Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11
Re: Keith Finally Back At Work
Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: October 6, 2011 03:45

Thanks for the news! Can't wait to hear the results!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 6, 2011 23:35

TeddyB1018
KRiffhard
TeddyB1018
Yep. He's also back in the studio working in his own stuff. Playing well.

...confirmed by Ronnie: "(...)Keith is making his record in New York, Mick is like, forever, getting into different musical... we are not getting any younger.(...)”

I believe Darryl, Ronnie and Charlie have all made contributions to Keith's new work, alng with Steve Jordan and Pierre. So not just the Winos.

...i would prefer an album with only Winos, including Babi Floyd.

Date: October 6, 2011 23:42

Hillside Blues
What about Waddy Wachtel? Not sure it could be called a Winos album without him.

Sounds more like a Rolling Stones record minus Mick Jagger.

Anyway, this is great news!

I agree! No Waddy?! No Winos! winking smiley

Posted by: fiftyamp ()
Date: October 7, 2011 01:59

Hillside Blues
What about Waddy Wachtel? Not sure it could be called a Winos album without him.

Waddy's out with Stevie Nicks, and will be for the next few months. Ivan is in the studio with Keith this week though!

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: October 7, 2011 03:27

Yep, Waddy is with Stevie Nicks and Charley Drayton is with Cold Chisel at the moment. Great to know that Steve Jordan and Ivan Neville are involved.

I can't get enough of Ronnie's playing at the moment (Faces shows, I Feel Like Playing) so I can't wait to hear him on a Keith album. The interplay between the two on Ronnie's first few albums is fantastic imo.

Hope Sara Dash is involved somehow.

Date: October 7, 2011 19:34

fiftyamp
Hillside Blues

Waddy's out with Stevie Nicks, and will be for the next few months. Ivan is in the studio with Keith this week though!

Great news...but Waddy has to reach Keef in studio!

Date: October 7, 2011 21:39

Purely speculating here, but given the fact that there's been a concerted effort to tie up loose ends while they're still around to do so, I'm curious if Keith is mining his archives for unreleased tracks from DIRTY WORK, the two solo albums, VOODOO LOUNGE, BRIDGES, and his sessions from 10 years ago to compile this new solo disc.

The speculation has been that Keith hasn't exactly been prolific as far as songwriting is concerned for quite some time now and with this solo album seemingly appearing out of nowhere this year and involving so many old friends, I'm curious if he's set aside the cover versions and the acoustic instrumentals and unearthed gems like Baby You're Too Much, Crushed Pearl, Deep Love, My Heart is Breaking, Make It Now, You Got It Made, It's Funny, High or Low, etc.

I would certainly welcome seeing newly finished versions of this material. I'll be curious if anyone knows exactly what he's been brewing of late.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 7, 2011 22:29

I like the fact that no one is saying here - "Keith, go back to the Stones, your solo album stands in the way of band's 50 anniversary".

Date: October 7, 2011 22:38

Gee, do you think he'd listen any more than when hysterical Stones fans tell Mick not to work with SuperHeavy?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 7, 2011 23:07

WilliamPatrickMaynard
The speculation has been that Keith hasn't exactly been prolific as far as songwriting is concerned for quite some time now

what you call speculation, i would call unassailable fact...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: October 7, 2011 23:27

Ronnie didn't exactly say Keith was doing an album....he said cutting tracks....so who knows what he's going to do.

Date: October 8, 2011 00:10

I would imagine it is tied to the HAPPY project that is still coming together.

Date: October 9, 2011 03:44

"Not just the Winos" also applies to TALK IS CHEAP it might be worth remembering where Mick Taylor, Joey Spaminato, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Chuck Leavell, Johnnie Johnson, etc. all made fine contributions.

Date: October 9, 2011 22:34

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Purely speculating here, but given the fact that there's been a concerted effort to tie up loose ends while they're still around to do so, I'm curious if Keith is mining his archives for unreleased tracks from DIRTY WORK, the two solo albums, VOODOO LOUNGE, BRIDGES, and his sessions from 10 years ago to compile this new solo disc.

The speculation has been that Keith hasn't exactly been prolific as far as songwriting is concerned for quite some time now and with this solo album seemingly appearing out of nowhere this year and involving so many old friends, I'm curious if he's set aside the cover versions and the acoustic instrumentals and unearthed gems like Baby You're Too Much, Crushed Pearl, Deep Love, My Heart is Breaking, Make It Now, You Got It Made, It's Funny, High or Low, etc.

I would certainly welcome seeing newly finished versions of this material. I'll be curious if anyone knows exactly what he's been brewing of late.

