Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Live Nation Litigation Over Rolling Stones Tour Can Move Forward
Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: April 11, 2011 15:59

Ah. Sometimes I think they should have gone out with Rewind.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: April 11, 2011 17:30

skipstone

2002-2003 was the last chance to go out on a high. That tour had everything a farewell tour needed: the songs, the concept and a great DVD that captured it all.

Posted by: R ()
Date: April 11, 2011 17:34

By next year Mick and Keith will pushing 70 and Charlie will have already arrived at that milestone. I think performances are possible, remotely. Maybe a multi-night stand of shows in key cities like NY, London, Paris, Munich, Vegas and Tokyo charging megabucks. A tour like Voodoo or ABB or '78? I don't see it happening. The Stones have nothing left to prove plus I don't think they like one another.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 11, 2011 17:55

KeefintheNight82
There are many people here who NEVER post other than to say "Mick can't sing anymore.' 'They shouldn't tour again' etc etc.

name one

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: April 11, 2011 17:57

mr edward
skipstone

2002-2003 was the last chance to go out on a high. That tour had everything a farewell tour needed: the songs, the concept and a great DVD that captured it all.

i wonder if they can retroactively announce the Licks tour as their farewell tour.

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: April 11, 2011 19:38

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: April 11, 2011 20:06

Other dubious interpretation is US Federal administration impersonated by the pretty blonde U.S. District Court Judge Cecilia (surely a Stones fan) has now the upper hand on the Stones management.

She should be hired for the next video clip, next to Charlie

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: April 13, 2011 21:08

They don't need Michael Cohl or Live Nation to do a tour. Litigation of this type can last years or even decades. They can step over Cohl and Live Nation like so many others in the past.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 13, 2011 22:17

R
By next year Mick and Keith will pushing 70 and Charlie will have already arrived at that milestone. I think performances are possible, remotely. Maybe a multi-night stand of shows in key cities like NY, London, Paris, Munich, Vegas and Tokyo charging megabucks. A tour like Voodoo or ABB or '78? I don't see it happening. The Stones have nothing left to prove plus I don't think they like one another.

I think thats the way forward should they decide to tour much longer (*).

Whether they can do several nights anywhere 'charging megabucks' though I honestly have my doubts. They couldnt last time (whilst they did play several shows in places like New York, LA etc they had to 'stagger' the gigs to take place several months apart to allow the ticket buyer's wallets time to recover).

Even London wasnt a hard ticket in 2007 considering the 3 nights at the 02 were the final shows of the tour, took place in their hometown and were their only UK dates that year. Yet at the same time, Prince managed to fill the same venue for 21 nights charging a fraction of the price for a ticket.

Residencies rely heavily on tourists attending and/or diehards buying tickets for several shows. In this day and age, thats a lot to ask of anyone if they're paying these prices and if they're paying for flights and hotels too.

* - heard from a good source that from about 2013, this is what Dylan will be doing, ie residencies instead of touring the way he does now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-04-14 03:57 by Gazza.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1560
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home