Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Live Nation Litigation Over Rolling Stones Tour Can Move Forward
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 8, 2011 19:50

Will they, won't they? make sense of this if you can

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Re: Live Nation Litigation Over Rolling Stones Tour Can Move Forward
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: April 8, 2011 20:28

no, they wont
just be happy with the 45 years of music and concerts.
charlie said they wont do anything anymore.
byeee
jeroen

Date: April 8, 2011 20:36

I love it when people get actual pleasure from the idea a band will no longer tour...

I expect the Stones to tour next year..

Posted by: AngieBlue ()
Date: April 8, 2011 20:44

Can be read one of two ways - they were indeed planning a tour last year and this nastiness came about. They killed the idea before anything near official came about. We were all surprised when the Stones 'officially' denied the rumors of a tour. They never do that. That denial keeps them out of Cohl's lawsuit.

Two - There really was no tour planned. And if they plan to go with Cohl there can not be one until this lawsuit is cleared up.

JMHO

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: April 8, 2011 21:23

stoned in washington dc
I love it when people get actual pleasure from the idea a band will no longer tour...

Exactly. Too many negative people here. Unreal.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 8, 2011 21:48

corriecas

Really ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: April 8, 2011 23:01

Rolling Hansie
corriecas

Really ?

Yeah. Really? I guess your referencing that alleged interview that had its own thread where Charlie supposedly said Keith almost quit playing guitar in the middle of the ABB Tour cause of his fingers. I thought that turned out to be a fake. I'm so confused. All the officially printed interviews with Charlie I've read in the last two years, he says they will probably tour in the next year or two. I believe he said specifically 'when Mick and Keith get bored' (not a direct quote).

P.S. If anybody has time or energy to do so, vote for my band in our radio competition. Here's the link:

[wkqq.clearcontests.com]

Thanks so much.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: April 8, 2011 23:15

Too many negative people here

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: April 8, 2011 23:25

stoned in washington dc

I think the glass is half full so a tour is in our future.

Others are holding a glass that is half empty.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 8, 2011 23:49

custom55
stoned in washington dc

Has it occurred to you that some of us may legitimately feel that another tour would more empty the glass than fill it?

Date: April 8, 2011 23:55

71Tele
Has it occurred to you that some of us may legitimately feel that another tour would more empty the glass than fill it?

Feel free to feel what you want/like/need/have to ... as long as you feel good with what you feel, I feel fine smiling smiley

-------------------

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 8, 2011 23:59

Rolling Hansie
71Tele

Feel free to feel what you want/like/need/have to ... as long as you feel good with what you feel, I feel fine smiling smiley
So we should feel our feelings then?moody smiley

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 9, 2011 00:36

Not that I'm planning things for a possible Rolling Stones tour right now, not al all, but it sure would be nice to know something from some official sources.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: April 9, 2011 00:38

The global economy is still gong to suck next year. They probably will do something. I forsee a new recording and tour and they sail into the sunset.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 9, 2011 00:47

I foresee excitement, done deals, and the inevitable press release confirming no tour in 2012.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 9, 2011 01:04

stoned in washington dc

oh? well, if we're in true confessions mode....i love it when people actually presume to know what gives others pleasure.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 9, 2011 01:09

custom55
stoned in washington dc

I've got 1/2 a loaf.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 9, 2011 01:13

stoned in washington dc

None of the posts above yours suggested anything of the sort from what I can see.

alhavu1

Exactly. Too many negative people here. Unreal.

Or yours.

Too many paranoid people, if anything.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: April 9, 2011 09:50

71Tele
custom55
stoned in washington dc

There's a lot of posts like 71tele's on all threads regarding a tour and or new music.

It's clear that a large portion of fans posting here prefer the older albums, hate or dislike the 90s and 00s output and don't want to see them tour again for various reasons.

Now I do think you all are still fans and it's cool to be critical and it doesn't mean you are not a fan.

BUT... it does make me wonder why you are interested at all in commenting on whether they tour or not.

Why not just throw your post 81 albums in to the garbage, go listen to the 70s stuff, and not be bothered with constantly posting on here about how bad they are now and you dont want to see another tour and you hated the last one etc etc.

What are you getting out of it? Really, im curious.

Another example: I really like The Beatles, not as much as The Stones (of course) but I do realize that the Beatles career is over and done and a reunion is not possible and if it had happened in the 90s it would have been a sad reminder of the great music they made in the past.
However, realizing all of this, I have never been on a Beatles forum so I could talk shit about Paul McCartney and say he is washed up.

We all know he doesn't make the quality of music he used to, but why in hell would I seek out a bunch of fans just to tell them that? I simply listen to the Beatles and I threw away his last 2-3 cds into the garbage where they belonged.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 9, 2011 12:25

KeefintheNight82
71Tele
custom55
stoned in washington dc

There's a lot of posts like 71tele's on all threads regarding a tour and or new music.

It's clear that a large portion of fans posting here prefer the older albums, hate or dislike the 90s and 00s output and don't want to see them tour again for various reasons.

Now I do think you all are still fans and it's cool to be critical and it doesn't mean you are not a fan.

BUT... it does make me wonder why you are interested at all in commenting on whether they tour or not.

