Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Nice interview with Marianne, with great Stones content
Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: February 2, 2011 19:47

It's from .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-02 20:15 by JJackFl.

Re: Nice interview with Marianne, with great Stones content
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 2, 2011 23:51

Thanks for posting but jesis christ that woman seems to endlessly milk out that 60's thing (when she was such a darling of rock and roll scene) and especially her relationship to Jagger. So now she demands money and credit for giving Mick a book which inspired him to write a rock anthem, or that she is the subject of some of their songs, such as "Dear Doctor". Never hear that "muses" should be paid. Seemingly Keith's book has helped to Marianne to discover her old Mick-antipathy, and she willingly jumps into Keith's wagon. And of course, "tiny todger" (thanks again, Keith, for bringing up the subject). Bloody hell, she sounds such a small person. She and her "secrets" to share. "Class" indeed.

I like her music but as a person I think she never really survived the 60's and her momentum of fame.

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-02 23:56 by Doxa.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: February 3, 2011 00:26

Doxa
Thanks for posting but jesis christ that woman seems to endlessly milk out that 60's thing (when she was such a darling of rock and roll scene) and especially her relationship to Jagger. So now she demands money and credit for giving Mick a book which inspired him to write a rock anthem, or that she is the subject of some of their songs, such as "Dear Doctor". Never hear that "muses" should be paid. Seemingly Keith's book has helped to Marianne to discover her old Mick-antipathy, and she willingly jumps into Keith's wagon. And of course, "tiny todger" (thanks again, Keith, for bringing up the subject). Bloody hell, she sounds such a small person. She and her "secrets" to share. "Class" indeed.

I like her music but as a person I think she never really survived the 60's and her momentum of fame.

- Doxa

So Mick nearly has a Tiny Todger..?
I agree Doxa. She was no more a muse than Chrissie, Bianca or Jerry Hall were....
In fact, I believe Chrissie was the unsung catalyst to all those great early Jagger lyrics....
Some would argue that Jagger was at his peak as an artist when he was with Marianne...but most artists are at the peak of their powers in the first flush of self-discovery...so that's a moot point.
Marianne has always struck me as self-absorbed and with a tendency toward melodrama in her constant retelling of things she claims to not want to retell..
Yes, she was, is, a darling of a certain 'rock crowd' - I think that has alot to do with men who wanted to @#$%& her back then and woman who romanticize her story.
I can appreciate her music, but she can come across as slightly flighty.

She seems to be bitchy about the fact that she was not credited for certain songs...did she actually take a guitar and write them? Did she perhaps throw in some lines? I'm sure Jagger's other women have thrown in a few lines as well....so what? That's what artists do, they're influenced by what surrounds them.
There is an article about Bianca, in a Spanish magazine, and while Bianca stays off the topic of Mick, the interviewee asks her what it was like to be a "muse"..
According to the author, Bianca looked down, smiled shyly, blushed..and changed the subject.
That's what a real "muse" should do........be flattered and take it in stride.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-03 00:43 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 3, 2011 00:41

Let's be honest were it not for her fabulous tits and beautiful face she would not have got anywhere in the 60's, her voice had little to do with her minimal success back then.

The stones connection kinda hindered, but eventually aided her career. Without it I don't think anyone would care that much about her music or what she has to say.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 3, 2011 00:43

Doxa

- Doxa

I totally agreee with you, Doxa. Marianne is definitely "Not Dame material" like Mick had put it once. Funny, she still craves Mick's frendship and this after all the dirt she had been pouring on him all these years.
As for "tiny todger" I don't think she really commented it. I remember one interview of hers where she said than once German journalist asked her about the size of Jagger's penis. After that she broke into tears and felt like going to shower. I suppouse her words were taken out of context, she must have ment something else.
BTW, I've just read another interview with her on German( sHE WAS IN gERMANY PROMOTING A NEW ALBUM) where she said that it took her 30 years to live with the fact of Jagger leaving her.And it's only now that she can speak about it without bitterness. So, not quite

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: February 3, 2011 00:49

Any chance Marianne was given to stick the needle to Jagger over the years she has taken. Mick, on the other hand, has taken the high road. During her cancer scare he called her to check on her condition.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 3, 2011 00:50

Geeeez somewhere there's an interview with Anita where she
says she helped write Ya Can't Alway Get What Ya Want ....who do we believe??

ROCKMAN

Date: February 3, 2011 00:55

Rockman
Geeeez somewhere there's an interview with Anita where she
says she helped write Ya Can't Alway Get What Ya Want ....who do we believe??

Anita says that happened during their visit to Brazil etc in December 1968 - January 1969.

