Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Anyone really think the "todger comment" ruined the chances for a 2011 tour ?
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 11, 2011 05:26

melillo
of course it affected the tour, how would you feel if your mate told pretty much the whole world that you have a small dick? would you go pat him on the back and say thanks and then have to listen to all the leno and letterman jokes not to mention howard stern , its a disgrace that keith sunk to that level IMO

I sure hope there is some reasonable explanation for the remark. He seemed to imply in an interview that it was some sort of joke between the two of them that dates back thirty or so years. I guess we are going to find out soon enough, because if they don't tour at the latest by the summer of 2012 then we will have no alternative but to assume that the remark was the main contributor to their break up.

Re: Anyone really think the "todger comment" ruined the chances for a 2011 tour ?
Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 11, 2011 05:32

It is time for Mick to grow a pair of balls and stop being petty,and small, uh, small-minded about the tiny todger comment and let The Stones roll on tour again!

Mick, just , forget it will'ya? We know Keith acts like he was hit on the head sometimes, perhaps, with a coconut. Have the stones to forgive Keith; he was dropped on his head, out of a tree, ya' know.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: February 11, 2011 05:58

deadegad
It is time for Mick to grow a pair of balls and stop being petty,and small, uh, small-minded about the tiny todger comment and let The Stones roll on tour again!

Mick, just , forget it will'ya? We know Keith acts like he was hit on the head sometimes, perhaps, with a coconut. Have the stones to forgive Keith; he was dropped on his head, out of a tree, ya' know.

I was thinking it would be kind of cool if Mick "made light" of the todger remark at the Grammys. Not sure he would go there but it would really show the world that he isn't the least bit fazed by the remark.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 11, 2011 08:10

stonescrow
deadegad

I was thinking it would be kind of cool if Mick "made light" of the todger remark at the Grammys. Not sure he would go there but it would really show the world that he isn't the least bit fazed by the remark.

If it really is a factor, let it go. Enough already! It's not like Mick had trouble getting laid! And Keith? It's not like Keith is not a 'target rich' environment for humor! Show a little self-deprecating humor and then fire a good broadside at ol'Keef!

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: February 11, 2011 08:46

stonescrow

Let's get real. Most of the world that will be watching the Grammys probably wouldn't even know what Mick was talking about. That's not really the place for it.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 11, 2011 11:03

LOL HerMajestyBrenda, very funny

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 11, 2011 11:05

stonescrow
if they don't tour at the latest by the summer of 2012 then we will have no alternative but to assume that the remark was the main contributor to their break up.

smiling smiley Ha, this is even funnier

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 11, 2011 13:10

Proudmary>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marianne Faithfull says rumours of Sir Mick Jagger having a small penis are "nearly" true.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<..............yeah but you forgot the rest of the quote....."but he's got a tongue like a @$%&ing lizard and when those lips lock on it's like the spaceshuttle docking with the international space station"...seriously, I saw Marrianne Faithful being interviewed a few years ago and when asked about Mick she said he left the insides of her thighs soaking wet and then realising what she'd said had to divert the interviewer because she was getting a bit flustered at the memory of it...........so maybe that's what Keith's pissed at...nothing to do with knighthoods or singing scales....he's got a bigger one than Mick and yet still Mick still slaughters him in the getting laid stakes..........ahh ..the affairs of men.................

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 11, 2011 13:47

EddieByword
Proudmary>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marianne Faithfull says rumours of Sir Mick Jagger having a small penis are "nearly" true.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<..............yeah but you forgot the rest of the quote....."but he's got a tongue like a @$%&ing lizard and when those lips lock on it's like the spaceshuttle docking with the international space station"...seriously, I saw Marrianne Faithful being interviewed a few years ago and when asked about Mick she said he left the insides of her thighs soaking wet and then realising what she'd said had to divert the interviewer because she was getting a bit flustered at the memory of it...........so maybe that's what Keith's pissed at...nothing to do with knighthoods or singing scales....he's got a bigger one than Mick and yet still Mick still slaughters him in the getting laid stakes..........ahh ..the affairs of men.................

My thoughts into words,Eddie.

I am sure that Marianne faithful was a "nurk" -I don't know the right translation in English but I am sure you will get the picture ,a borrowing from the langage of sexual intercourse ) what we call in French a "peine -à-jouir" and that she put the fault on Jagger when saying "nearly true " .

"but it doesn't quite fill the gap."
Wow ! that's what I call a classy remark .Keith couldn't be more lame .