Why not just throw your post 81 albums in to the garbage, go listen to the 70s stuff, and not be bothered with constantly posting on here about how bad they are now and you dont want to see another tour and you hated the last one etc etc.

Another example: I really like The Beatles, not as much as The Stones (of course) but I do realize that the Beatles career is over and done and a reunion is not possible and if it had happened in the 90s it would have been a sad reminder of the great music they made in the past.
However, realizing all of this, I have never been on a Beatles forum so I could talk shit about Paul McCartney and say he is washed up.

We all know he doesn't make the quality of music he used to, but why in hell would I seek out a bunch of fans just to tell them that? I simply listen to the Beatles and I threw away his last 2-3 cds into the garbage where they belonged.
Tsk,tsk, should have given them to a charity shop....recycle....recycle.............as we find with Stones later stuff....someone (Even if it is only a few certifiable nutcases yawning smiley ) might like them.......

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-09 13:22 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 9, 2011 12:47

KeefintheNight82
71Tele
custom55
stoned in washington dc

I think you make a fallacy in your analogies with your Beatles fanhood and the people who write here. The latter are much more bigger Stones fans than you are a Beatle fan since they do write of their idols but you don't. There must be Stones fans equal to your Beatle fanhood who are not interested enough of the band to write to a fan forum. Besides, this not just a forum to discuss about the current activities of the band but of their all history and anything related to them. I don't think there is any fan here who writes only to say that they are not like they used to be. If you think so, you make a personal mistake in interpreting people. Those who don't care, do not write. Those who care, they do.

- Doxa

Date: April 9, 2011 14:17

sweetcharmedlife
So we should feel our feelings then?moody smiley

LOL, yeah, but only if you feel comfortable with that

-------------------

Date: April 10, 2011 17:55

Doxa
KeefintheNight82
71Tele
custom55
stoned in washington dc

I think you make a fallacy in your analogies with your Beatles fanhood and the people who write here. The latter are much more bigger Stones fans than you are a Beatle fan since they do write of their idols but you don't. There must be Stones fans equal to your Beatle fanhood who are not interested enough of the band to write to a fan forum. Besides, this not just a forum to discuss about the current activities of the band but of their all history and anything related to them. I don't think there is any fan here who writes only to say that they are not like they used to be. If you think so, you make a personal mistake in interpreting people. Those who don't care, do not write. Those who care, they do.

- Doxa

Sorry, Doxa. You are wrong. There are many people here who NEVER post other than to say "Mick can't sing anymore.' 'They shouldn't tour again' etc etc.

My analogy holds perfectly because the point is that The Beatles are finished for me. Just as The Stones are finished for these people here. All that is left to talk about as far as current activity is whether The Stones will record or will tour, like wise, all that is left currently in Beatle-land is whether Ringo or Paul will tour or will record an album.

So why would I seek out a forum just to slag them off. I get nothing out of it. Fans who like them now get nothing out of it.

Now I am actually a big enough Beatle fan to have all their albums, movies, and some collectibles. But I realize that my opinion of them is that they are finished and Paul McCartney is but a shadow of his former self. So what would be the point of me posting about current Paul McCartney news when this opinion would probably come out?

I could confine myself to topics only about The Beatles past. That's an option.

Ok so say you are correct in that people who like The Stones past post here to discuss it. Fine, why don't they confine themselves to those threads. They already know they think their best years are far behind them them. Why waste their time and everyone else's running down a thread and saying (yet again) how awful they are now. It makes no sense.

There must be some kind of therapy people are getting here by doing this over and over.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 10, 2011 18:05

they will probably tour for the 50th, money train keep a rollin, unfortunate in a way, they should just scale it down and hit the road with great music and leave the props at home

Date: April 10, 2011 18:16

KeefintheNight82
Why waste their time and everyone else's running down a thread and saying (yet again) how awful they are now. It makes no sense.
There must be some kind of therapy people are getting here by doing this over and over.

Well said mate. I'll drink to that smileys with beer

-------------------

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 10, 2011 18:19

all these threads boil down to one thing, WE WANT THEM TO HIT THE ROAD!!!!!!

Date: April 10, 2011 18:20

melillo
WE WANT THEM TO HIT THE ROAD!!!!!!

I'll drink to that too smileys with beer Cheers

-------------------

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 10, 2011 18:24

Rolling Hansie
KeefintheNight82
Why waste their time and everyone else's running down a thread and saying (yet again) how awful they are now. It makes no sense.

Well said mate. I'll drink to that smileys with beer

+1 smileys with beer

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 10, 2011 19:06

KeefintheNight82, the very things that you are questioning and pointing out ARE the reasons people post about why the Stones shouldn't tour again. It's simply time for them to stop before it gets any worse. Keith's head injury excelled, majorly highlighted and accented what was already going on.

Part of it, also, is that some people just assume that they'll be great (tone deaf fans) and that they will tour (the 'done deal' troglodytes). Which may or may not be true or become true and certainly have not come true.

Why are you so defensive about it? It doesn't matter.

Date: April 10, 2011 20:26

I'm not 'so defensive'. And I think it's fine to be critical. You can debate whether they should stop now or not. There's people here who think they should have stopped after Exile and some who think they should have stayed broken up after Dirty Work.

You missed my point entirely.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home