Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keefs Hair in 1972
Date: June 1, 2011 03:28

I have been wondering this for years, was there any significance to the Blonde (bleached) patches of keefs hair in 1972? IS there any back story to this?

Re: Keefs Hair in 1972
Date: June 1, 2011 12:56

...wig.

["I can hear the Bullfrog calling me..."]

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: June 1, 2011 13:15

[email protected]
I have been wondering this for years, was there any significance to the Blonde (bleached) patches of keefs hair in 1972? IS there any back story to this?

We need a tour.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 1, 2011 14:47

Vocalion
[email protected]

We need a tour.

Why. Hair was an issue for Keith as it is for all rock stars. I think he had something in the hair, its not grey, its colour. I used to think his hari was cool in 1972 but now it looks a bit too fixed. 1973 is not good, going heavy metal. The Knebworth hair is the toughest. Maybe even cooler than his 1977 and 1978 cuts, last years he had enough hair for his trademark mop. It was cool on stage in 1979.

Date: June 1, 2011 14:50

Redhotcarpet
Vocalion
[email protected]

We need a tour.

Why. Hair was an issue for Keith as it is for all rock stars. I think he had something in the hair, its not grey, its colour. I used to think his hari was cool in 1972 but now it looks a bit too fixed. 1973 is not good, going heavy metal. The Knebworth hair is the toughest. Maybe even cooler than his 1977 and 1978 cuts, last years he had enough hair for his trademark mop. It was cool on stage in 1979.

Or we need a record, a single, anything.....

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 1, 2011 14:53

Cool hair until he started combing it with cherry bombs in '79.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 1, 2011 17:55

Jesus christ, these threads are getting like women talking
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
bye
jeroen

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 1, 2011 17:58

Redhotcarpet
Vocalion
[email protected]

We need a tour.

God, how I hate the term "rock stars".

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: June 1, 2011 18:07

it's always funny to see the people that take this message board too seriously come out when there's a topic like this. "we need a tour" or "zzzzzzzz boring thread" or "we've sunk to a new low". when did this place become American Idol? bunch of judges on here! these threads aren't at a quality that you find acceptable? oh, well, sorry! if you want to be a snob, then be a snob. but not every damn thread on here is going to be earth-shattering. and guess what? even if there WAS a tour or a new record there would most likely still be these threads that some of you find so damn offensive.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: June 1, 2011 18:18

I agree with ineedadrink.

Frankly, compared to a lot of recent threads, this I find interesting. Not sure why so many get all upset when hair is discussed here. I think the Stones, and particularly Keith's, have had cool or weird hair over the years and it deserves discussion as much as the other random shite talked about here. C'mon, Brian's Prince Valiant cut, Bill's awful bangs...

Perhaps it's that some here like to pretend that image is meaningless. Sorry boys, with rock n' roll image does and always has mattered. One of the reasons the Stones brand is still powerful today is because how they looked..and Keef's hair was a part of that. It WAS cool hair in the 70's.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 1, 2011 18:21

Well said, lettingitbleed and Ineedadrink.

If you can discuss paper logs from recording archives, why not talk about hair?

Posted by: wandlimb ()
Date: June 1, 2011 18:23

Keith said in some interview that Anita dyed his strip of blond hair.

Karla

Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: June 1, 2011 18:55

best hair 78 -82

Date: June 1, 2011 18:59

Permanent hair colorThe most popular way to achieve permanent hair coloring is through the use of oxidation dyes. The ingredients include 1,4-diaminobenzene (historically) or 2,5-diaminotoluene (currently), a coupling agent, and an oxidant. The process is typically performed under basic conditions.[2]

The mechanism of oxidation dyes involves three steps: 1) Oxidation of 1,4-diaminobenzene derivative to the quinone state. 2) Reaction of this diimine with a coupler (more detail below). 3) Oxidation of the resulting compound to give the final dye.

The preparation (dye precursors) is in the leuco (colorless) form. Oxidizing agents are usually hydrogen peroxide, and the alkaline environment is usually provided by ammonia. The combination of hydrogen peroxide and the primary intermediate causes the natural hair to be lightened, which provides a blank canvas for the dye. Ammonia opens the hair shaft so that the dye can actually bond with the hair, and ammonia speeds up the reaction of the dye with the hair.

Various combinations of primary intermediates and couplers provide a spectrum of shades of hair colors. The primary intermediates are aromatic para compounds, such as 1,4-diaminobenzene or 4-aminophenol. The couplers are meta-substituted derivatives of aniline. They come in three major classes based on the color that they produce when they react with the primary intermediate.

Couplers are chemical compounds that define the color of the hair dye. Shown here are three red couplers (A,B,C), two yellow-green couplers (D,E) and a blue coupler (F).Blue couplers include 1,3-diaminobenzene and its derivatives.
Red couplers include phenols and naphthols, such as 3-aminophenol (CAS#591-27-5), 5-amino-2-methylphenol (CAS#2835-95-2) and 1-naphthol (CAS#90-15-3). The combination of 2,5-diaminotoluene with the coupler 3-aminophenol gives a magenta-brown dye, while the combination of 2,5-diaminotoluene with the coupler 1-naphthol gives a purple dye.
Yellow-green couplers include resorcinol, 4-chlororesorcinol, and benzodioxoles. These compounds produce broad-band absorption when they react to form dyes, allowing for more natural-looking hair colors. The combination of 2,5-diaminotoluene with the coupler resorcinol gives a greenish brown dye.
The first step shows the oxidation of p-phenylenediamine to the quinonediimine (C6H4(NH)2):

This species exists in equilibrium with the monoprotonated form (C6H4(NH)(NH2)+) (not shown). The second step involves the attack of this quinonediimine on the coupler. In organic chemistry, this reaction is called electrophilic aromatic substitution:

In the third and final step, the product from the quinonediimine-coupler reaction oxidizes to the final hair dye.

