Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Tour? Here's what you'll get
Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: February 28, 2011 19:48

whitem8
"Tour? Here's what you'll get..." A bunch of cynical sniping about every aspect of the tour that doesn't live up the unreachable bar that so many set for the modern Stones. What I will get if I get to see them again? A gigantic thrill that reminds me of being a kid again, and plants a perma grin on my face for the next two hours. And oh yeah, lots of fun dancing!

Yes, I hear ya Whitem8. You nailed it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 28, 2011 19:50

vudicus
StonesTod
vudicus
Do people really believe that Blondie or anyone else plays "underground" guitar to compesate for Keith & Ronnie??? It doesn't happen, ever.

it does happen - and more than you'd think....

Proof? There is none because it doesn't happen.
I use my eyes and my ears at Stones gigs and there is no hidden guitar player.

using your eyes for a hidden guitar player is not recommended. ears are the better choice....and there is more than ample proof that blondie has covered keith's parts with increasing frequency over the years.

proove that there's no proof, ok?

Posted by: trainarollin ()
Date: February 28, 2011 20:01

Yawn. Those who make you angry...control you

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 28, 2011 20:03

Yes, the overall tone of this thread is trollerific, but the points on Blondie... we all have tons of vids and CDs... isn't there some way to solve it with audio/video evidence we can all check out?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 28, 2011 20:06

jamesfdouglas
Yes, the overall tone of this thread is trollerific, but the points on Blondie... we all have tons of vids and CDs... isn't there some way to solve it with audio/video evidence we can all check out?

let's put a "warren commission" type of team - we can find out if there was really a second guitar player on the grassy stage or something....

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 28, 2011 20:07

i've heard there are lots of performance videos of the stones on youtube...

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: February 28, 2011 20:17

21stcenturystones
Ok, forgive me, I hardly ever post. But another tour? Here's what you'll get.
More "underground guitar" from Blondie, since Keith will be too sloppy and Ronnie to drunk. More backing vocals from Lisa, and possibly vocal tracks used to hide Mick's own loss of vocal ability. Same old warhorses, 2 or more opening acts since this will be "the final tour". Oh and ticket prices$$$$$. So let's just remember the good times and move on.

Why should Ronnie be too drunk to play/, he's been playing some great guitar since the last Stones tour so where is this information coming from?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2011 20:43

vudicus
StonesTod
vudicus
Do people really believe that Blondie or anyone else plays "underground" guitar to compesate for Keith & Ronnie??? It doesn't happen, ever.

Not that it overly bothers me, but I've seen it with my own eyes. Most notably at Glasgow in 2006 from my seat in the 5th row to the left of the stage. Blondie was sitting behind the stage playing an electric guitar, which I could hear quite easily. Certainly recall seeing him do so on the opening song (JJF).

To clarify, its not 'under' the stage. It's behind. Usually its acoustic (there seems to be some kind of understanding that playing acoustic onstage is OK, but any filling in on electric is done in the wings)

Date: February 28, 2011 20:44

ineedadrink

Who on earth is going to go to the trouble of filming a Stones gig with their camera or phone and then choose to focus in on Blondie Chaplin?

Date: February 28, 2011 20:51

Gazza
ineedadrink

Who on earth is going to go to the trouble of filming a Stones gig with their camera or phone and then choose to focus in on Blondie Chaplin?

he's got a mother, doesn't he?

Date: February 28, 2011 20:53

Gazza
vudicus
StonesTod
vudicus

Not that it overly bothers me, but I've seen it with my own eyes. Most notably at Glasgow in 2006 from my seat in the 5th row to the left of the stage. Blondie was sitting behind the stage playing an electric guitar, which I could hear quite easily. Certainly recall seeing him do so on the opening song (JJF).

To clarify, its not 'under' the stage. It's behind. Usually its acoustic (there seems to be some kind of understanding that playing acoustic onstage is OK, but any filling in on electric is done in the wings)

i've heard SOMEBODY playing licks that neither ron or keith was playing on the b-stage...can't say it was Blondie, for sure...i should have sent my little terrier out to reveal who was playing behind that closed curtain....

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 28, 2011 20:53

Gazza
ineedadrink

It must be The Warren Commission's people?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 28, 2011 21:04

deadegad
Gazza
ineedadrink

It must be The Warren Commission's people?

This shall hearafter be known as the Grassy Knoll Guitar.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: February 28, 2011 21:35

Lounge Tour Wembley with U2 fans en masse next to us - " Don`t believe these pensioners are playing this" Sympathy indeed. Messy altercation followed, Stones honour protected.

Date: February 28, 2011 21:50

belld
Lounge Tour Wembley with U2 fans en masse next to us - " Don`t believe these pensioners are playing this" Sympathy indeed. Messy altercation followed, Stones honour protected.

