Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Anyone really think the "todger comment" ruined the chances for a 2011 tour ?
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:28

Doxa
pgarof
Marianne Faithfull joins Jagger penis debate

[www.independent.co.uk]

With all fairness, I think Marianne's comment is taken out of context - not originally here but from the article this article is constructed from. I think Marianne actually answers to the question if Keith's recollections over-all of her and of the scenes she was involved are accurate or not).

Anyway, thanks a @#$%&' lot, Keef! Happy now?

- Doxa

Indeed, I think he is very happy, can't stop laughing. He likes every second of it

Re: Anyone really think the "todger comment" ruined the chances for a 2011 tour ?
Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:37

Rocky Dijon
I don't really think it's as simple as this, but as to who would yell taunts when Mick's on stage is like saying who would shout out requests for "Josephine" when Ronnie's on stage. It happened to Ronnie and could easily happen to Mick. Also Letterman et al will have a field day with it. Wouldn't be surprised if there are jokes after the Grammys.

The Stones have become fodder for cheap shots because of their age, this just adds another dimension for potshots. To Keith the crack was probably just a variation on "Dogshit in the Doorway" or jibes at knighthood being a paltry honor, but he's missed the point that it's more personal this time and Mick is too easy a target as a public figure.

I'm not saying it killed the tour, but I do think it was unwise and I doubt it just rolled off Mick's back. While I believe Jane Rose did a tremendous amount of good for Keith, having an executive Mick fired manage him could not possibly have helped relations between them and may not be the best at reining him in when he feels like shooting off his mouth.

Good points. I am just very tired of hearing about these stupid comments and feel like we are getting a bit carried away. I like to think that for the most part, people who have read the book have not paid much attention to his cheap shots at Mick and have been able to see Keith for how he really is.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:37

Well, they're planning to tour in 2012 so I guess that 'todgergate' can't have done THAT much damage.

They're not close friends anyway and havent been for many years. Can't imagine it's caused any rift that's irrepairable.

Posted by: ChrisO ()
Date: February 10, 2011 18:51

I think its all for publicity. I think their closer than brothers and who knows, Mick may have told him to print it!
I'm sure "most women" already know the truth anyway !

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:01

Doxa
sweetcharmedlife
ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.
I agree. We should have a moratorium on tour threads and todger threads....Oh wait,then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.confused smiley

You don't think a guy named Keith Richards is not at all responsible to the bloody fact that Mick Jagger has a small penis being about the only thing that seems to interest the media as far as The Rolling Stones is concerned? I don't think it's our stupidity here at IORR that is the problem here. We just try to reflect what is going on. We are the last ones in a food chain, so to say.

- Doxa
I don't think it's the only thing the media is interested in. Yes,it makes for nice tabloid fodder and immediatley picked up on and posted here. But it's not quite the lead story on the nightly news every day.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:15

sweetcharmedlife
Doxa
sweetcharmedlife
ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.
I agree. We should have a moratorium on tour threads and todger threads....Oh wait,then we wouldn't have anything to talk about.confused smiley

You don't think a guy named Keith Richards is not at all responsible to the bloody fact that Mick Jagger has a small penis being about the only thing that seems to interest the media as far as The Rolling Stones is concerned? I don't think it's our stupidity here at IORR that is the problem here. We just try to reflect what is going on. We are the last ones in a food chain, so to say.

- Doxa
I don't think it's the only thing the media is interested in. Yes,it makes for nice tabloid fodder and immediatley picked up on and posted here. But it's not quite the lead story on the nightly news every day.
but it seems like it's the lead story on this messageboard every day. therefore, yes, we are stupid. we keep talking about mick's penis. we keep psychoanalyzing mick and keith's relationship because of mick's penis. we have made this a bigger issue (no pun intended) than it is. we are thinking too much. for example, mick jagger solo at the grammys? that must mean he and keith aren't friends anymore! must be because of keith's book! blah blah blah. we are writing too much. we need to chill out. 10 years from now we will all look back at this time and realize how @#$%& stupid it all was and how much time we wasted talking about it and writing essays about it on this messageboard.