There's the slight problem of them recording it in November, playing it live in December 1968 before they even left for that visit though. grinning smiley

Date: February 3, 2011 00:55

proudmary

I totally agreee with you, Doxa. Marianne is definitely "Not Dame material" like Mick had put it once. Funny, she still craves Mick's frendship and this after all the dirt she had been pouring on him all these years.
As for "tiny todger" I don't think she really commented it. I remember one interview of hers where she said than once German journalist asked her about the size of Jagger's penis. After that she broke into tears and felt like going to shower. I suppouse her words were taken out of context, she must have ment something else.
BTW, I've just read another interview with her on German( sHE WAS IN gERMANY PROMOTING A NEW ALBUM) where she said that it took her 30 years to live with the fact of Jagger leaving her.And it's only now that she can speak about it without bitterness. So, not quite

She keeps changing her POV about Jagger. She's alot like Anita...their version of events keep changing all the time. The drugs must have clouded alot for these two....

Date: February 3, 2011 01:04

Whenever I read interviews with Anita, Marianne, and Keith (and I love him dearly), it just makes me realize how drugs, drug addiction, can blur reality and memories. Most of us know people who have struggled with substance abuse, and what they all have in common, is a version of the truth that is totally disconnected from everyone else and everyone else' experiences of the same events.
It all seems to revolve around them, and what others did to them.
They never seem to remember that they were not really there.

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: February 3, 2011 01:09

Date: February 3, 2011 01:11

JJackFl

Yeah, and that's the misguided idolatry Im talking about.....
It's all about romanticized decadance.....

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: February 3, 2011 01:12

There is quote from German magazine, same topic, same words - almost. I still think when she said "not quite, but nearly" she didn't talk about Mick's manhood

FOCUS Online: Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards said in his autobiography, "Life" the anecdote that the only time that you and he lay in bed, surprising Mick Jagger came home and he had to leave the bedroom in a hurry. How did you feel when you read that?

Faithfull: I love Keith! I also like his book. The story is not quite right, but it does not matter. It is Keith's truth. I will not argue with him about it. I also think that for me it's good to be in the book. Because it shows the people that I was lifted protected and secure.

FOCUS Online: Did you have a late conversation with Mick Jagger face?

Faithfull: No, fortunately not! I get on well with Mick clear. We have a lot of respect for each other. We often see but no more. I meet Keith more often than him.

FOCUS Online: Is Mick Jagger a good kisser?

Faithfull: That's almost 50 years ago! I can only dimly remember. But yes, I am sure he is. Experience he already had enough.

"To forget Mick Jagger, it took me about 30 years,For the first ten years, I'm not hurt when I think of Mick. Suddenly, all the rest of these feelings away," added Faithfull.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 3, 2011 01:21

His Majesty
Let's be honest were it not for her fabulous tits and beautiful face she would not have got anywhere in the 60's, her voice had little to do with her minimal success back then.

I'm reading the famous 1968 Hunter Davies book THE BEATLES, and George Harrison tells Davies he's writing a song for Marianne but has to make it match her limited vocal range.

Date: February 3, 2011 01:32

proudmary
FOCUS Online: Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards said in his autobiography, "Life" the anecdote that the only time that you and he lay in bed, surprising Mick Jagger came home and he had to leave the bedroom in a hurry. How did you feel when you read that?

Faithfull: I love Keith! I also like his book. The story is not quite right, but it does not matter. It is Keith's truth.

In other words it's nonsense! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-03 01:57 by His Majesty.

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: February 3, 2011 01:48

JJackFl

Embarrasing.

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: February 3, 2011 02:03

According to the interview, she seems to be convinced of the Rock&Roll Circus theory as the cause of Jim Morrison's death. I think that has been investigated too little; probably partly because many people don't speak French.

Posted by: nkt44 ()
Date: February 3, 2011 02:21

God. What a thoroughly despicable person!

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 3, 2011 12:10

she claims Charlie lives in Paris...hmmm...thats news isn't it? first I've heard of'ley-line hunting' as a pastime...

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: February 3, 2011 12:54

Marianne
We really must talk about my album, darling, or I'll get into trouble.

Yeah, always nice to trust a reporter to show any interest in your music.
"Ah yes, you have a new album out, now, let's talk about mars bars".
Don't you sometimes just hate how journalists are focussed on the wrong things?

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: February 3, 2011 12:58

Not much love for Marianne here...?
I don´t know her as a person, but as we all know from Keith´s Life, drugs are no good for anybody or their personality...

Anyway, apart from Sister Morphine she´s made some great albums, especially Broken English (1979), Blazing Away (1990) and Before The Poison (2005).grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-03 13:29 by rootsman.

Date: February 3, 2011 13:35

marcovandereijk
Marianne
We really must talk about my album, darling, or I'll get into trouble.

Yeah, always nice to trust a reporter to show any interest in your music.
"Ah yes, you have a new album out, now, let's talk about mars bars".
Don't you sometimes just hate how journalists are focussed on the wrong things?

