Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

You Gotta Move - Love You Live version
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 3, 2011 11:37

Appealing to those geetaw players on here...I've been trying to learn the love you live version and whilst I seem to be there or there abouts, it just doesn't sound right. I've assumed that both Keith and Ron are playing in standard E tuning both with 6 strings - this might be where i'm going wrong as I know the original version was open tuned. Can't find any tab for this version anywhere.

Re: You Gotta Move - Love You Live version
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 3, 2011 12:34

Love that version...You Got Tee Move! Wonderful stuff.

Date: August 3, 2011 13:20

Silver Dagger

Yeah, my favourite. Love the backing singing and the way it segues into the 2nd part. Stones doing what they do best!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 3, 2011 13:22

crumbling_mice
Silver Dagger

Yeah, my favourite. Love the backing singing and the way it segues into the 2nd part. Stones doing what they do best!

I know the 76 tour got some bad press and is not particularly rated on this site but I loved it. Some really great moments and this was one of them, especially when they all came to the front to do the song.

Date: August 3, 2011 21:33

Where are all the Guitarists - help a maiden in distres

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: August 3, 2011 22:57

Well, Mice -- Learning guitar parts note for note is not something I really do, especially on a blues, since I tend to think of blues being very expressive and improvisational. Having said that, it sounds to me like Keith is in standard tuning and is just (like much improvisation) kind of improvising based on the melody of the song. If you listen to other shows in '75-'76, you'll hear that Keith plays his bit differently from show to show.

Same for Ronnie -- he often played some slide on this cut, but I don't necessarily hear an open tuning. I haven't analyzed it and don't know for sure (and would certainly defer to those that have analyzed it), but I'm guessing standard tuning for Ronnie also. As to what he plays, I think Ronnie mainly responds to Keith (and Mick), so he's improvising in that context -- it's not as close to the melody as Keith.

Posted by: keefbajaga ()
Date: August 3, 2011 23:14

Just love this version!

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: August 3, 2011 23:41

Ronnie played his Gibson LP Special (standard) and Keef his beautiful Black Tele Custom (also in standard).

Great song, great version and not that tricky to play, IMHO.

Good luck Man!!

Date: August 4, 2011 17:16

Cheers guys, I agree with you all, standard E and improvising. There are just a couple of licks I'd like to include - that's my weekend sorted!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: August 4, 2011 20:49

Should be D pentatonic minor.

If I remember well (I don't have a guitar here with me) he starts with a D (3rd string VII ft), then a F (2nd string VI ft) a G (2nd string VIII ft) F again, then G bending 1 step up to A.

If you work a little in that position, you should figure it out.

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-08-04 20:49 by liddas.

Date: August 4, 2011 21:28

Thank you liddas...I reckon you are pretty much on the ball with that.

Date: August 5, 2011 19:34

Got it all now apart from the bit where Keith moves up the neck and plays a fast lick. Liddas, any idea?

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: February 4, 2012 16:48

Feeling the Blues, you can play it in different kind of way. you are only need some notes. Some bendings etc.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: February 4, 2012 18:10

Silver Dagger
crumbling_mice
Silver Dagger

I know the 76 tour got some bad press and is not particularly rated on this site but I loved it. Some really great moments and this was one of them, especially when they all came to the front to do the song.

+ thumbs up

Date: February 4, 2012 18:52

It's got the same licks etc it's just in a different key from the LP version. Isn't the Sticky Fingers version in A? I recall the Love You Live version in D.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2159
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home