Date: February 10, 2011 19:20

ineedadrink
sweetcharmedlife
Doxa
sweetcharmedlife
ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.

- Doxa
but it seems like it's the lead story on this messageboard every day. therefore, yes, we are stupid. we keep talking about mick's penis. we keep psychoanalyzing mick and keith's relationship because of mick's penis. we have made this a bigger issue (no pun intended) than it is. we are thinking too much. for example, mick jagger solo at the grammys? that must mean he and keith aren't friends anymore! must be because of keith's book! blah blah blah. we are writing too much. we need to chill out. 10 years from now we will all look back at this time and realize how @#$%& stupid it all was and how much time we wasted talking about it and writing essays about it on this messageboard.
I'm sorry. You need to be banned immediatley. Logic,reasoning and common sense have absolutely no place on an internet messageboard.winking smiley

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:22

haha. my apologies, sweetcharmedlife. i'm a dick winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:29

ineedadrink
sweetcharmedlife
Doxa
sweetcharmedlife
ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.

- Doxa

I can see your point but writing to message board is wasting time in any case unless you don't enjoy doing it. I don't spend any second here if I don't like it. It's fun, that's all. Topics come and topics go. Nothing more serious than that. You need to chill out.

- Doxa

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 10, 2011 19:34

Doxa
ineedadrink
sweetcharmedlife
Doxa
sweetcharmedlife
ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.

- Doxa

I can see your point but writing to message board is wasting time in any case unless you don't enjoy doing it. I don't spend any second here if I don't like it. It's fun, that's all. Topics come and topics go. Nothing more serious than that. You need to chill out.

- Doxa

or perhaps really does need that drink....

Date: February 10, 2011 19:45

StonesTod
Doxa
ineedadrink
sweetcharmedlife
Doxa
sweetcharmedlife
ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.

- Doxa

- Doxa

or perhaps really does need that drink....

Well, a drink or two won't ever do anything bad to anyone (don't tell that to Ronnie, though...)

"Honey, why you are making yourself a drink again?"
"That bloody Doxa is writing one of those tiresome, endless novels again..."

- Doxa

Date: February 10, 2011 19:52

Doxa
ineedadrink
sweetcharmedlife
Doxa
sweetcharmedlife
ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.

- Doxa

- Doxa
We're all just chilling out and having fun Doxa. Nobody's curing cancer on here.

Date: February 10, 2011 19:54

sweetcharmedlife
Doxa
ineedadrink
sweetcharmedlife
Doxa
sweetcharmedlife
ineedadrink
this is all very stupid.

- Doxa

- Doxa
We're all just chilling out and having fun Doxa. Nobody's curing cancer on here.

Yes we do! smileys with beer

- Doxa

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 10, 2011 21:55

Ahh glasshopper...old Chinese ploverb say...Better to have tiny todger than be complete dick..........

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 10, 2011 22:38

proudmary
Marianne Faithfull joins Jagger penis debate
[www.independent.co.uk]
Marianne Faithfull says rumours of Sir Mick Jagger having a small penis are "nearly" true.
The Rolling Stones frontman has been plagued by claims he has a less than impressive manhood - with bandmate Keith Richards recently saying his ex-girlfriend Marianne had "no fun with his tiny todger" - and now the 64-year-old actress has voiced her opinion on the matter.
When asked if Keith's comments were accurate, Marianne - who dated the singer from 1966 to 1970 - said: "Not quite, but nearly."
Yesterday it was claimed the band's latest tour was in jeopardy as Mick is still angry with Keith' comments in his autobiography 'Life' and a subsequent interview.
A source said: "Mick read Keith's book before publication and didn't have any great problem with it.
"It was the fact that it was all dredged up in the interview afterwards that really upset him. Many believe this is the real reason why talks in relation to the tour have broken down."
Although Marianne seemed reasonably satisfied with Mick as a lover, one issue she isn't happy with is the credit she has been given in helping make the band a success.
She believes she deserves more recognition and money for her inspirational input and claims 'Satisfaction' singer Mick has a problem with sharing.
When asked if the 67-year-old rocker was selfish by Classic Rock magazine, Marianne said: "No comment. But it would be unrealistic to expect him to share. He isn't like that."