True, but for example, Bianca Jagger has no problem with it. It is too easy to blame solely the journalists for that. Ms. Faithfull probably knows that if she will get any space she needs to talk about mars bars and Jagger. And she does. I think she does that way too willingly, actually.

- Doxa

Posted by: tay66 ()
Date: February 3, 2011 14:00

interesting that Marianne sounds like Brian now

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 3, 2011 14:17

His Majesty
proudmary

Faithfull: I love Keith! I also like his book. The story is not quite right, but it does not matter. It is Keith's truth.

I knew it.

Date: February 3, 2011 17:27

Redhotcarpet
His Majesty
proudmary

I knew it.

Me too. To my ears it sounds like Marianne, Keith and Anita have some kind of odd loyalty to each other - something probably to do with junkie business - and Mick is like a traitor or an outsider to them. I think all of those people - Marianne, Keith & Anita - are somehow stuck to the past to their personal golden age, and Mick somehow broke himself free out of that life in the early 70's, and he hasn't been any kind of nostalgic to those days. We Stones fans learned to hate Mick the social climber and jets set boy - which was much to do with Bianca - but I think Jagger actually was the smart guy there while the others quite pathetically continued the habits they learned in the late 60's and stick in that. Mick saved Keith's ass, but both Anita and Marianne sound like "victims" of their own life style. Marianne's musical career is, in fact, nothing but anti-thesis to all the glamour he once reprsented so well, and without her past and "life experiences" her music - and her limitations as a singer - wouldn't really signify anything. Speaking anything of past-Keith Anita is wasting time.

The result is that no matter what those three say they somehow cover up each others' asses. They are "friends". A banal lie is "Keith's truth", etc. What they have common is a common enemy and target who is Mick Jagger.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-03 17:28 by Doxa.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 3, 2011 17:31

"I still see Charlie Watts because he lives in Paris"
!!??

And yeah she's about as (dis)honest as the Glimmer Twins, constantly manipulating other musicians into giving her something : in 1997 during an interview she was talking James Hetfield into writing an album for her. "Please James will you do that for me?"

Gimmegimmegimme...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-03 17:46 by dcba.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: February 3, 2011 17:32

you guys realize that you don't actually KNOW Marianne, Mick, Keith or anyone, right? you may have read lots of books and articles, but you truly don't know them.

Date: February 3, 2011 17:44

ineedadrink
you guys realize that you don't actually KNOW Marianne, Mick, Keith or anyone, right? you may have read lots of books and articles, but you truly don't know them.

Based from those sources you mentioned, gladly not! I don't think this should be taken too personal. These are public figures who give interviews, publish autobiographies, etc. so I take them, and their words, to be taken under a critical scrutiny, and subjected to commentary.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-03 18:30 by Doxa.

Date: February 3, 2011 18:01

Doxa
ineedadrink

Based from those sources you mentioned, gladly not! I don't think his should be taken too personal. These are public figures who give interviews, publish autobiographies, etc. so I take them, and their words, to be taken under a critical scrutiny, and subjected to commentary.

- Doxa

Do they even know themselves?

Date: February 4, 2011 02:19

ineedadrink

No shit, but people project certain personas, on purpose and if those personas come across as dishonest or full of shit, a discerning observer might make a judgement on the integrity of that person.

Excellent comments Doxa. I used to shy away from commenting on Marianne and Anita and how I really saw them, for caution I might be cast out of some elite level fandom, as if blaspheming some two-headed Goddess of Stonesdom. I respect their intelligence, and as a female, I admire thier female presence in a male-dominated circle...but you make a great point:
As a fan, I always felt like I was supposed to to sneer at Mick's "society" pretentions, and the evil, shallow Bianca, according some Holy Bible of the Rolling Stones... while Marianne, Anita and Keith were the true beacons of authenticity. We were misinformed and sadly, some Stones fans hold onto those myths. Bianca's disco days came and went within 2 years...and she herself describes that period as a "turbulent" time, coinciding with the process and aftermath of her divorce...its also interesting to note that before the Studio 54 era, Bianca remained relatively elusive, always alluding to her political leanings even as she once seemed taken with the stereotypical fantasies of becoming an actress. When I read Courtney Love's take on how Mick "traded in Marriane's intellect for Bianca's all-night Disco parties..." I have to laugh. Mick and Bianca may have been partying and dancing, but they were also, less publically, marching for Angela Davis in Paris in 71 or trying to set up relief efforts in post-earthquake Nicaragua throughout the 70s. Their collective intellect is well-spoken for, I might add. By contrast, Marianne and Anita have continued to re-live, re-tell and re-invent their version of the past. Mick moved on from them....wisely so.
But myth is stronger isn't it? Perhaps junkie delusions are even stronger.

Edited 11 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-04 02:49 by stupidguy2.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home