Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: NO SOME GIRLS DELUXE ON EAGLE ROCK RECORDS
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 28, 2011 18:05

StonesTod
someday our great, great, great grandchildren will have the opportunity to watch some of these, but they won't because they won't even know who the rolling stones were....

Sad but true.
Rolling Stones should have started releasing their "vaults" material 20 years ago......because hours are getting late now. I'm preaching to the choir now I know.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 28, 2011 18:11

Erik_Snow
StonesTod
someday our great, great, great grandchildren will have the opportunity to watch some of these, but they won't because they won't even know who the rolling stones were....

Sad but true.
Rolling Stones should have started releasing their "vaults" material 20 years ago......because hours are getting late now. I'm preaching to the choir now I know.

i'm but one voice in the choir, though, and i have a sore throat to boot....

Re: SOME GIRLS DELUXE
Date: February 28, 2011 18:13

toomuchforme
Useless. Think about the gems we had opportunity to get at last. Do you care now you got them ?
the chase is better than the catch.
However a few would deserve a release. You know them.

excellent points. the stones are doing us a favor by not pandering to our groveling and begging. they know what's best for us and i salute them for it.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 28, 2011 18:16

Any chance for the original cover instead the poor censored one ?

At least for a "deluxe" version it would be nice ...but I donĀ“t know about the legal aspects...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 28, 2011 18:59

Maybe as well as updated vocals there'll be an updated cover as many of the younger fans wont know who Lucille Ball, Brigitte Bardot, Jayne Mansfield etc are.

I expect to see mocked up photos of Paris Hilton, Lindsey Lohan and the like as well as having Bill's 'biography' removed. Mick will probably do a vocal 'punch-in' for the 'black girls' line in the title track, considering he's copped out of singing the original lyric whenever it's been performed live since 1999. The word 'fag' will also be edited out of 'When the Whip Comes Down'.

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: February 28, 2011 19:07

The PC Rolling Stones...UGH!!!

Date: February 28, 2011 19:53

Gazza
The word 'fag' will also be edited out of 'When the Whip Comes Down'.

replaced by "person of an alternative lifestyle in LA (not that there's anything wrong with that)" - which has the added benefit of extending the song by a couple of seconds....

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 28, 2011 20:10

StonesTod
as i've said before, no reason pauline couldn't be back in jail again just as easily....

You mean Claudine (Longet)?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 28, 2011 20:22

jamesfdouglas
StonesTod
as i've said before, no reason pauline couldn't be back in jail again just as easily....

no, i mean her less litigious alter-ego, Pauline....

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 1, 2011 20:46

Gazza
I doubt even the Stones know at this point what will be on an expanded 'Some Girls' let alone anyone on here.

Exile was remixed by Mick on October 2009 (not sure) and released in May 2010 so around 7, 8 months.... so for Some Girls, even it this one don't need so much work, perhaps thery are starting to get ready for September.

Of course I don't know

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: March 1, 2011 21:57

The time table isn't quite accurate, Ricky. The new EXILE RARITIES sessions did not finish until January 2010. The Glimmer Twins started work over the summer of 2009 and continued in the Fall. Their work was only sporadic, of course. Don Was had the lion's share of the job selecting tracks to release, remix, and to suggest to Jagger and Richards what was worth finishing. Don had started months earlier.

Mick and Keith allegedly did a songwriting session together over the summer of 2009 to finish or add lyrics to unfinished tracks. They then overdubbed pieces and parts separately in the Fall sending the files back and forth. Taylor's lead guitar overdub for "Plundered My Soul" was not added until January 2010.

As a point of reference, Keith's interview in which he denied Taylor's involvement was conducted in December 2009. The interviewer correctly heard that Jagger had Matt Clifford get in touch with Taylor, but Keith was unaware of Mick's decision to do so. Later Keith stuck to the same party line as Don Was which was to neither confirm nor deny that Taylor was brought in to record for the project.

Don Was has said several times that there will be less work for the Glimmers to compile a SOME GIRLS set. This may be because several tracks were allegedly already completed in 1993 when "So Young" was finished. We should know the facts by Summer.

Posted by: stoner63 ()
Date: March 2, 2011 03:53

StonesTod
jamesfdouglas
StonesTod

no, i mean her less litigious alter-ego, Pauline....

