Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
SOME GIRLS DELUXE
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 17, 2011 14:23

hi,

a few weeks ago Gazza mentioned that Eagle Rock records will release a special Some Girls deluxe edition. This week i emailed them, and they replied, there is no intention to do so. A shame , really. thought i would this mention here, so that not many people will get their hopes up.
bye jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-21 17:40 by corriecas.

Re: NO SOME GIRLS DELUXE ON EAGLE ROCK RECORDS
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 17, 2011 14:30

Not quite, Jeroen. Universal will release SOME GIRLS DELUXE in September. Eagle Rock is producing a DVD on the making of the album. That may be a for a separate DVD release from Eagle Rock or it may end up packaged with the Deluxe Edition with Eagle Rock as producer only. In any event, if you spoke to the music division they might not know. If you speak with the Home Entertainment division they might not confirm until there is a press release, but the documentary is in production.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 17, 2011 14:31

well, thats good news.
Thank you
jeroen

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: February 17, 2011 15:27

Can we assume that some Girls will be afforded the same deluxe treatment that exile got then? I'm all about parting with my hard earned cash for a vinyl box set and bonus tracks!>grinning smiley<

Date: February 17, 2011 15:30

Rocky Dijon
Not quite, Jeroen. Universal will release SOME GIRLS DELUXE in September. Eagle Rock is producing a DVD on the making of the album. That may be a for a separate DVD release from Eagle Rock or it may end up packaged with the Deluxe Edition with Eagle Rock as producer only. In any event, if you spoke to the music division they might not know. If you speak with the Home Entertainment division they might not confirm until there is a press release, but the documentary is in production.

Is the Universal release of Some Girls De Luxe in September confirmed? If that's the case, that is fantastic news!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-17 15:30 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 17, 2011 16:00

As a "Rock and Roll, Dance type Album" I think Some Girls will have more commercial success then Exile.
I also think all the unreleased tracks from the Some Girls secessions will be even better then what they did for the Exile package..

So this will be great news if they give us a New Some Girls release...Let it Rock.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: February 17, 2011 16:07

I wonder if there'll be overdubs over the un-released stuff a la Exile.

Might be interesting - especially if they let Ronnie have a go. Hate to say it, but I think any overdub contributions Keith might make are likely to be duds. Especially if his solo on 'So divine' is anything to go by.

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 17, 2011 16:20

Monkeytonkman
Can we assume that some Girls will be afforded the same deluxe treatment that exile got then? I'm all about parting with my hard earned cash for a vinyl box set and bonus tracks!>grinning smiley<

If they simply transfer the CD master to vinyl, ala Exile, then there's no point in spending $140 for an album we've already bought 4-5 times anyway. UNI has already issued Some Girls as a CD (louder + more compressed) "remaster." The bonus disc, no doubt containing the disco Miss You, Everything's Turning To Gold, maybe the promo mix of Before They Make Me Run and seven others to be named later (which we maybe don't have) will hopefully be available at Target stores as well.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: February 17, 2011 16:39

We can with no doubt expect 'finished' tracks ala Exile's bonuses. The Stones will not present half-baked backing tracks with mumbled vocals.

I enjoy every second of the Exile bonus disc, mainly because we are pesented with finished songs.

I don't care for tracks for which I have to imagine: 'Oh, that would have sounded nice if they put a vocal on there'.

Date: February 17, 2011 16:52

Hey man,I've dedicated the best part of my life to collecting Stones Vinyl Long Players, therefore whenever a new release is made available on vinyl then I get hold of it. Ya-Ya's, Exile, Sticky Fingers etc.

Hey man, we all got something, and for me, this is it. So bring on a Some Girls reissue. I'll be buying it to sit nicely in my vinyl collection.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 17, 2011 16:55

Blueranger
We can with no doubt expect 'finished' tracks ala Exile's bonuses. The Stones will not present half-baked backing tracks with mumbled vocals.

I enjoy every second of the Exile bonus disc, mainly because we are pesented with finished songs.

I don't care for tracks for which I have to imagine: 'Oh, that would have sounded nice if they put a vocal on there'.

i like having my imagination run away with myself. NO OVERDUBS for me, thanks. and hold the fries, too.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 17, 2011 17:02

Blueranger

I agree with you. Aladdin story was much better when added new vocals. September sounds good! Hope we'll have it all (or most of it). I hope they will include Everything is turning gold also

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 17, 2011 17:20

wonder if Jesse Jackson will get mad and be offended all over again...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 17, 2011 21:30

corriecas
hi,

a few weeks ago Gazza mentioned that Eagle Rock records will release a special Some Girls deluxe edition. This week i emailed them, and they replied, there is no intention to do so. A shame , really. thought i would this mention here, so that not many people will get their hopes up.
bye jeroen

I didnt say Eagle Rock would release a deluxe Some Girls - maybe you misunderstood.

Eagle Rock release DVD/Blu rays. They're not a record label. The Stones have an exclusive contract with Universal for that side of things. As Rocky says, any involvement with Eagle Rock will be related to the DVD/blu ray formats.

Date: February 17, 2011 21:32

Roll73
I wonder if there'll be overdubs over the un-released stuff a la Exile.

