Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11
Re: Keith Finally Back At Work
Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: May 28, 2011 23:54

Keith is still recording toward a potential Winos project and there are growing rumblings toward Stones activity for next year after the Super Heavy project.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 29, 2011 07:15

Thanks, Teddy. Both bits of news are welcome.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 29, 2011 11:59

TeddyB1018
Keith is still recording

I like that

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 29, 2011 12:05

Teddy, how do you know this???
i want to believe you, am just curious where you got your info from
byeee
jeroen

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: May 29, 2011 13:14

TeddyB1018
there are growing rumblings toward Stones activity for next year.

I don't like that.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 29, 2011 15:52

KRiffhard

C'mon Keef, it's time to work on this great outtake

Oh lord, this is fantastic - thank you for posting. IMO, it has more potential than the finalised version of How I Wish. I love the groove of this recording and if Keith had worked on the lyrics a little more...

Date: May 29, 2011 15:57

Jeroen, Teddy's info has proven correct time and again. He consistently has had info before it reaches others. If he says something like "my best friend is Marlon Richards" than his best friend would likely not tell him anything again.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 29, 2011 16:33

well, good news than!!
One Love
Jeroen

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: May 29, 2011 17:54

Roll till death. We can expert fresh stuff. Thank you insiders.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: May 29, 2011 20:35

TeddyB1018
Keith is still recording toward a potential Winos project and there are growing rumblings toward Stones activity for next year after the Super Heavy project.

Many thanks Teddy! Great news thumbs up

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 29, 2011 20:39

TeddyB1018

O boy, more rumors...

Date: May 29, 2011 20:42

Big Al
KRiffhard

Oh lord, this is fantastic - thank you for posting. IMO, it has more potential than the finalised version of How I Wish. I love the groove of this recording and if Keith had worked on the lyrics a little more...

Hi Big Al, i'm fanatic of this great outtake, and imo it's not an "early version of 'How i wish' or 'Eileen'" as someone said. Try to think about 'You got it made' and 'Breakin' as first two song of new Winos album...oh Lord!!

Date: June 5, 2011 19:09

TeddyB1018

Teddy, you know a thing or two! Don't you think that currently Keef activity is directed only at Winos project?

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 6, 2011 00:15

I guess anything is better than nothing?

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: June 6, 2011 07:07

KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Teddy, you know a thing or two! Don't you think that currently Keef activity is directed only at Winos project?

Yes, I do think that. What I don't know is if the project will come to fruition. Not that I have any reason to suspect it won't.

Date: June 6, 2011 20:05

TeddyB1018
KRiffhard
TeddyB1018

Yes, I do think that. What I don't know is if the project will come to fruition. Not that I have any reason to suspect it won't.

I'm very curious to see if this possible new solo album will have the same intensity of T.I.C. or M.O...too many years have passed since the last album.
Imo if Keef'n'Steve also worked on some outtakes ("Breakin'" or "You got it made" for example) it might be a kick ass album.

Date: June 6, 2011 21:06

A few years ago when Keith was on Steve Jordan's radio show that was exactly what they had discussed. Steve said he was listening to unfinished Winos tracks and that a few of them were really good and that they were talking about finishing them off. Keith said something like it would probably just be an EP not a full album and that it might be download only if I remember correctly. This was right around the time "Run Rudolph Run" and "Pressure Drop" were released as a download-only single. Wouldn't shock me at all if they're reworking outtakes and then maybe running with whatever material Keith has been woodshedding for the last decade. Not hard to imagine the raw tracks he worked on with Blondie Chaplin and George Recile (like "Still a Fool" and "You Win Again") being redone as Winos tracks. Presumably "High or Low" is still a contender. We'll see. VINTAGE WINOS received surprisingly strong distribution here in the States.

Date: June 6, 2011 21:35

Rocky Dijon
A few years ago when Keith was on Steve Jordan's radio show that was exactly what they had discussed. Steve said he was listening to unfinished Winos tracks and that a few of them were really good and that they were talking about finishing them off. Keith said something like it would probably just be an EP not a full album and that it might be download only if I remember correctly. This was right around the time "Run Rudolph Run" and "Pressure Drop" were released as a download-only single. Wouldn't shock me at all if they're reworking outtakes and then maybe running with whatever material Keith has been woodshedding for the last decade. Not hard to imagine the raw tracks he worked on with Blondie Chaplin and George Recile (like "Still a Fool" and "You Win Again") being redone as Winos tracks. Presumably "High or Low" is still a contender. We'll see. VINTAGE WINOS received surprisingly strong distribution here in the States.

Hi Rocky! I've never heard about 'High or Low'..is it a Winos outtake?!

Date: June 6, 2011 22:11

It's a BRIDGES TO BABYLON outtake. News of it first surfaced when STONES PEOPLE magazine interviewed Rob Fraboni in 1997 and he gave details on the outtakes he was involved in producing or engineering.