LMAO!!!Nice,quick cover

Date: March 2, 2011 04:22

Rocky Dijon
The time table isn't quite accurate, Ricky. The new EXILE RARITIES sessions did not finish until January 2010. The Glimmer Twins started work over the summer of 2009 and continued in the Fall. Their work was only sporadic, of course. Don Was had the lion's share of the job selecting tracks to release, remix, and to suggest to Jagger and Richards what was worth finishing. Don had started months earlier.

Mick and Keith allegedly did a songwriting session together over the summer of 2009 to finish or add lyrics to unfinished tracks. They then overdubbed pieces and parts separately in the Fall sending the files back and forth. Taylor's lead guitar overdub for "Plundered My Soul" was not added until January 2010.

As a point of reference, Keith's interview in which he denied Taylor's involvement was conducted in December 2009. The interviewer correctly heard that Jagger had Matt Clifford get in touch with Taylor, but Keith was unaware of Mick's decision to do so. Later Keith stuck to the same party line as Don Was which was to neither confirm nor deny that Taylor was brought in to record for the project.

Don Was has said several times that there will be less work for the Glimmers to compile a SOME GIRLS set. This may be because several tracks were allegedly already completed in 1993 when "So Young" was finished. We should know the facts by Summer.

Plus the fact that as late as Jan/Feb 2010 they were still talking about 'Scarlet' being on it.

Another huge difference is that they almost certainly have a lot more songs to pick from for a Some Girls bonus CD than they did for Exile.

Date: March 2, 2011 04:28

I just hope there is no 'new' vocals added to it.Mick tends to over enunciate these days,and it showed on the new vocals on Exile outtakes.I hope they keep it raw and leave the vocals as they were,albeit,cleaned up and remastered.

Date: March 2, 2011 04:56

How do you 'clean' them up without adding something new to them, though?

They recorded far more songs than they were ever going to need. Its unlikely too many of those songs would have had a finished lyric or vocal track. Would have been a waste of energy when they had other songs to complete.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 2, 2011 05:00

I wonder if the box set will look anything like this little jobby I came across on EBAY:

[cgi.ebay.com]

Date: March 2, 2011 05:19

Nawwww...that's just the latest boot going around.Very good though,imo.

Date: March 2, 2011 05:20

Gazza
How do you 'clean' them up without adding something new to them, though?

They recorded far more songs than they were ever going to need. Its unlikely too many of those songs would have had a finished lyric or vocal track. Would have been a waste of energy when they had other songs to complete.

In other words,have the vocals NOT sound like they're coming out of a can,that's all.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 2, 2011 06:24

I'll take some of Jaggers over enunciations vs. cheesy lyrics. The dumbing down of the lyrics is overkill.

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: March 2, 2011 21:40

Gazza
Rocky Dijon

Plus the fact that as late as Jan/Feb 2010 they were still talking about 'Scarlet' being on it.

Another huge difference is that they almost certainly have a lot more songs to pick from for a Some Girls bonus CD than they did for Exile.

Yep! Both are probably right!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: March 14, 2011 23:53

...any news? sad smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 15, 2011 02:23

Would be nice if they include the original cover as intended first :

Date: March 15, 2011 02:57

KRiffhard
...any news? sad smiley

For a release thats tentatively earmarked for September?

No.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: June 16, 2011 13:05

Still not any news?
And by the way has anybody read Patells book on Some girls (sorry if I,ve missed a thread)?

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 16, 2011 16:54

keep your ... clean for a deluxe some girls

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 16, 2011 17:14

yeah, and a month or 2 later........... a deluxe deluxe Some girls.
byeeeeeeeeeeee
jeroen

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 16, 2011 17:39

GetYerAngie
Still not any news?
And by the way has anybody read Patells book on Some girls (sorry if I,ve missed a thread)?

[www.amazon.co.uk]

...Teddy we are waiting for your news! Keef is still recording with Steve? And overdubs for S.G. deluxe?!

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: July 9, 2011 10:38

First picture!

[cgi.ebay.co.uk]

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: July 9, 2011 13:23

kowalski
Would be nice if they include the original cover as intended first :

This version is never released?
This is not the banned version with all those celebrety girls + the Stones on it.

Any idea which known outtakes should appear on this deluxe edition?

Mr.Fancyman

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: July 9, 2011 15:55

My mistake. This is actually an alternate cover from a reprint I believe.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1788
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home