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

LONDON — Keith Richards says the Rolling Stones almost imploded because Mick Jagger thought he was "bigger than the Stones."

The pair's stormy relationship is described in Richards' memoir "Life," published next week.

Richards told the BBC on Sunday that during the 1980s, Jagger took control of the band and would not relinquish it. He said Jagger's behavior "started at first to annoy me and then slowly enraged me."

But he said the pair are still friends, half a century after they bonded over a love of American blues music. He said that "nobody has the perfect marriage" but they had healed the wounds of the past.

The 66-year-old guitarist also said heroin and other drugs had helped him cope with fame. He said that "fame is probably a bigger killer than drugs in my game."

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 14:25 by SwayStones.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: February 11, 2011 14:44

Going on tour this year would have meant that Keith would have kept promoting/talking about his book while touring with the Stones.May be Mick doesn't want to be put in that situation.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 11, 2011 14:48

SwayStones
EddieByword

My thoughts into words,Eddie.

I am sure that Marianne faithful was a "nurk" -I don't know the right translation in English but I am sure you will get the picture ,a borrowing from the langage of sexual intercourse ) what we call in French a "peine -à-jouir" and that she put the fault on Jagger when saying "nearly true " .

"but it doesn't quite fill the gap."
Wow ! that's what I call a classy remark .Keith couldn't be more lame .

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

LONDON — Keith Richards says the Rolling Stones almost imploded because Mick Jagger thought he was "bigger than the Stones."

The pair's stormy relationship is described in Richards' memoir "Life," published next week.

Richards told the BBC on Sunday that during the 1980s, Jagger took control of the band and would not relinquish it. He said Jagger's behavior "started at first to annoy me and then slowly enraged me."

But he said the pair are still friends, half a century after they bonded over a love of American blues music. He said that "nobody has the perfect marriage" but they had healed the wounds of the past.

The 66-year-old guitarist also said heroin and other drugs had helped him cope with fame. He said that "fame is probably a bigger killer than drugs in my game."
I wasn't sure of your meaning so I googled 'peine -à-jouir' and it came back with 'barely orgasmic/not responsive which is self explanatory or 'punishment to enjoy'...that translates here as masochism...I'm guessing your'e not saying she's a masochist, maybe you meant she doesn't know what she wants herself or frigid ?............I got the feeling that given what she said in the interview I saw and what she's saying now..I get the feeling she may have an axe to grind regarding her 'lack of credits' for past 'help'............

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 15:03 by EddieByword.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 11, 2011 15:11

tour happens in 2012.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 11, 2011 15:11

I think its down to timing. Keith could have said this in 1985 and it wouldve suited their image. I dont think Marianne comes off bad, she's clearly just answering a stupid question but given the way Mick (and Keith) probably have treated people like her in the past I think she's been very loyal.
Not moralizing, I think Micks's talented, or was talented and wise in his decisions up until maybe 1983. He's probably not that horrible compared to succesful business men/women. Maybe he has a huge d-ck when it comes to power, women and money. A thick skinned even self aware star with a huge libido. And libido is what counts.

It's almost like a little kingdom with Sir Mick still being surrounded by people he left behind eons ago.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 11, 2011 18:00

guitarist Keith Richards may have confirmed Stones' tour plans for 2012 in a new interview with Britain's Classic Rock magazine. Asked about his relationship with Mick Jagger after the publication of his autobiography "Life," Richards said that, "We're looking forward to going on tour together next June. Does that answer your question?"

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 11, 2011 18:06

Next June comes up in 2011.Sounds good.>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 11, 2011 18:22

stonescrow
deadegad

He'll be singing. Nothing else.

The only way he could make light of it would be to perform wearing a strap-on dildo.

Date: February 11, 2011 18:24

ineedadrink
guitarist Keith Richards may have confirmed Stones' tour plans for 2012 in a new interview with Britain's Classic Rock magazine. Asked about his relationship with Mick Jagger after the publication of his autobiography "Life," Richards said that, "We're looking forward to going on tour together next June. Does that answer your question?"

Thats an old interview which was done before the band met at the end of last year.

Its pretty safe to say that they wont be touring in June.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:11

bustedtrousers
stonescrow

Let's get real. Most of the world that will be watching the Grammys probably wouldn't even know what Mick was talking about. That's not really the place for it.

This is real: not many people watch these piece of shit shows anymore. It seems, however, that older women that are married love to watch these kind of shows. It's like their Super Bowl only much worse - the shitty entertainment is even more so than what the BEP did, which is saying a lot.