Around 2000 or 2001, Sheryl Crow spoke to Rolling Stone Magazine about the song saying Keith played her the Stones outtake in her limo and she thought it was the best thing they'd done in years and couldn't understand why it wasn't released. She claimed that she was recording it for her next album with Keith guesting on guitar. If it was recorded, it never surfaced.

Nico Zentgraff lists Keith recording the track at one of his solo sessions about 10 years ago with Sheryl Crow, Blondie Chaplin, and George Recile in attendance and Rob Fraboni producing.

The song seems to have fallen off the map since then although it might be one of the outtakes Keith recently sent Mick to try to interest him in working together again. Don't know if it might be re-tooled for the Winos or not. I'd say it probably depends on how realistic the chances of Stones sessions are or Don Was' rumored 2-disc set of outtakes from 1993-2002.

Date: June 6, 2011 22:41

Rocky Dijon
It's a BRIDGES TO BABYLON outtake. News of it first surfaced when STONES PEOPLE magazine interviewed Rob Fraboni in 1997 and he gave details on the outtakes he was involved in producing or engineering.

Around 2000 or 2001, Sheryl Crow spoke to Rolling Stone Magazine about the song saying Keith played her the Stones outtake in her limo and she thought it was the best thing they'd done in years and couldn't understand why it wasn't released. She claimed that she was recording it for her next album with Keith guesting on guitar. If it was recorded, it never surfaced.

Nico Zentgraff lists Keith recording the track at one of his solo sessions about 10 years ago with Sheryl Crow, Blondie Chaplin, and George Recile in attendance and Rob Fraboni producing.

The song seems to have fallen off the map since then although it might be one of the outtakes Keith recently sent Mick to try to interest him in working together again. Don't know if it might be re-tooled for the Winos or not. I'd say it probably depends on how realistic the chances of Stones sessions are or Don Was' rumored 2-disc set of outtakes from 1993-2002.

Really interesting Rocky!
So we have the first four songs of the new Winos album (!):
1. Breakin'
2. You got it made
3. High or Low
4. Tell me what you wanna hear

We hope that there are no outtakes as "Losing My Touch"!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: June 6, 2011 22:51

Four songs. Go Keith.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: June 6, 2011 23:14

Just to be clear, James - we're all just speculating. No titles from Keith's recent sessions have leaked yet.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: June 7, 2011 01:10

KRiffhard
Rocky Dijon

1. Breakin'
2. You got it made
3. High or Low

Add "She Put The Mark On Me" from the Talk is Cheap sessions. Can't believe no one hasn't mentioned it yet. That one has got some serious groove... and that riff... just fantastic.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: June 7, 2011 01:45

KRiffhard
Rocky Dijon

1. Breakin'
2. You got it made
3. High or Low

Found first 2 on youtube in 2 secs - cant find the last 2 boooooooooooooo sad smiley

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: June 7, 2011 03:25

KRiffhard

Great song, thanks KRiff for sharing it. Much appreciated.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 7, 2011 04:15

I don't agree that Breakin' is a "great song". It's more or less riffing with the Take It So Hard and How I Wish signatures all over it. It's interesting as an outtake, but for an official release it lacks originality.

Date: June 7, 2011 04:48

Captainchaos
3. High or Low

Found first 2 on youtube in 2 secs - cant find the last 2 boooooooooooooo sad smiley

"Tell Me What You Wanna Hear" circulated in so-so condition. It's an early version of "Rockawhile" if my memory serves. "High or Low" has never circulated as either a Stones outtake or a solo outtake. I believe a couple regulars on this board have heard it, but I've not had the pleasure.

Date: June 7, 2011 22:01

Hillside Blues
KRiffhard
Rocky Dijon

1. Breakin'
2. You got it made
3. High or Low

Add "She Put The Mark On Me" from the Talk is Cheap sessions. Can't believe no one hasn't mentioned it yet. That one has got some serious groove... and that riff... just fantastic.

...i've never listened to this this outtake..where i can find it?!

Date: June 7, 2011 22:07

alimente
I don't agree that Breakin' is a "great song". It's more or less riffing with the Take It So Hard and How I Wish signatures all over it. It's interesting as an outtake, but for an official release it lacks originality.

...imo "Breakin'" could be a great song, even if that riff reminds to How i wish or Eileen.

Posted by: Hillside Blues ()
Date: June 7, 2011 22:18

KRiffhard
Hillside Blues
KRiffhard
Rocky Dijon

1. Breakin'
2. You got it made
3. High or Low

...i've never listened to this this outtake..where i can find it?!

I have it on a vinyl bootleg called "One Stone Alone"

Urban Steel also posted it here [www.iorr.org]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 7 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home