Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keefs Hair in 1972
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 1, 2011 23:01

Redhotcarpet
71Tele
Redhotcarpet
Vocalion
[email protected]
I have been wondering this for years, was there any significance to the Blonde (bleached) patches of keefs hair in 1972? IS there any back story to this?

We need a tour.

Why. Hair was an issue for Keith as it is for all rock stars. I think he had something in the hair, its not grey, its colour. I used to think his hari was cool in 1972 but now it looks a bit too fixed. 1973 is not good, going heavy metal. The Knebworth hair is the toughest. Maybe even cooler than his 1977 and 1978 cuts, last years he had enough hair for his trademark mop. It was cool on stage in 1979.

God, how I hate the term "rock stars".

Me too, nevertheless thats what he is. And that used to be his image, the one that gave him his houses, bookdeals etc.
His music is what made him famous. Not his hair.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: June 1, 2011 23:05

Yes but we all know that there wouldnt been any music had he gone bald already in 1964. Or it would have been different. His image would have been totally different. Think about it. Mick and a bald Keith? Anita and a bald Keith? A bald Keith being cool in 1968 or 1972? Sorry, hair is and always was important in rock music. They were a boy band in the beginning.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 2, 2011 07:40

sweetcharmedlife
DUMBEST @#$%& THREAD EVER.

Please, this probably isn't even in the lowest decile of DUMBEST @#$%& THREAD EVER

Posted by: Sleepy City ()
Date: June 2, 2011 07:45

Redhotcarpet
Yes but we all know that there wouldnt been any music had he gone bald already in 1964. Or it would have been different. His image would have been totally different. Think about it. Mick and a bald Keith? Anita and a bald Keith? A bald Keith being cool in 1968 or 1972? Sorry, hair is and always was important in rock music. They were a boy band in the beginning.

They'd probably have wore wigs, just like Carl Perkins (early 60s), Fats Domino (circa 1969), Del Shannon (mid 70s) & many more.

I wish Pete Townshend would wear a wig...

Date: June 2, 2011 08:14

Sleepy City
Redhotcarpet

They'd probably have wore wigs, just like Carl Perkins (early 60s), Fats Domino (circa 1969), Del Shannon (mid 70s) & many more.

bobby darin, frank sinatra, bill wyman (i mean, come on!)

Date: June 2, 2011 08:15

treaclefingers
Sleepy City
Redhotcarpet

oops...Elton John, that was an obvious omission.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: June 2, 2011 09:34

Redhotcarpet

Never thought about it but you are right.

Date: June 2, 2011 11:03

And times are better now. The music industry is not (just) a monopolistic competition, maybe it never was, but internet sure changed the whole concept of fame, publicity, image, etc.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 2, 2011 11:44

To be honest guys, I think once and if a tour is announced then we just have to keep ourselves amused with whatever tittle tattle comes to mind. As soon as dates are announced then we can move on to more serious stuff. If we didn't keep new threads going then this board would have died long ago.

My advice to those of you who moan about the quality of threads (I'm one of those!) is just don't open them and pick the ones you think might be interesting. I know it's easy to criticise threads - I've done it, but on second thoughts anything goes until we get some concrete news either way.

If they decide to call it quits and the end finally arrives, then we might really struggle unless there is a massive unleashing of the vaults.

Date: June 2, 2011 12:44

Redhotcarpet
And times are better now. The music industry is not (just) a monopolistic competition, maybe it never was, but internet sure changed the whole concept of fame, publicity, image, etc.

Young bands rarely look as good these days; there's nearly always a chubby one &/or a balding one.

Sorry folks, image IS important, & has been long before the internet (Elvis would never have made it as big if he'd looked like Carl Perkins!).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 2, 2011 12:50

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: June 2, 2011 13:15

treaclefingers

That's a rug?

Date: June 2, 2011 13:29

Sleepy City
Redhotcarpet

Young bands rarely look as good these days; there's nearly always a chubby one &/or a balding one.

Sorry folks, image IS important, & has been long before the internet (Elvis would never have made it as big if he'd looked like Carl Perkins!).

Thats my point. You can be bald or fat today. There is room for everyone.

Date: June 2, 2011 13:57

Redhotcarpet
Sleepy City
Redhotcarpet

Thats my point. You can be bald or fat today. There is room for everyone.