The resulting hair dye is also much larger than the precursor molecules, which causes the dye to bond to the hair.[2]

[edit] Semi-permanent hair dyeSemi-permanent hair dye has smaller molecules than temporary dyes, and is therefore able to partially penetrate the hair shaft. For this reason, the color will survive repeated washing, typically 4–5 shampoos or a few weeks. Semi-permanents contain no, or very low levels of developer, peroxide or ammonia, and are therefore safer for damaged or fragile hair. However, semi-permanents may still contain the toxic compound p-phenylenediamine or other such ingredients. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency reported that in rats and mice chronically exposed to PPD in their diet, it simply depressed body weights, and no other clinical signs of toxicity were observed in several studies.[3]

The final color of each strand of hair will depend on its original color and porosity, so there will be subtle variations in shade across the whole head. This gives a more natural result than the solid, all over color of a permanent dye. However, it also means that gray or white hairs will not dye to the same shade as the rest of the hair. If there are only a few grey/white hairs, the effect will usually be enough for them to blend in, but as the gray spreads, there will come a point where it will not be disguised as well. In this case, the move to permanent color can sometimes be delayed by using the semi-permanent as a base and adding highlights.

Semi-permanent color cannot lighten the hair.

[edit] Demi-permanent hair colorDemi-permanent hair color is permanent hair color that contains an alkaline agent other than ammonia (e.g., ethanolamine, sodium carbonate) and, while always employed with a developer, the concentration of hydrogen peroxide in that developer may be lower than used with a permanent hair color. Since the alkaline agents employed in demi-permanent colors are less effective in removing the natural pigment of hair than ammonia these product provide no lightening of hair's color during dying. As the result, they cannot color hair to a lighter shade than it was before dyeing and are less damaging to hair than their permanent counterpart.

Demi-permanents are much more effective at covering gray hair than semi-permanents, but less so than permanents.

Demi-permanents have several advantages as compared with permanent color. Because there is essentially no lifting (i.e., removal) of natural hair color, the final color is less uniform/homogeneous than a permanent and therefore more natural looking; they are gentler on hair and therefore safer, especially for damaged hair; and they wash out over time (typically 20 to 28 shampoos), so root regrowth is less noticeable and if a change of color is desired, it is easier to achieve. Demi-permanent hair colors are, in essence, permanent color and the darker shades in particular may persist longer than indicated on the packet.

[edit] Temporary hair colorTemporary hair color is available in various forms including rinses, shampoos, gels, sprays, and foams. Temporary hair color is typically brighter and more vibrant than semi-permanent and permanent hair color. It is most often used to color hair for special occasions such as costume parties and Halloween.

The pigment molecules in temporary hair color are large and cannot penetrate the cuticle layer. The color particles remain adsorbed (closely adherent) to the hair shaft and are easily removed with a single shampooing. Temporary hair color can persist on hair that is excessively dry or damaged in a way that allows for migration of the pigment to the interior of the hair shaft. It lasts for about a few hours to 1 day.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: June 1, 2011 19:17

Vocalion
Redhotcarpet
Vocalion
[email protected]

We need a tour.

Or we need a record, a single, anything.....

WE NEED SOMETHING NEW NOW!!!
NOW
NOW!
NOW!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: June 1, 2011 19:30

What if Keith had gone bald in 1968?

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: June 1, 2011 19:49

dont know the story of Keith Richards' dyed rooster haircut...but as a teenage Stones fan in the '70s, i thought he was the coolest looking dude on the planet...as i got older, looks mattered less and less...but the influence of Keith's iconic r'n'r image cannot be understated...from Joe Perry to Johnny Thunders and on and on...you can still walk into a rock'n'roll dive bar today and see a "Keith-influenced" look

Date: June 1, 2011 20:02

wandlimb
Keith said in some interview that Anita dyed his strip of blond hair.

Karla

Thanks I was just wondering if he ever addressed it. Even for the 70's it seemed odd.

Date: June 1, 2011 20:17

stones78
What if Keith had gone bald in 1968?

Wig?

Date: June 1, 2011 20:52

and it still goes on....
what the %%%%%%% is wrong with mankind???
jeroen

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: June 1, 2011 22:00

corriecas
what the %%%%%%% is wrong with mankind???

Lack of sense of humour, snobbishness, self-righteousness, etc. to begin with.

Date: June 1, 2011 22:22

i am not on this forum to discuss the colour of keiths hair, for crying out loud.
But maybe i dont understand because im from the netherlands and dont understand the importance o discuss this, his hair??????????????????
Grow up
Jeroen

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: June 1, 2011 22:24

Then ignore the thread.

Date: June 1, 2011 22:26

yes, ignore the thread. we're not here for your pleasure, Jeroen. you don't like it? don't open it!! it's very easy.
bye.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 1, 2011 22:28

DUMBEST @#$%& THREAD EVER.

Date: June 1, 2011 22:29

Just like a few other die-hards, i think i will leave this forum for a few years, and return when the Stones will tour again....
in 2050
byeeee
jeroen

Date: June 1, 2011 22:35

sweetcharmedlife
DUMBEST RESPONSE TO THE DUMBEST THREAD EVER.

Date: June 1, 2011 22:45

ineedadrink
sweetcharmedlife
DUMBEST RESPONSE TO THE DUMBEST THREAD EVER.

Great Great
byee
jeroen

Date: June 1, 2011 22:55

byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 1, 2011 22:59

71Tele
Redhotcarpet
Vocalion
[email protected]

We need a tour.

God, how I hate the term "rock stars".

Me too, nevertheless thats what he is. And that used to be his image, the one that gave him his houses, bookdeals etc.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1970
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home