Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: What We Do Not Want in a New Stones CD
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: February 2, 2011 20:15

I do not want phoned in sessions that sound like demos in the finished product because every track on the virtual 96 track machine features a musician in a different mood

I don't want to hear bored musicians taping alone, but the sound of inspired musicians in the same room.

I don't want the keyboards of Matt Clifford on that album. Sorry Matt.

I don't need another "Miss You" clone. No more sucking on the jugular.

I don't want another Stones compilation with exclusive new tracks, I want a full-length album.

I don't care if they get played on the radio with it.

I don't want any underrehearsed or unfinished songs on the album itself, so no demos anymore such as "Streets Of Love" was one.

I don't want a CD mastering that's so loud that it's almost all white noise, but give me dynamic range instead.

I don't want Mick shouting his way through the whole record until his voice almost cracks.

I don't want them to neglect their post-reunification period songs in their concerts.

I don't want Don Was to waste his time on the next Stones album. Yes, it's a job that pays well, but I'd prefer another new Was (Not Was) album from him.

I don't want Ronnie to miss out again on singing a lead vocal with the Stones on record, since this may well be his last chance a/k/a their final album.

Posted by: FreeBird ()
Date: February 2, 2011 20:32

I don't want loudness war CD mastering.
I don't want Chuck Leavell.
I don't want Jack White.
I don't want Keith on lead vocals.
I don't want crap ballads.
I don't want songs that sound like INXS.
I don't want an album that's just an excuse to tour.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 2, 2011 20:39

I don't want an album that's plagued with filler material cos you know in the CD age record have to last 70 minutes.

Make it short (40-45 minutes/10 songs) and good.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 2, 2011 20:46

what i don't want in a new stones cd? a new stones cd. i want some real progress on opening the archives before i lose my hearing or drop dead, whichever comes first.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: February 3, 2011 03:05

I they could make an album that people said was "the next Sticky Fingers" then the Rolling Stones would go out musically on a high note. You can feel how they are a true band on Sticky Fingers.

If they really had it in them they would find a young unknown producer that was "spin free," not out to put his stamp or his sound on the album. Rather you just want a neutral facilitator for the recording sessions that also adds value. Then they would have to more or less live together in a big rented farm house for a few months. Bring in the instruments and a 21st century version of the old Rolling Stones mobile studio.

That's the ticket for success. The Stones with creative juices flowing in a big old farm house somewhere out in the sticks. They camp out there in obscurity during the spring and the summer, and by the fall they have a real record.

This is just a fantasy of course. If they make a record piecemeal and email wave files back and forth you can expect nothing remarkable from them.

The interesting thing about the Rolling Stones' last few recordings is that some of the individual songs are quite good and well recorded. But they are all ultimately forgettable and that's a problem. By extension, the entire album becomes forgettable.

If you are young, then the Rolling Stones are passe. If you are older then it's really hard for music to resonate with you anymore. So the Rolling Stones end up between a rock and a hard place, sounding just like any other rock group in the background on the adult-oriented rock FM radio station where you live.

Besides the Big Four, Some Girls and Tattoo You had some Rolling Stones magic that made them memorable. They put out lots of good stuff (and bad stuff) since then but it's just not memorable.

If they could come up with a "Sticky Fingers II" and another "Honky Tonk Woman" or "Brown Sugar" or "Bitch" then I think most if not all of the die hard fans would be prepared to let the boys retire and call it a night!

MileHigh

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: February 3, 2011 17:25

If the new album will just be recorded an an excuse to tour or will be recorded with Don Was/Chuck/Bernard/Lisa/Etc, then they shouldn't bother ever recording at all.

They don't owe us anything, but by now it's better not releasing anything then releaseing subpar nonsense just to show your still a 'functioning' band.

But I would just love for them to show us one last time why they're so damn famous (musically speaking).

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 3, 2011 17:46

mr edward
But I would just love for them to show us one last time why they're so damn famous (musically speaking).

they could do that by having each member hold up a copy of one of the big four albums. might be a bit awkward for ronnie, since he didn't participate on any of them. but, still...

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 3, 2011 19:20

we do not want consensual guitars too clean
DIRT

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 3, 2011 22:06

A new CD should be with Goats Head Soup leftovers: Criss Cross (Save Me), Separately, You Should Have Seen Her Ass, Four And In, Give Us A Break, First Thing, Miami, Man-Eating Woman, Brown Leaves, After Muddy & Charlie, Jamaica I, Zabadoo.

A couple of teasers are here:

Posted by: svendborg ()
Date: February 4, 2011 02:56

No reason to speculate...there won't be any more new albums.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1789
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home