Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Tour? Here's what you'll get
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2011 23:15

StonesTod
Gazza
You could barely see Charlie from those 'seats' let alone who was behind him!

couldn't see a bloody thing cos of the blinding light reflecting off charlie's head.

That was obviously deliberate in order to prevent you from witnessing Blondie playing the solo on 'Sympathy' while standing on his head.....

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 28, 2011 23:23

Gazza
StonesTod
Gazza

couldn't see a bloody thing cos of the blinding light reflecting off charlie's head.

That was obviously deliberate in order to prevent you from witnessing Blondie playing the solo on 'Sympathy' while standing on his head.....

we were offered protective eyewear at $50 a pop at the time, but didn't realize what it would afford us. blindsight is 20-20....or something....

Posted by: belld ()
Date: February 28, 2011 23:25

Gazza
StonesTod
Gazza

thumbs up Have you ever noticed the incredible similarity between Blondie and the greatest Scottish philosopher "OOR WILLIE"? Same coiffure but Blondie needs a bucket to rest on and think.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-28 23:29 by belld.

Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: March 1, 2011 00:55

Gazza
vudicus
StonesTod
vudicus
Do people really believe that Blondie or anyone else plays "underground" guitar to compesate for Keith & Ronnie??? It doesn't happen, ever.

it does happen - and more than you'd think....

Proof? There is none because it doesn't happen.
I use my eyes and my ears at Stones gigs and there is no hidden guitar player.

Not that it overly bothers me, but I've seen it with my own eyes. Most notably at Glasgow in 2006 from my seat in the 5th row to the left of the stage. Blondie was sitting behind the stage playing an electric guitar, which I could hear quite easily. Certainly recall seeing him do so on the opening song (JJF).

To clarify, its not 'under' the stage. It's behind. Usually its acoustic (there seems to be some kind of understanding that playing acoustic onstage is OK, but any filling in on electric is done in the wings)

Sssshhh, maybe Keith and Ronnie don't know? maybe Mick is screwing them, just like Keith did with Chuck on the Hail hail film? I mean, Ronnie is so drunk, and Keith so stoned, that they don't really know what they are playing, they are just impressed of how good it sounds, not knowing that it is played by some hidden guy on the premisses..... hot smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: March 1, 2011 00:58

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: March 1, 2011 01:10

First of all, kid, if that's all you got, it's good you don't post much. Nothing insightful, new or controversial. Second, I'm not goin anywhere there's no Rockman. Finally, why did you choose to call yourself 21st century stones if you hate the current version? Sheesh. Next?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 1, 2011 01:59

21stcenturystones
Ok, forgive me, I hardly ever post. But another tour? Here's what you'll get.
More "underground guitar" from Blondie, since Keith will be too sloppy and Ronnie to drunk. More backing vocals from Lisa, and possibly vocal tracks used to hide Mick's own loss of vocal ability. Same old warhorses, 2 or more opening acts since this will be "the final tour". Oh and ticket prices$$$$$. So let's just remember the good times and move on.

I've just come over all faint. I don't think I can take all these new ideas on board winking smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 1, 2011 07:37

OK. I'll cave.... It's me standing behind the curtain playing the guitar. I do it for food.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 1, 2011 11:24

"Now, let's see who plays the guitar behind the curtains..."

- Doxa

Date: March 1, 2011 12:40

Well, I think there may be one or two good responses here. Too bad. People it seems you are more delusional that Charlie (Sheen). This was merely a thought that has turned into a rant about "Blondie does, no he doesn't". I'm saying "YES HE DOES"!!! Thank you.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 1, 2011 12:50

21stcenturystones
"Blondie does, no he doesn't". I'm saying "YES HE DOES"!!!

Cool, so it is true. The Stones really need him.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: March 1, 2011 14:46

Sure he does, 21st Century and that's a fair point -- not a new one, but a fair one. It's not very often, though, that I can hear much of him in the mix.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: March 1, 2011 15:55

I stand (sit) corrected.

I cannot understand why they feel the need to have blondie playing behind the amps on some numbers. When he's playing, then he should be onstage with the rest of the additional members.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 20:20 by vudicus.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 1, 2011 18:11

Maybe they'll let him play "One Way Or Another" - ooops, wrong Blondie.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 1, 2011 18:24

Gazza
StonesTod
Gazza

Charlie's not afraid of showing his bald spot - The Edge is wearing his beanie all the time. Is he afraid of showing his bald thing / missing hair.

He should really take it off - that could give some very special effects reflecting the lightshow at the consert.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home