More about this here [www.iorr.org]

Come on, this topic has been discussed in British press for 4 months already. No matter how much Mick's skin is thick, it's hard not to pay attention to it. I don't know what the reasons for Stones not touring in 2011 but I feel very uncomfortable with this situation. I mean there is no much choices for Mick - it doesn't matter what he'd do, he would look ridiculious anyway.
What a beautiful revenge on Keith's part!

Look ridiculous? Could it be that he is a lot more secure within himself than you imagine him to be? After all he is going to be performing in front of millions Sunday night at the Grammys.

Date: February 10, 2011 22:55

elunsi
maybe it´s Keith´s way of making an end, or of telling Mick that he does not want anymore. If it is the end, he can blame it all on Mick.

This is a very interesting observation. Have to admit it has crossed my mind that maybe Keith is looking for a way out because he can no longer perform at an acceptable level. By hurling insults at Mick he forces Mick to shut things down while the real reason is that he can no longer get the job done and is to proud to admit that he just can't play anymore. Mick ends up getting the blame because he is perceived as too thin skinned or something along those lines while Keith is spared the embarrassment of causing the break up of the band because he can't perform anymore? Anything is possible.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 10, 2011 23:35

stonescrow
elunsi
maybe it´s Keith´s way of making an end, or of telling Mick that he does not want anymore. If it is the end, he can blame it all on Mick.

This is a very interesting observation. Have to admit it has crossed my mind that maybe Keith is looking for a way out because he can no longer perform at an acceptable level. By hurling insults at Mick he forces Mick to shut things down while the real reason is that he can no longer get the job done and is to proud to admit that he just can't play anymore. Mick ends up getting the blame because he is perceived as too thin skinned or something along those lines while Keith is spared the embarrassment of causing the break up of the band because he can't perform anymore? Anything is possible.

I've been thinking about it too. Like you said anything is possible

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: February 10, 2011 23:45

Who knows? It's not that he would have the maturity to admit to the truth. The Stones (mainly Keith and Bill) and related people (Marianne, Anita, Andrew Loog Oldham), with their little cliques, bitchy gossip, petty insults and constant whining, seem to live in some high-school from hell.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: February 11, 2011 01:39

proudmary
stonescrow
elunsi

I've been thinking about it too. Like you said anything is possible
Me too. The more I think about it, the more it seems possible.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: February 11, 2011 02:13

That's so passive-aggressive! As they say.

I wish we could hear something about the tour.

Date: February 11, 2011 02:14

ChrisO
I think its all for publicity. I think their closer than brothers and who knows, Mick may have told him to print it!
I'm sure "most women" already know the truth anyway !

Very interesting. This has also crossed my mind that Mick may have actually authorized it. Did he not read the book before it was released? Why would he not raise an objection to it then? Could it be that Mick has secretly wanted to pose nude for a "girly" magazine for sometime and sees this as an open door to that end? He certainly must have anticipated that something like this was going to cause the furor that it has. Last year it was Ronnie who couldn't keep himself out of the headlines, now this. I have been saying for a long time that much of what they do is scripted, but this takes the cake, if true.

Date: February 11, 2011 02:38

angee
No, I don't think so.

Not after all these two have been through.
I thought Keith was quite complimentary in the interviews, on the whole.

If Mick read the book beforehand (pre-read, Doxa, same deal), he
knew everything, and if he was going to be upset, most likely
would have shown it then. He knew the book would be
a best seller, and that Keith would have a book tour.

Yes, and I do recall seeing an interview where Keith said it was just a joke that dated back thirty some years.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 11, 2011 02:52

The fact that Mick, obviously, has a rather small penis isn't exactly the latest news. Men have penises with different sizes, Mick's is on the smaller side. But it's normal, it isn't a micropenis. I'm sure he can cope with this. Keith is a jerk though, who goes on about this. Talk is cheap, as he used to say.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: February 11, 2011 03:19

London, 1968.

