Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Tab Books
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 23, 2011 21:39

I already have the Singles Collection, Aftermath, BTB, EOMS and 2 Stones tab books with cds.

I think the EOMS is almost spot on. The Singles Collection and Aftermath have some mistakes. I like using them as a guide. Then bouncing back and forth, between studio and live versions, I try to figure out the song.

Wonder if there is a GHS book out somewhere?

What Rolling Stones tab books do you like?

Re: Rolling Stones Tab Books
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: May 24, 2011 02:30

Hmmm, I haven't use one in a while as I found the tabs to be for the most part inaccurate. It was easier for me to figure a song out by listening. When did the EOMS book come out then? I wouldn't mind having a look...

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: May 24, 2011 09:43

Yep the EOMS version is great. Think its the only accurate one.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Guitar for the Practician Musician (the mag) did some tabs too, that were spot on. Wild Horses among others. Will look for them to scan them.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: May 24, 2011 12:56

The HAL LEONARD recorded version - books are great. Very accurate. I have Some Girls and Exile.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: May 24, 2011 16:04

I'm gonna order the Some Girls book today. Just picked up a used Phase 100 a few weeks ago.

Robberbride, yup, that is the one.

Thanks for everyone's input. Keep it coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-24 16:05 by MingSubu.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 24, 2011 16:06

electricmud
The HAL LEONARD recorded version - books are great. Very accurate. I have Some Girls and Exile.

I find it easier, fun and educational to just listen and work things out yourself, but tab books are still handy things.

Have HL done Beggars Banquet and Let It Bleed?

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 24, 2011 18:33

Yes...Hal Leonard books w/transcriptions by Wolf Marshall.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 24, 2011 18:34

...check [www.amazon.com]

Posted by: akgameboy ()
Date: May 24, 2011 18:41

My friend has an extremely rare Japanese tab book (with chords too) of Still Life.

He's said before that he's gonna sale it on ebay one day. I'll post on iorr if he does in case any of you want to buy it.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 24, 2011 19:28

donnarq1
...check [www.amazon.com]

Those aren't by Hal Leaonard!?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 24, 2011 20:38

RobberBride
Yep the EOMS version is great. Think its the only accurate one.
[www.amazon.co.uk]

Guitar for the Practician Musician (the mag) did some tabs too, that were spot on. Wild Horses among others. Will look for them to scan them.

Is this the one with many of the best songs omitted - and therefore technically not the full EOMS tab?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 24, 2011 20:52

crumbling_mice
Is this the one with many of the best songs omitted - and therefore technically not the full EOMS tab?

From the description on that page: "18-song matching folio to the classic Stones album". I have it as well, and it is highly recommended.

Posted by: polythene sam ()
Date: May 25, 2011 01:32

I really like "The Rolling Stones Fake Book 1963-71". It has a tab section with most of the main riffs, and then has lyrics and chords for everything they officially released- covers included- from that time period. It seems the chords are correct, so it's a great starting point for learning any of the early stuff.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: May 25, 2011 10:25

The two concise books (tabs and lyrics) in a special boxset now for sale on ebay.
[cgi.benl.ebay.be]

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: May 25, 2011 18:26

Three decades ago German retailer Zweitausendeins offered two different books with lyrics, notes and guitar tabs of the Stones songs up to IORR. Of course I own the, and as far as I can say as a non-guitar player they're quite good.

The GHS album is icluded, of course, but those two books are long out of print. You can order it by mail on various internet shops for used books (look for 'Rolling Stones songbook'):

[www.zvab.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-25 18:27 by saltoftheearth.

Posted by: Telecaster_man ()
Date: May 25, 2011 20:33

Have a look if someone have songbooks on digital formats...i have a few to trade!

My SongBooks in pdf for trade

Cheers!

---------------------------------------------
Shattered !!!
---------------------------------------------

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: May 25, 2011 21:12

MingSubu
Wonder if there is a GHS book out somewhere?

I bought one off of ebay some time back. I cannot tell you have good the tabulature is but the photos are great.

Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 25, 2011 23:04

For the statistics, albums considered only:
There must be song books from every studio album since Beggars Banquet onwards,only Bigger Bang missing.
Plus: Sucking in the 70s, Stripped, Still Life.
In addition to that: Only Talk Is Cheap of a Stones solo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1951
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home