But that is accurate - almost everyone would have not one iota of a clue as to what the hell it would be about. Keith's LIFE was not exactly a huge success...

Date: February 11, 2011 19:18

skipstone
bustedtrousers
stonescrow

This is real: not many people watch these piece of shit shows anymore. It seems, however, that older women that are married love to watch these kind of shows. It's like their Super Bowl only much worse - the shitty entertainment is even more so than what the BEP did, which is saying a lot.

But that is accurate - almost everyone would have not one iota of a clue as to what the hell it would be about. Keith's LIFE was not exactly a huge success...

It was a best seller. Certainly was over here. A success most definitely - but maybe not in the same stratosphere as that inhabited by the audience you're referring to.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 11, 2011 19:25

Maybe they will hire Ricky Gervais to work the show, I'm sure he will fit some comments into the monologue.

I wonder if the camera will panning low on Mick?

Date: February 11, 2011 19:28

I was referring to big selling authors that are always in the Top 20 for weeks and even months in the United States. It was a Top 20 selling book, peaking at #3 in the States, but it's since dropped way down on the book charts.

Date: February 11, 2011 21:03

You can always tell a book is past it's sell by date.When you see it in the pound shops and 99p shops in U.K. Bought Ian Botham bio for 99p and seen Bonos' bio,Madonnas' bio and a few other so called celebs storys,the same price.If Keiths' is sold in those stores within the next year, you know The Stones are not as popular as we/they think. smoking smileyeye rolling smileysmoking smiley

Date: February 11, 2011 21:08

Think Keith's book would've sold better if it didn't have such a shit title? Ha ha.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: February 11, 2011 21:42

nope. lousy global economy. mick from the london school of economics. say any more?

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: February 11, 2011 21:50

skipstone
I was referring to big selling authors that are always in the Top 20 for weeks and even months in the United States. It was a Top 20 selling book, peaking at #3 in the States, but it's since dropped way down on the book charts.

As of last Sunday (Feb 6th) "Life" was still number nine (9) on the New York Times Best Seller List after 15 weeks on that list. Not exactly "way down".

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 11, 2011 21:58

EddieByword

<<I wasn't sure of your meaning so I googled 'peine -à-jouir' and it came back with 'barely orgasmic/not responsive which is self explanatory or 'punishment to enjoy'...that translates here as masochism...I'm guessing your'e not saying she's a masochist, maybe you meant she doesn't know what she wants herself or frigid ?............<<

Google is the worst ennemy for a good tranlation cool smiley
But you got me well .I didn't mean to say she is a masochist lol .
Something similar to my translation could be : she "didn't come in colors "but obviously,it wasn't Jagger's fault .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 22:01 by SwayStones.

Date: February 11, 2011 22:04

As an English guy,your translation from your thoughts in French to translation to English is always very good Sway Stones. thumbs up

Date: February 11, 2011 22:20

Anyone know why Elton John is getting on the todger bandwagon?????? Actually I do know after a minute thinking about it..........He hates Keith with a vengeance.Didn't think about it before I posted.Any topical entertainment or adoption story lately he just gets in there to publicise himself.He just likes to see his name in the press so he doesn't get forgotten I guess.Sad but true. confused smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-11 23:31 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: February 11, 2011 22:22

skipstone
Think Keith's book would've sold better if it didn't have such a shit title? Ha ha.

Laughing at your own jokes is kind of like playing with yourself.

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: February 11, 2011 22:23

I do i'm afraid.

Keith was(is) a very smart guy there is no way he could be that dumb to think this would not hurt. In the past he has made observations like Brian was always trying to outdo the frontman but we were always there to support him(mick) if he missed a beat or a lyric we are there to catch the fall. the old Keith was always smart and totally on the ball and I admired him very much.

Now he has said in print Mick has a small todger. No matter what anyone says this autobiograph will be there when all the stones are long gone. Imagine how Mick must feel this could be his legacy....remember marianne and the mars bar hard to shake off.

so two things... either deep down Keith knew this would be the final insult that would end it or he is a drunken dumb old man. Or Mick was waiting for the final excuse to end it. lets admit it Mick tried to show Keith he needed to take it more serious by leaving shine a light musically unedited hoping he would get a shock but it didn't work.

half of me hopes they tour again as I love them to bits the other half hopes that enough is enough don't destroy the legacy anymore and that is mainly down to keith playing solos like my 3 year old son plays

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home