Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Why did Brian, Mick and Bill quit ?
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 26, 2011 18:38

Erik_Snow
mtaylor
Erik_Snow
Some of you guys are pathetic, it's a very nice picture. I bet you will all look quite more old, retired and out of time when you reach Bill's age there, unless you don't do that allready - as Bill's looking good - as well as his grand-daughter
ummmm...sometimes humor is completely lost on some folks here....

duh, you know i knew you were trying to be funny, but it's a kind of "private photo" which doesn't seem funny to be humorous about, which makes it "not funny"
I can't see it being worse joking about a simple picture than calling Charlie, that went through a tough cancer period, a coward.
To my standards, calling a "cancer-sick Charlie" a coward is much worse.
Some people here on the board like to harass or joke about other people, but when it is contrary they are the first to complain.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 26, 2011 19:40

mtaylor
Erik_Snow
mtaylor
Erik_Snow
Some of you guys are pathetic, it's a very nice picture. I bet you will all look quite more old, retired and out of time when you reach Bill's age there, unless you don't do that allready - as Bill's looking good - as well as his grand-daughter

duh, you know i knew you were trying to be funny, but it's a kind of "private photo" which doesn't seem funny to be humorous about, which makes it "not funny"
I can't see it being worse joking about a simple picture than calling Charlie, that went through a tough cancer period, a coward.
Some people here on the board like to harass or joke about other people, but when it is contrary they are the first to complain.

not that i think this conversation is going anywhere, but....
StonesTod and I are not the same person, even though me might be seperated at birth
...btw, he never mentioned cancer

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 26, 2011 19:41

mtaylor
Erik_Snow
mtaylor
Erik_Snow

we should party together sometime. woo-hoo.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 26, 2011 20:46

Erik_Snow
mtaylor
Erik_Snow
mtaylor
Erik_Snow

not that i think this conversation is going anywhere, but....
StonesTod and I are not the same person, even though me might be seperated at birth
...btw, he never mentioned cancer

Re: Why did Brian, Mick and Bill quit ? Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 25, 2011 22:51

well i tried, saw your humour there.

Charlie was loyal to Stones, Charlie had cancer and stuck to Stones despite being sick. Charlie is the one that gets the big applause at every consert - don't think it's because Stones fans / audience see him as a coward.
The one that could be regarded as a coward towards his fellow bandmembers was probably dear old goofy Macca.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 26, 2011 21:42

And Dick Taylor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-26 21:46 by The Sicilian.

Posted by: ShaTurd ()
Date: February 27, 2011 05:40

Dumb question-what does bill look for whilst relic-hunting? Where?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 7, 2013 12:32

Posted by: howled ()
Date: February 7, 2013 13:10

The Stones drummer job pays better than a Jazz drummers job.

I'm sure Mick loves singing "Honky Tonk Women" for the 413th time or whatever.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 7, 2013 13:39

I am quite surprised about some of the statements. Mostly I do not believe much in films or documentations. But Crossfire Hurricane tells you at least the story about B. Jones and M. Taylor, Mick Taylor even in his own words. For me this documentation shows also some of the dramatic within the Stones relationship.

I do not know what words and interviews you are chewing to brankmark Mick and Keith for the leave of B. Wyman. It was obvious already that he will not participate in any further monsther tours.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 7, 2013 14:11

I think that Mick had fun in those 5 shows last year. He might get tired of singing the same songs all the time but I do beleive that all of them have a lot of pride in the music that yhey created. In reading some of the comments I think we all long for the band to be like they were in 1969. They all have families and outside interests its not going back to 1968-1978 never. these guys are close to beingold men. I'd like to see one more stab at a new album and a smallish tour for them to say goodbye and if they call it a day after that so be it.

Brian got fired, MT got tired and Bill got old just about wraps up the title of this thread.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: February 7, 2013 15:36

tumblingdice
Brian got fired, Taylor got tired and Bill got old.

would you allow me to use this line in a song?

Posted by: JC21769 ()
Date: February 7, 2013 18:15

I think Wyman was told to leave because he is a pedophile

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: February 7, 2013 19:40

Brian got sick, Taylor confused and Wyman bored (When Bill left we big money had not begun coming in yet, I think thats the only thing that bothers him).

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: February 7, 2013 19:41

Why did Keith quit writing books?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 7, 2013 21:11

StonesTod
tumblingdice
Brian got fired, Taylor got tired and Bill got old.

sounds the refrain of a promising blues tune....

More like a chorus from a Bryan Adams songdrinking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 7, 2013 21:15

I don't buy Bill's argument that he quitted the band because he needed time to fulfill his other projects. There were plenty of time for that between tours and the more and more scarce recordings.