I'm curious too! "You got it made", "Breakin'", "Randy Whore" or "Cocaine Blues" would be fantastic songs for a new solo album. "Crushed Pearl" sounds identical to Neil Young's "Heart Of Stone, "High or Low" is a misterious song winking smiley!

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: October 9, 2011 22:35

For what its worth, somebody named StonesJunkie on Shidoobee was supposedly
picnicking in the woods near Keith's home in Conn and got a short recording of
him playing live with a band. You can hear (maybe) Keith's guitar, the drummer,
a keyboard player, a short bit from a female vocalist, and maybe a little
soft crooning from KR. Wino-ish, and reminiscent (maybe) of that Exile bonus track
Aladdin. Frankly, we can use all the genies we can get at this point.

Story and link:

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Date: October 10, 2011 00:13

Thanks for that, Rev.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: October 10, 2011 00:16

nocomment
Story and link:

[shidoobeewithstonesdoug.yuku.com]

Damn. My heart skipped a beat there--first new music from Keith in years and the link was already broken by the time I saw it. Anyone care to repost?

Posted by: StonesJunkie ()
Date: October 10, 2011 02:53

Sorry guys, that was me. My wife and friends that were with me were all freaked out that I posted it and were afraid of legal action so I pulled it. If Keith is working on something new, I don't want to be the one that causes him problems by letting it out too soon, but it was damn awesome to hear live!!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 10, 2011 06:11

From Pierre's Facebook page:

Pierre de Beauport
studio sessions
Like · · 2 hours ago · Privacy:

8 people like this..
Bernard Fowler How goes it P? Hope all is good. Sending you and the boss a big hi.
2 hours ago · Unlike · 1 person.

Richard Kerris Need drums?
2 hours ago · Like.

Bernard Fowler Need a voice?
2 hours ago · Unlike · 1 person

Date: October 10, 2011 06:16

StonesJunkie, thanks for sharing. You're very fortunate.

SCL, I just saw that, too. Didn't know you were on FB.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 10, 2011 06:32

WilliamPatrickMaynard
StonesJunkie, thanks for sharing. You're very fortunate.

SCL, I just saw that, too. Didn't know you were on FB.
YUp.

Date: October 10, 2011 06:54

The mystery of SCL lives on!

Date: October 10, 2011 13:23

First - the book, now - a solo album, and in the near future - the documentary about his career (but with the use of the Stones' archival materials). It seems that someone has put an end to his work with the Rolling Stones.
What's an irony! No one expected that KR would turn out to be the person who'd destroy the Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 13:31 by proudmary.

Date: October 10, 2011 13:46

proudmary
First - the book, now - a solo album, and in the near future - the documentary about his career (but with the use of the Stones' archival materials). It seems that someone has put an end to his work with the Rolling Stones.
What's an irony! No one expected that KR would turn out to be the person who'd destroy the Stones

Please stop speculating! We don't even know what Keith's recordings are. It could be for the new Stones album for what we know...

Date: October 10, 2011 13:52

DandelionPowderman
proudmary

Please stop speculating! We don't even know what Keith's recordings are. It could be for the new Stones album for what we know...

We can only speculate - me like all the others here.
"It could be for the new Stones album" - come on, you yourself do not believe in it!

Date: October 10, 2011 13:57

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

"It could be for the new Stones album" - come on, you yourself do not believe in it!

Speculation leaves you blind here. Open up! If you don't know for a fact, don't rule out the other options. It's a 50th anniversary round the corner. No one in the Stones even has the power to let that go (even if one wanted to).

Date: October 10, 2011 14:12

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

Speculation leaves you blind here. Open up! If you don't know for a fact, don't rule out the other options. It's a 50th anniversary round the corner. No one in the Stones even has the power to let that go (even if one wanted to).

You just can not believe in the possibility that Richards may throw the Stones like that. But this is happening right here and now before our eyes.
By the way, there are a lot of posters here who welcome this development.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-10-10 14:13 by proudmary.

Date: October 10, 2011 14:13

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

You just can not believe in the possibility that Richards may throw the Stones like that. But this is happening right here and now before our eyes.

No, it's not. In your imagination, perhaps. But luckily, time is on our side smiling smiley

Date: October 10, 2011 14:15

DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

No, it's not. In your imagination, perhaps. But luckily, time is on our side smiling smiley

Let's see but what if I'm right?

Date: October 10, 2011 14:25

proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary
DandelionPowderman
proudmary

Let's see but what if I'm right?

Then I'll bow down for you, proudmary, and announce that you were right and I was wrong smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 9 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home