/MickT guitar playing... and Mick, he is pretty consistant(I suppose), Heck I could go for some of Jagger's "greatest clips" of his funniest stage banter e.g. to the audience (in KC 75)>> "Is everyone sufficiently ripped?" ... I still lmao at that one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-09-07 03:04 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 7, 2011 02:55

True story. Saw them in New Orleans the night before. Was on my way back home to Dallas to try and see the Ft.Worth show. My car breaks down in Wills Point, Texas.
Slept on the hood of my car that night til my Dad came and got me the next day. Missed the show. But now I'll see it.

Date: September 7, 2011 03:14

Max'sKansasCity
I wouldnt even mind if they had to skip the very early stuff due to legal BS.

Its the period that theyre going to be forever most associated with. You couldnt - and shouldnt - release a career retrospective that undersold it in any way.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 7, 2011 03:18

Slept on the hood of my car that night

How come ya didn't zzzzz in ya car....was it a Goggomobile 250 coupe?????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: September 7, 2011 03:43

outstanding! cant wait for the blu-ray!

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 7, 2011 03:52

Absolutely,

I'm loving these releases on BD, "Live at the Max' takes a huge step up from 4:3 DVD version to the 16:9 on BluRay. Found a copy of "Bigger Bang" the other week hidden in the depths of a discount warehouse, they didn't even have record of it on their system, so naturally I offered $10, got the deal from the bewildered clerk and ran for the BD Player, excellent interface.

I live in eternal hope for LA 75........Gimme gimme

Date: September 7, 2011 04:21

How come ya didn't zzzzz in ya car....was it a Goggomobile 250 coupe?????

It was really really really hot. Oh I forgot to mention, my girl was with me, so we did it on tha hood!! (Yes I had a blanket, but not a raincoat!!)

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: September 7, 2011 04:27

Well it's about time. . .. Hallelujah!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: September 7, 2011 04:47

GREAT NEWS! Psyched to see the entire show, one of my favorite tours and albums. Bring it on boys!

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1303
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home