Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Chuck Leavell live in Germany 2011
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: May 19, 2011 20:55

Below the original message in German by Christian Raupach,managing director of the Hessian (a German federal state) Forest Owners. Raupach hired Chuck Leavell to perform his solo projects in 2007 starting around the London-O2-shows.
This connection also resulted in Chuck's live double-cd "Green Leaves and Blue Notes".

I will add some more details to remember and explain later.

The news in brief (and in English):
Chuck Leavell will perform with big band of Hessischer Rundfunk (German radio station)
One date confirmed:
Sat 3 September Schloss Wolfgsarten in Langen near Darmstadt (50 kilometers south of Frankfurt)
Tickets: see link
2 further dates to be announced. These shows he will perform without the big band.

Stones Keyboarder rockt für den Wald
Chuck Leavell und die Bigband des Hessischen Rundfunks spielen am 3. September 2011 ein Open air Konzert zum Internationalen Jahr der Wälder im malerischen Schloß Wolfsgarten in Langen bei Darmstadt.
Tickets sind ab sofort erhältlich unter [www.frankfurtticket.de]
Chuck Leavell ist einer der gefragtesten Bluespianisten weltweit. Auf Eric Claptons legendärem „Unplugged“ Album spielt Leavell das Piano. Er war mit Größen, wie George Harrison, Aretha Franklin, den Indigo Girls, Lee Ann Womack und vielen anderen auf der Bühne und auf Tournee. Seine ersten großen Konzerte vor Hunderttausenden Fans spielte Chuck Leavell als Keyboarder der Allman Brothers Band. Seit 1982 ist er der Keyboarder und musical director der Rolling Stones.
Chuck Leavell ist Förster und bewirtschaftet in Georgia USA die Charlane Plantation, den Familienforstbetrieb seiner Frau Rose Lane. Er arbeitet nicht nur selbst auf seiner Farm, wann immer er kann. Chuck Leavell ist ein mit Preisen ausgezeichneter und hoch angesehener Vertreter der amerikanischen Forstwirtschaft. Als engagierter Naturschützer und Buchautor reist er durch Land, hält Reden und spielt Konzerte für den Wald.
Chuck Leavell wird zwei weitere Konzerte in Deutschland spielen, allerdings ohne Bigband. Die Termine und Orte stehen noch nicht fest.

Re: Chuck Leavell live in Germany 2011
Date: May 21, 2011 20:12

Here is the tracklist of the double live-cd "Live in Germany - Green Leaves and Blue Notes Tour 2007".
As far as I remember this was also the setlist:

Disc1 45:28 min
1. In the Wee Wee Hours (Professor Longhair)
2. (Get Your Kicks On) Route 66 (well, you know by whom yopu know it though they didn't write it)
3. Living in a Dream (Allman Bros.)
4. King Grand (Allman Bros.)
5. Honky Tonk Woman (well, you know by whom you know it because they wrote it)
6. Rip This Joint (well, you know by whom you know it because they wrote it)
7. Coming Home (Chuck Leavell)
8. Down the Road a Piece (well, you know by whom you know it though they didn't write it)
9. Alberta, Alberta (trad.)
10. Band Introductions
Disc 2 52:00
1. Here Comes the Sun (yeah that one by that I-forget-the-name-and-where-did-they-come-from-one-hit-wonder)
2. Tomato Jam (Chuck)
3. Blue Rose (Chuck)
4. Tumbling Dice (well, you know by whom you know it because they wrote it)
5. Compared to What (my personal favourite!)
6. Jessica (Allman Bros.)
7. Georgia on My Mind (Hoagy Carmichael, of Ray Charles fame)
8. Statesborro Blues (Blind Willie McTell)
9. Savannah (Chuck)

I am sure he will find some amazing arrangements with a big band! His sidemen then were from the big band.

And one line by that band who did Here Comes The Sun comes to my mind when I think of the shows I have seen in 2007: A splendid time is guaranteed for all!

Posted by: electric-duane ()
Date: May 21, 2011 21:43

Well hell, I live in Langen so I guess I'll stop by at least to hear him do Jessica. Pretty cool, although Langen is really, what, 15km from Frankfurt? Hmmmm.

Peace Out,

E-Duane

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 21, 2011 22:57

Quote:
Seit 1982 ist er der Keyboarder und musical director der Rolling Stones.

Since 1982 the keyboard player the musical director of the Rolling Stones.

Quote:
Chuck Leavell ist einer der gefragtesten Bluespianisten weltweit.

Chuck Leavell is one of the most in demand Blues pianist worldwide.

But the man is not bluesy at all. He may be a very good player and a nice guy but his main problem is that he is not bluesy at all. I think he would do better in a Zappe'esque 'jazz from hell' type setting.

Date: May 25, 2011 22:31

Whale
Quote:
Seit 1982 ist er der Keyboarder und musical director der Rolling Stones.

Since 1982 the keyboard player the musical director of the Rolling Stones.

Quote:
Chuck Leavell ist einer der gefragtesten Bluespianisten weltweit.

Chuck Leavell is one of the most in demand Blues pianist worldwide.

But the man is not bluesy at all. He may be a very good player and a nice guy but his main problem is that he is not bluesy at all. I think he would do better in a Zappe'esque 'jazz from hell' type setting.

- There is an "and" which doesn't necessarily mean that he is musical director since 1982.

- I see him less in any Zappa connection but in a Stones one as he was recommended by Ian Stewart...
Chuck Leavell played the piano on the 100 Club tribute to Stu in 1986. I am sure they would have asked Leonard Bernstein or any other person in the world to play Stu's part if they thought that to be appropriate on such a special occasion.
Look up the setlist on Nico Zengraf's pages if you don't know it inside out.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 25, 2011 22:37

Maybe they can keep him there thumbs up

Date: May 25, 2011 22:58

Koen
Maybe they can keep him there thumbs up

Where is "there"? In Germany would be fine as you Dutch got Bill!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home