Might be interesting - especially if they let Ronnie have a go. Hate to say it, but I think any overdub contributions Keith might make are likely to be duds. Especially if his solo on 'So divine' is anything to go by.

Much more likely to be unreleased 'finished' songs cut for Some Girls than there were for 'Exile' as the albums were recorded under very different circumstances.

Date: February 18, 2011 00:27

An edited and remixed "Do You Think I Care" and the version of "Fiji Jim" that Kimsey produced new vocals for in 1993 (which may have a completely different title and set of lyrics) are likely. "Claudine" is likely only if Mick comes up with completely new lyrics. They will not release it for the same reason it was scratched earlier. Given the fact that some of the redone EXILE tracks were earlier or later than EXILE, having EMOTIONAL RESCUE outtakes or some of the abandoned TATTOO YOU remixes are also likely. I wouldn't be surprised to find a version of "Gangster's Moll" with the vocal from the late eighties with finished lyrics added to the track from 1979. "Jah is Not Dead" (suitably edited) would also be a good guess.

One would hope they wouldn't repeat tracks from SINGLES 1971-2006, but you certainly can't rule it out. I would bet on the remix of "Before They Make Me Run" with slightly different lyrics remaining MIA.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 18, 2011 00:34

as i've said before, no reason pauline couldn't be back in jail again just as easily....

Date: February 18, 2011 00:35

I'd like a disc featuring the full length versions of many of the songs that were trimmed down for release.

The full length versions of the first four songs on the album alone clock in at around 36 minutes.

Worth mentioning also that 'Some Girls' (unlike 'Exile') has already been remastered and released by UMG with the rest of the post-1970 studio albums, so presumably they're just going to put the same version out again.

1 disc of the reissued album, 1 disc of alternate versions and 1 (hopefully two, although unlikely) of outtakes would be nice. Alternatively, a live 1978 concert for a fourth disc.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 18, 2011 00:38

Monkeytonkman
Hey man,I've dedicated the best part of my life to collecting Stones Vinyl Long Players, therefore whenever a new release is made available on vinyl then I get hold of it. Ya-Ya's, Exile, Sticky Fingers etc.

Hey man, we all got something, and for me, this is it. So bring on a Some Girls reissue. I'll be buying it to sit nicely in my vinyl collection.

It sounds like we have a similar affliction. Do you at least 'open' your new vinyl purchases, or do you leave them sealed on the shelf?

Date: February 18, 2011 00:41

Gazza
I'd like a disc featuring the full length versions of many of the songs that were trimmed down for release.

The full length versions of the first four songs on the album alone clock in at around 36 minutes.

Worth mentioning also that 'Some Girls' (unlike 'Exile') has already been remastered and released by UMG with the rest of the post-1970 studio albums, so presumably they're just going to put the same version out again.

1 disc of the reissued album, 1 disc of alternate versions and 1 (hopefully two, although unlikely) of outtakes would be nice. Alternatively, a live 1978 concert for a fourth disc.

me likey

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: February 18, 2011 01:53

Blueranger

ME TOO! I love "so divine", plus the others are very good too!

Mick's rock, I'm roll.

Date: February 18, 2011 02:16

treaclefingers
Monkeytonkman

It sounds like we have a similar affliction. Do you at least 'open' your new vinyl purchases, or do you leave them sealed on the shelf?

Dude, every single LP I own has been opened and listened to. I have a mate who says he likes to collect vinyl, but he just buys it and keeps it unopened on a shelf. My mate only does it cus he reckons they'll be worth a load more years down the line if they are sold. cold and calculated, go get yourself a high interest ISA account or something.

To my reckoning, you are not letting it fulfill it's purpose. Music is for listening to. If your gonna buy it, you gotta open it, and you gotta listen to it.

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 18, 2011 02:18

duke richardson
wonder if Jesse Jackson will get mad and be offended all over again...

If there's a camera and microphone nearby you can count on it.

Date: February 18, 2011 02:26

treaclefingers
Gazza

me likey

Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea - thats merely a wish list!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 18, 2011 03:49

well, I want the boxset. I hope they release it. :-)

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: February 18, 2011 04:36

Yes a 3-4 Disc set of this awesome period would be in order!

Date: February 19, 2011 00:23

Monkeytonkman
treaclefingers
Monkeytonkman

Dude, every single LP I own has been opened and listened to. I have a mate who says he likes to collect vinyl, but he just buys it and keeps it unopened on a shelf. My mate only does it cus he reckons they'll be worth a load more years down the line if they are sold. cold and calculated, go get yourself a high interest ISA account or something.

To my reckoning, you are not letting it fulfill it's purpose. Music is for listening to. If your gonna buy it, you gotta open it, and you gotta listen to it.
DUDE, that is why I always buy at least two copies. One does get opened!
There, the truth is out.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 19, 2011 15:20

The Place Pigalle boots are probably my most played Stones-cd's, so that's great news. But please, put all remaining Stones on house arrest - no overdubs!

What's Chris Kimsey doing these days?

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Date: February 19, 2011 16:46

Kimsey is still working. I have a David Knopfler album he produced a couple years ago. However, Don Was will be producing the bonus disc for SOME GIRLS.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 19, 2011 17:50

Rocky, you know that for a fact? If that's true then it might be safe to say that people will be put off by that even more this go round.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home