Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8
Re: O.T. Faces Tour is on
Posted by: boymacwerter ()
Date: March 7, 2011 01:33

Listen guys! I've already seen them live with this line up, they are the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world. I would never miss an opportunity to see them in any form but I tried to be accepting of this, which I thought was a colossal error in judgement, and have finally come to the undeniable conclusion that he was the wrong choice, everybody in the world hates him, he's an idiot and it would have been better (and more authentic) if Ronnie just took the lead vocals himself. If they had gone with Chris Robinson it would have been a truly unique and perfect musical experience that could have only been eclipsed by the presence of Rod himself, as it stand it amounts merely the best we are going to get at this time.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 7, 2011 04:44

everybody in the world hates him

Which is why you have so ,many people on this board saying how good he is? YOU might hate him. The whole world does not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-07 19:26 by sweetcharmedlife.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: March 7, 2011 04:59

boymacwerter
Listen guys! I've already seen them live with this line up, they are the greatest rock 'n' roll band in the world. I would never miss an opportunity to see them in any form but I tried to be accepting of this, which I thought was a colossal error in judgement, and have finally come to the undeniable conclusion that he was the wrong choice, everybody in the world hates him, he's an idiot and it would have been better (and more authentic) if Ronnie just took the lead vocals himself. If they had gone with Chris Robinson it would have been a truly unique and perfect musical experience that could have only been eclipsed by the presence of Rod himself, as it stand it amounts merely the best we are going to get at this time.

Dude he can sing his ass off.

Date: March 7, 2011 05:00

Brue
boymacwerter

Dude he can sing his ass off.

I mean, who cares how cool he is until he steps up to the mike?

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: March 9, 2011 14:32

I just checked the the ticket german ticket sales in Stuttgart. It seems to be that they sell very slow sad smiley

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: March 9, 2011 19:47

man i just hope they come to washington dc.. although i don't believe they will..demand in the US i'm sure will not be what they are looking for.. they could do 1500-2000 clubs here..maybe in ny and la they could do bigger.. but thats about it..

what they should do is get together with j geils band and do some shows this summer in arenas..

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 9, 2011 19:50

stoned in washington dc
man i just hope they come to washington dc.. although i don't believe they will..demand in the US i'm sure will not be what they are looking for.. they could do 1500-2000 clubs here..maybe in ny and la they could do bigger.. but thats about it..

what they should do is get together with j geils band and do some shows this summer in arenas..

from what mac tells me, a possible gig here in austin is the only thing they're discussing regarding US shows...and unlikely it would be at anywhere but a small venue....

Date: March 9, 2011 20:41

StonesTod
stoned in washington dc

from what mac tells me, a possible gig here in austin is the only thing they're discussing regarding US shows...and unlikely it would be at anywhere but a small venue....

You mean all this noise is for nothing? A couple of Euro gigs? Would think that they at least would make an effort to tour over here.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: March 9, 2011 20:44

i'm surprised they are doing as many gigs in europe as they are - mac had said it was gonna be just two or three in the uk. who knows? maybe this thing takes off and they wind up expanding the plans.

Date: March 9, 2011 21:25

I wish the guys all the best for their further plans. But it's hard to see that they're far away from a sold out gig in a 5000 seat arena, like the Porsche arena in Stuttgart.
It reminds me very strong on my Steve Miller experience last year in Duesseldorf, where he has played in front of 600 people in a 6000 seat arena.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: Keefy ()
Date: March 10, 2011 00:10

Brue
StonesTod
stoned in washington dc

You mean all this noise is for nothing? A couple of Euro gigs? Would think that they at least would make an effort to tour over here.

Im glad im In Austin..I think they would at least do a few US dates..Lets hope for Aug-Sept..Im Ready!!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 10, 2011 00:13

anywhere with a full list of tour dates?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: March 10, 2011 00:14

List of dates here:

[www.ianmclagan.com]

Date: March 23, 2011 14:35

A new gig's announced for this summer: 30 Jul 2011 Fuji Rock Festival

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 23, 2011 16:55

I've nicknamed them The Red Faced Pistols !!

Posted by: magee mineko ()
Date: March 23, 2011 17:12

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: March 23, 2011 17:44

I like the sentence after the Fuji gig on Macs gig list for The Faces. ''More to come''. Sounds promising. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: March 24, 2011 13:42

Mineko san,

A vivid illustration!

Send my best regards to Mac and Ronnie if you have a chance to meet them this summer.
People got the power!

From Tokyo suffering from bottled water shortage....sad smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678
Current Page: 8 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2205
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home