A bad thing imo. They should go on a diet or buy a hat! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 2, 2011 13:59

sweetcharmedlife
Redhotcarpet
71Tele
Redhotcarpet
Vocalion
[email protected]
I have been wondering this for years, was there any significance to the Blonde (bleached) patches of keefs hair in 1972? IS there any back story to this?

We need a tour.

Why. Hair was an issue for Keith as it is for all rock stars. I think he had something in the hair, its not grey, its colour. I used to think his hari was cool in 1972 but now it looks a bit too fixed. 1973 is not good, going heavy metal. The Knebworth hair is the toughest. Maybe even cooler than his 1977 and 1978 cuts, last years he had enough hair for his trademark mop. It was cool on stage in 1979.

God, how I hate the term "rock stars".

Me too, nevertheless thats what he is. And that used to be his image, the one that gave him his houses, bookdeals etc.
His music is what made him famous. Not his hair.

No, that's not really true, it was mainly his hair

Date: June 2, 2011 14:01

Erik_Snow
No, that's not really true, it was mainly his hair

And his teeth.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: June 2, 2011 18:38

67':

68', 69':

70':

71':

72':

73':

75'/76':

78':

79'/80':

81'/82':

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 2, 2011 20:54

ineedadrink
it's always funny to see the people that take this message board too seriously come out when there's a topic like this. "we need a tour" or "zzzzzzzz boring thread" or "we've sunk to a new low". when did this place become American Idol? bunch of judges on here! these threads aren't at a quality that you find acceptable? oh, well, sorry! if you want to be a snob, then be a snob. but not every damn thread on here is going to be earth-shattering.

yeah sure but I suggest that one day you take a look at what Dylan fans do around their hero... [dylanchords.info]
Food for thoughts not some Internet belching.

Scratch your ass, smell your fingers and run to the computer has obviously become a habit for some of you. And do I think the board's sinking to a new low? Nah I just wait for what some of you will come up with 6 months from now...

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: June 2, 2011 21:14

dcba
yeah sure but I suggest that one day you take a look at what Dylan fans do around their hero... [dylanchords.info]
Food for thoughts not some Internet belching....

"As of today, visitors from ip-addresses in Israel are blocked from dylanchords. They will be met with the following:

As a contribution to a cultural boycott of the state of Israel—a long overdue reaction to the absurd inhumanity that is demonstrated in its actions and that goes against everything that I and this site stands for—access to dylanchords has been blocked for visitors from Israel."

What a disgusting site.

Date: June 3, 2011 00:48

Bärs
dcba
Food for thoughts not some Internet belching....

"As of today, visitors from ip-addresses in Israel are blocked from dylanchords. They will be met with the following:

As a contribution to a cultural boycott of the state of Israel—a long overdue reaction to the absurd inhumanity that is demonstrated in its actions and that goes against everything that I and this site stands for—access to dylanchords has been blocked for visitors from Israel."

What a disgusting site.

Indeed. I regret I visited it.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 3, 2011 07:32

In 1972,just for a brief period, the trend was to have a blotch of your hair colored, but you needed to bleach out your own color first before adding the color dye. Keith just decided to leave his natural, or maybe he added a blonde color to it. Todd Rundgren took the trend to an extreme, but then he is not British. Anyway, you put the bleach in what amounted to an aluminum foil sleeve and put the lock of hair in it to lighten.

Date: June 3, 2011 16:16

MILKYWAY
treaclefingers

That's a rug?

yeah...what was i thinking?! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 4, 2011 16:33

Rollin' Stoner
dont know the story of Keith Richards' dyed rooster haircut...but as a teenage Stones fan in the '70s, i thought he was the coolest looking dude on the planet...as i got older, looks mattered less and less...but the influence of Keith's iconic r'n'r image cannot be understated...from Joe Perry to Johnny Thunders and on and on...you can still walk into a rock'n'roll dive bar today and see a "Keith-influenced" look

Yeah, around 1978 Joe Perry had a blonde streak dyed into his hair too. Too cool for words.

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: PammyB ()
Date: June 5, 2011 03:43

dcba
Scratch your ass, smell your fingers and run to the computer has obviously become a habit for some of you.

Beautiful imagery there. You talk to your kids like that?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home