Anita Pallenberg: (banging on bathroom door) "Keith! C'mon, unlock the door! I'm so sorry."

Keith Richards: (inside the bathroom, sobbing) "Leave me alone, I hate you!"

Anita: "Please come back to bed, honey. Let's talk about this."

Keith: "I can't believe it, of all people, you were with HIM?"

Anita: "I told you, I'm an actress - I was only acting".

Keith: "Ha! That's not what I heard! They say you kept going even after the scene ended!"

Anita: "We just missed the cue, that's all - I swear! C'mon sweetie, it's you I love, not HIM".

Keith: (opening the door a crack) "It's just that I love you and it hurts so much."

Anita: "I know, baby, but it's you I love. Only you. I never really loved Brian, and I hate Mick."

Keith: (opening the bathroom door, wiping tears away) "Really? You're just saying that".

Anita: (her arms around Keith) "Really. Mick isn't that great anyway. You're much better."

Keith: (regaining some composure) "Really, I'm better?"

Anita: (stroking Keith's hair) "You are sooo much better."

Keith: "Tell me again".

Anita: "A matter of fact, you're even bigger than him. He's really quite small."

Keith: (with swagger) "Ha! Is that right? I had a feeling. Yeah, that makes sense. Ha!"

Anita: " Yeah, no fun. None at all. Really. No fun at all."

Keith: (muttering to himself) "Yeah, I knew it. I'm the one...."

Anita: "Ok, do you feel better now? I'm tired and we have a long day on the set tomorrow."

Keith: "Yeah, I guess so. I'm sorry. It's just that-"

Anita: "I know, just put it out of you're mind"

Keith: "You're telling the truth, right?"

Anita: "Of course, Keith. Would I lie to you?"

winking smiley

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: February 11, 2011 03:23

I think it imPROVED the chances of SNL doing a new Mick and Keith skit, and of Mick getting laid even MORE (like he needs that!). Now the women who DON'T know will feel like they have to find out! LOL (alright--just kidding....)

Can we talk about the 4 toes now???

Date: February 11, 2011 03:32

HerMajestyBrenda
London, 1968.

Anita Pallenberg: (banging on bathroom door) "Keith! C'mon, unlock the door! I'm so sorry."

Keith: "Ha! That's not what I heard! They say you kept going even after the scene ended!"

Anita: "We just missed the cue, that's all - I swear! C'mon sweetie, it's you I love, not HIM".

Keith: (opening the door a crack) "It's just that I love you and it hurts so much."

Anita: "I know, baby, but it's you I love. Only you. I never really loved Brian, and I hate Mick."

Keith: (opening the bathroom door, wiping tears away) "Really? You're just saying that".

Anita: (her arms around Keith) "Really. Mick isn't that great anyway. You're much better."

Anita: "A matter of fact, you're even bigger than him. He's really quite small."

Keith: (with swagger) "Ha! Is that right? I had a feeling. Yeah, that makes sense. Ha!"

Anita: "Ok, do you feel better now? I'm tired and we have a long day on the set tomorrow."

winking smiley

Brilliant!

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: February 11, 2011 03:41

stonescrow
HerMajestyBrenda
London, 1968.

winking smiley

Brilliant!

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 11, 2011 04:45

of course it affected the tour, how would you feel if your mate told pretty much the whole world that you have a small dick? would you go pat him on the back and say thanks and then have to listen to all the leno and letterman jokes not to mention howard stern , its a disgrace that keith sunk to that level IMO

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 11, 2011 05:08

I was thinking about this: Maybe Keith's personality has changed due to to the brain-injury or the big amount of drug-taking through the years? It looks as he's gotten meaner.

Date: February 11, 2011 05:17

Stoneage
I was thinking about this: Maybe Keith's personality has changed due to to the brain-injury or the big amount of drug-taking through the years? It looks as he's gotten meaner.

Old age brings out the Walt Kolowski (Clint Eastwood's character in the movie Gran Torino) in all of us old farts! Sometimes I just growl instead of speak!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1591
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home