Date: February 7, 2013 21:30

Metal detectors are very time-consuming...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 7, 2013 22:04

DandelionPowderman
Metal detectors are very time-consuming...

And you would have to strike gold with your detector to compensate for the loss of 20 million pounds.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 7, 2013 23:05

The Sicilian
And Dick Taylor?

Dick Taylor left because he wanted to play guitar in a band, as opposed to just bass.

“I was playing bass and also trying to get into the Royal College of Art. In the end I went to the Central School of Art. I wanted to play guitar rather than bass. At the art school I was at was Phil May. We actually hired the Rollin Stones for an art school dance. We had to pay them 25 quid. We thought we could be making that kind of money if we started another band”.

From: www.noise11.com/news/dick-taylor-rolling-stones-to-pretty-things-20120929

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 7, 2013 23:12

talkcheap
Brian got sick, Taylor confused and Wyman bored (When Bill left we big money had not begun coming in yet, I think thats the only thing that bothers him).

Bollocks. They have been millionaires since '66, and the 89/90 tour grossed a gazillion dollars.

The reason Wyman left was that after the 89/90 tour he had 200 million pounds on his account.

Mathijs

Date: February 7, 2013 23:24

Mathijs
talkcheap

Bollocks. They have been millionaires since '66, and the 89/90 tour grossed a gazillion dollars.

The reason Wyman left was that after the 89/90 tour he had 200 million pounds on his account.

Mathijs

Bill Wyman clears up that misconception in this 1990 interview. The Stones, like most other recording artists of their day, fell victim to bad record deals. Wyman reveals in this interview that he went nearly broke between the '81 and '89 tours.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 8, 2013 01:44

Brian got the ax,
Taylor fell thru the cracks,
Bill was just too lax
And those are all the facts!
I just could not resist writing a little poem! Honestly, I think Taylor ran for his life, Bill hated the flying and Brian was just a wastoid.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 8, 2013 01:54

Mathijs
talkcheap

Mathijs

Interesting...I think only now Mick and Keith each have around that after several more record breaking tours.

Guess Bill invested wisely!

on second thought...could also be that Je Suis Un Rock Star was a far bigger hit than I remembered.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-08 01:55 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: February 8, 2013 03:21

rollmops
There are videos of Bill Wyman explaining that he quit because he thought the band creatively was only going to repeat what they had already done musically and Bill wasn't interested...

So he went on to do music that even more-so repeated everything done already?

Date: February 8, 2013 03:43

LeonidP
rollmops
There are videos of Bill Wyman explaining that he quit because he thought the band creatively was only going to repeat what they had already done musically and Bill wasn't interested...

So he went on to do music that even more-so repeated everything done already?

But at least this way he could have more control over the direction of the music.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: February 9, 2013 06:25

I think the Brian situation could be even more complex than originally seen. Surely he got tired of being a sideman for the Jagger/Richards machine. Remember that Brian was always ahead of his time. Although I think much of Satanic Majesties is a mess, there are brilliant moments from Brian that could be pointing to a future unseen. People have always shook there head, unable to comprehend why Brian did not revive and get re-engaged since they were supposedly recording his kind of music on Beggar's Banquet. Brian might have truly been interested in new kinds of music that would not become popular for years.

He was simply not strong enough to take control of his own life and leave the band and create what he wanted. Personally I think he'd been passive-aggressive for years, not really participating in the band full tilt, and yet not leaving.

Date: February 9, 2013 13:06

24FPS
Personally I think he'd been passive-aggressive for years, not really participating in the band full tilt, and yet not leaving.

thumbs up

Date: February 9, 2013 13:18

mickschix
Brian got the ax,
Taylor fell thru the cracks,
Bill was just too lax
And those are all the facts!

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: February 9, 2013 13:39

Brian got the flick,
Taylor fell out with Mick,
Bill got air-sick.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 9, 2013 14:23

24FPS
I think the Brian situation could be even more complex than originally seen. Surely he got tired of being a sideman for the Jagger/Richards machine. Remember that Brian was always ahead of his time. Although I think much of Satanic Majesties is a mess, there are brilliant moments from Brian that could be pointing to a future unseen. People have always shook there head, unable to comprehend why Brian did not revive and get re-engaged since they were supposedly recording his kind of music on Beggar's Banquet. Brian might have truly been interested in new kinds of music that would not become popular for years.

He was simply not strong enough to take control of his own life and leave the band and create what he wanted. Personally I think he'd been passive-aggressive for years, not really participating in the band full tilt, and yet not leaving.

thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2454
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home