Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Shak'n a Rolling Stone's Hand and Thanking Them
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: June 5, 2011 15:16

If ya' had the privilege of shak'n a Rolling Stones hand and at the same time ya' wanted to thank them for something.What Rolling Stone would ya' like to do that with and what would ya' thank them for?

Re: Shak'n a Rolling Stone's Hand and Thanking Them
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 5, 2011 15:20

I've already thanked them with my dollars.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 5, 2011 15:23

It happened at the Keith book signing in London last November. Wouldn't mind meeting Mick but I think he'd be hard work.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 5, 2011 16:46

Fanks for gettin' on dat train .....wiv dem albums Mick ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: purepop ()
Date: June 5, 2011 17:33

I have had the honour of shaking all their hands and posing for photos several times over the years, a major thrill of my life.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 5, 2011 17:36

purepop
I have had the honour of shaking all their hands and posing for photos several times over the years, a major thrill of my life.

Good for you. Great.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Thricenay ()
Date: June 5, 2011 17:45

purepop

I hope you remembered to stand on their right. That way, yours is the first name in the caption when Rolling Stone prints the photo. A useful tip to know.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 5, 2011 17:53

Shook Charlie's hand and thanked him for "doing this" at the 100 club. I was way too drunk,but don't think I would have approached him if sobersmileys with beer

He was very accommodating to everyone who wanted to speak to him as far as I could tell. A true gentleman.

sc uk

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 5, 2011 18:20

I dream of such things...doubt it will ever happen though

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 5, 2011 18:25

The Stones shake hands or slap periodically. For example, when I saw them in Ft Laud on the Licks tour they were slapping big time on their journey to the second stage.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: June 5, 2011 18:30

At rehearsals in Toronto, I had the privilege of meeting them all individually (KR, MJ, CW, & RW). When I thanked them for the music, each one answered me politely and kindly. They are amazing....

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 5, 2011 18:52

crumbling_mice

I did dream about this, but lost my interest ....... actually I thinks it's better not to meet your Idols..............Although I loved to drink a beer with Keith back in '73 at Nellcote

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 5, 2011 18:57

NICOS
Although I loved to drink a beer with Keith back in '73 at Nellcote

Might have gotten a lot more than just a beer then!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 5, 2011 19:37

NICOS
crumbling_mice

I did dream about this, but lost my interest ....... actually I thinks it's better not to meet your Idols..............Although I loved to drink a beer with Keith back in '73 at Nellcote

I think those are words of wisdom NICOS, but I'd still like just to shake Jagger or Richards to thanks them for all the music they have given me. I wouldn't want to get as close as say Bill German, I think that's when it becomes Idol shattering and as Bill found out, they aren't really your friends.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: June 5, 2011 19:38

at this point, they should be thanking you.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: June 5, 2011 21:12

I too was at Keith's book signing in London. We shook hands twice and I was beaming like a Cheshire cat. I like to think my smiling face said it all.

Re: Thanks & Praises, Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 5, 2011 21:33

after the Boogie for Stu shows i was out in front of the theater
and a tangled brawl of flashing cameras and shouting autograph seekers came barrelling past me
and when i said "thank you Charlie" the lovely radiant man in the center of all that giddy brouhaha
stopped in his tracks and turned to me and gave me his inimitable shining smile -

thank you Charlie

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 5, 2011 21:44

Shook all of theirs hands. Mick has no grip..

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: June 5, 2011 23:09

I "met" Mick at a Chris Jagger show at The Bottomn Line (NYC) about 15+ years ago. He was constentely getting harrassed by Stones fans who had no interest in seeing Chris (they should have given him a chance, Chris puts on a nice show). I first met Chris before the show, as the place was empty and he was wandering about and we talked a bit and when i asked him if he was going toplay anything from his first two albums in the 70s, he said "no" so I asked why not and he laughed and said "because i cant remember any of them!"

But i digress...

in the middle of Chris's show I walked over to Micks table and said, "I can't sit 10 feet away from you all night without coming over and telling you what a big fan I am." When he realized i wasnt being a jerk or bugging him for anything, we shook hands, he thanked me, and I moved on, before a nice memory had a chance to be tainted by a beating from his bodyguard!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-06 22:43 by HalfNanker.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: June 6, 2011 00:32

Wow you guys are lucky to have shaken a Rolling Stones hand.. I always wished i could meet them some day especially Charlie.. Guess I ain't that lucky. Maybe some day my dream will come true but I doubt it... Still hoping

drummer_dude

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 04:35

would be nice to have at least one opportunity to shake their hands and simply say thanks for the tunes...but then i guesss i would get greedy and want an autograph and photo and before ya know it you have worn out ya welcome.. just live with the stare keith threw in my direction on the licks tour in sydney when i yelled his name out priceless memorie of those mascara rimmed eyes shooting a glance in my direction...

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 13:29

For me it was in Hong Kong at the band's party after the show at the Stones Hotel thanking Mick for a great tour!

Re: Thanks & Praises, Rolling Stones
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 6, 2011 19:15

when i held Bill's hand (didn't see any cause to shake it :E)
i deeply admired the way he managed to convey - quite unmistakably -
"i have absolutely no idea whether or not i've slept with you"

just through his demeanour, i mean - all he actually said was "hello" and assorted stuff like that,
but his slightly concerned bafflement was abundantly clear and eloquent, and quite amusing :E

i love the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-06-06 23:43 by with sssoul.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: June 6, 2011 19:26

I've met Bill Wyman a couple of times. Once at a book signing in London the other time after a Rhythm Kings show in Dartford. I can't remember if I shook his hand but had a chat with him and he was friendly and down to earth and asked what I thought of certain numbers he played at the show.

Also met Chris Jagger again after a show in Dartford and he was friendly, signed autographs and posed for photos. I was at the MJC when Mick came to open it but he did not come over to talk to us fans waiting outside. He did wave at us as his car left though!!!

Mick Taylor played a show in Dartford a few years back. I waited for him after the show but by the time he came out he was surrounded by fans so didn't get an opportunity to shake his hand or speak to him.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: June 6, 2011 22:02

I shook hands with Ronnie and Keith at their book signings in London. With Keith I just thanked him for living his life so that none of us had to!!

Posted by: Cookiespad ()
Date: June 7, 2011 00:16

Shook Charlies hand after his second set at Ronnie Scotts a few years back.Lovely guy.Signed an autograph as I thanked him for the music.Turned around to return to my table and literally bumped into Ronnie Wood.Didn't even know he was there.Asked for an autograph and as he signed I asked him if he had enjoyed the show.We both agreed that it had been a great show.
Queued up all night outside Waterstones last autumn to shake hands with 'The Man' It was worth it to shake Mr Keith Richards by the hand and thank him for the music as he signed my book. He looked up at me and said 'It's been a pleasure' with that beaming grin across his face. What a moment.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 7, 2011 09:44

Heh...Mick at least should be thanking ME.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 7, 2011 18:44

Bill - Ringwood 89, Rhythm Kings too many times.
Keith Winos LOndon 17/12/92
Ronnie London 28/6/88 and Hackney 91.
Charlie Amsterdam August 95 and Southampton 17/3/11
Mick T 100 Club August 03
Mick J London airport day before Santiago show 1999.

All very nice but sometimes quick due to crowds or circumstances.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home