Good man, Beller. I hope it was messier than the Nou Camp in '72.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: February 28, 2011 21:56

Rockman
Well count yaself lucky 'cause I can't shake the prick off.....

Nice one Rocky!

Date: February 28, 2011 22:09

Gazza
belld

Good man, Beller. I hope it was messier than the Nou Camp in '72.
Franco or Bono indeed, both a trifle too keen with words and dictats.

Posted by: starstar74 ()
Date: February 28, 2011 22:31

No joke. A guy I worked with SUPPOSEDLY knew a guy who allegedly played behind the "curtain" guitar during the VL tour. Apparently, according to this source the Stones use 2 guitarist who literally play behind the stage and out of sight. I call BS, but the guy I worked with swore up and down it was true!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: February 28, 2011 22:37

If there's another tour - and I believe it's a very big if - my guess is that attendance won't be compulsory. So if you hate the set list, think the ticket price is a rip-off, can't endure Keith's noodling or Mick's lack of range or, horror of horror's, the fact that 70 year old men don't play like 30 years olds, don't go. It's that simple. Or you could stump up the dosh and try and catch a clip of the phantom guitar players.

Date: February 28, 2011 22:38

starstar74
No joke. A guy I worked with SUPPOSEDLY knew a guy who allegedly played behind the "curtain" guitar during the VL tour. Apparently, according to this source the Stones use 2 guitarist who literally play behind the stage and out of sight. I call BS, but the guy I worked with swore up and down it was true!
What a waste these guys must be wonderfully talented but hidden behind a curtain.
I knew a man at the local garage who knew another man at Oxford University who swore most of Shakespeares plays were written by three ghost writers. Ce la vie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-28 22:42 by belld.

Date: February 28, 2011 22:40

starstar74

THAT is bollocks.

Date: February 28, 2011 22:46

Lady Jayne
If there's another tour - and I believe it's a very big if - my guess is that attendance won't be compulsory. So if you hate the set list, think the ticket price is a rip-off, can't endure Keith's noodling or Mick's lack of range or, horror of horror's, the fact that 70 year old men don't play like 30 years olds, don't go. It's that simple. Or you could stump up the dosh and try and catch a clip of the phantom guitar players.
thumbs up Enough said Lady Jayne

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 28, 2011 22:46

starstar74
According to Bild all Stones shows are play-back - they don't even need the 2 guitarists behind the curtain.grinning smiley

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: February 28, 2011 22:48

StonesTod
Gazza
vudicus
StonesTod
vudicus

i've heard SOMEBODY playing licks that neither ron or keith was playing on the b-stage...can't say it was Blondie, for sure...i should have sent my little terrier out to reveal who was playing behind that closed curtain....

I remember Blondie playing clearly from 2003. Specifically, Chicago 1/21/2003 at the United Center, during the song Before They Make Me Run. In fact, I wrote about it at the time, and here's the snippet of the show review I wrote that evening over at Shidoobee (it's still archived on that site)...

There was a *really* tasty lick in the middle of Before They Make Me Run, but it was Blondie's! Anybody else catch that?

I've not been able to track down a boot from this show, but I know it was not Keith or Ronnie playing the cool lick that I heard. And this was 2003, before most of the reported Blondie guitar augmentation was commented on. I certainly heard it this night. And I'm sure it was Blondie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-28 22:51 by rocker1.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 28, 2011 22:52

turns out the girl who cut my hair all these years....wasn't the haircutter.
hidden camera shows a mysterious arm from reaching out from behind the drapes with
scissors.

Date: February 28, 2011 22:55

rocker1
StonesTod
Gazza
vudicus
StonesTod
vudicus

I remember Blondie playing clearly from 2003. Specifically, Chicago 1/21/2003 at the United Center, during the song Before They Make Me Run. In fact, I wrote about it at the time, and here's the snippet of the show review I wrote that evening over at Shidoobee...

There was a *really* tasty lick in the middle of Before They Make Me Run, but it was Blondie's! Anybody else catch that?

I've not been able to track down a boot from this show, but I know it was not Keith or Ronnie playing the cool lick that I heard. And this was 2003, before most of the reported Blondie guitar augmentation was commented on. I certainly heard this night. And I'm sure it was Blondie.
I do not doubt your audio analysis but having heard Blondie at the Paradiso in Amsterdam when he struggled to negotiate the curtains let alone play a recognisable note I have me doubts!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: February 28, 2011 23:08

Anybody here with "On Stage" seats saw Blondie playing off stage ?!

Date: February 28, 2011 23:10

You could barely see Charlie from those 'seats' let alone who was behind him!

Date: February 28, 2011 23:12

Gazza

couldn't see a bloody thing cos of the blinding light reflecting off charlie's head.

Date: February 28, 2011 23:14

StonesTod
Gazza

couldn't see a bloody thing cos of the blinding light reflecting off charlie's head.
The old Wembley Messiahs Light Always Shines Bright.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1469
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home