Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Adele - 21
Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: February 28, 2011 13:04

ablett
Cher grow up? Isn't she still trotting round in her fishnets, with a face thats frozen in botox giving it her all in Vegas at 70?

That's not about music anymore; cheap non-arguments. If that's characteristic of Adele fans, I can rest my case.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 28, 2011 13:48

Ok, but you were the one stating Adele had to grow up?

I'm making the point the 'Cher' simply hasn't?

and if it's music your after name a decent song Cher has produced since the early seventies??

Date: February 28, 2011 14:03

ablett
Ok, but you were the one stating Adele had to grow up?

I'm making the point the 'Cher' simply hasn't?

and if it's music your after name a decent song Cher has produced since the early seventies??

I think Believe is great too. That's from not so long ago. Chasing Pavements is a nice debut single, but not good enough to really count. Adele is still young; she could grow for like five or ten years and become better, but even if so I doubt that she will ever be in the Cher class.

Date: February 28, 2011 14:20

LOl, you do know Adele has achieved two albums now?

How on earth you can compare Believe (some ropey euro pop made years ago) with Chasing Pavements, Rolling in the Deep, someone like you etc. etc.... beggars belief but then I suspect your taking the piss.....

Date: February 28, 2011 14:25

ablett
LOl, you do know Adele has achieved two albums now?

How on earth you can compare Believe (some ropey euro pop made years ago) with Chasing Pavements, Rolling in the Deep, someone like you etc. etc.... beggars belief but then I suspect your taking the piss.....

The level of Chasing Pavements is too low to me to listen to more of Adele. If she made something good, I will hear it soon enough. And Believe may be the ultimate single of the turn of the millennium. "ropey euro pop" is only a genre; you can make good music in any genre.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-02-28 14:46 by lsbz.

Date: February 28, 2011 14:44

Your probably missing your Euro Beat in the background??

So seriously, I've spent all this time with you and you've only ever listened to one track and dismissed anything else?

Now you are taking the piss! I'll leave you with your Carpenters albums....

Geez....

Date: February 28, 2011 14:47

ablett
Now you are taking the piss! I'll leave you with your Carpenters albums....

Always nice to hear We've Only Just Begun. They don't make them like that anymore; they can't.

Date: February 28, 2011 14:57

ablett
Now you are taking the piss!

Relevance is a more subtle energy than popularity. You can only sense it if you are somewhat mature. But it's stronger in the end.

Date: February 28, 2011 15:34

"Always nice to hear We've Only Just Begun. They don't make them like that anymore; they can't."

There's a reason for that......

Date: February 28, 2011 15:40

ablett
"Always nice to hear We've Only Just Begun. They don't make them like that anymore; they can't."

There's a reason for that......

I don't think so. They just lost the craftsmanship since punk and MTV; I think it's troubling. One thing that can be said in favor of Chasing Pavements is that the song is not too bad, but it lacks other stuff.

Date: February 28, 2011 15:49

Are you sure your not missing the Archers on Radio 4? Your cocoa will be getting cold....

Date: February 28, 2011 15:55

ablett
Are you sure your not missing the Archers on Radio 4? Your cocoa will be getting cold....

I'm not British; I had to look them up with Google.

Date: February 28, 2011 16:12

Lol, big fans of the Carpenters.

Punk and new wave kind of passed by Ambridge as it did your record collection....

Date: February 28, 2011 16:21

ablett
Lol, big fans of the Carpenters.

Punk and new wave kind of passed by Ambridge as it did your record collection....

We still have MTV though. That's often looks for music. And the generations became more immature in many respects; it may be the karmic incarnation cycle. It's not easy for musicians nowadays, because you have no good scene anymore. Adele should be very reluctant about popularity, because too much of it will eventually work against her. I'm only spending this time because I think she's talented; she should watch out.

Date: February 28, 2011 16:48

Gawd bless MTV.....

The home of quality music entertainment.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 28, 2011 16:56

IMO this is just another Amy Winehouse "Verschnitt" as we say in Germany. <Monsoon Ragoon>

+1
I'am no German though.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: February 28, 2011 17:52

i prefer Laura Marling.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 28, 2011 17:56

my daughter says adele is destined for super-stardom. i'll listen to the album this week. my daughter has a pretty impeccable track record, so i'm inclined to believe i'll like this....

Date: February 28, 2011 18:00

StonesTod
my daughter says adele is destined for super-stardom. i'll listen to the album this week. my daughter has a pretty impeccable track record, so i'm inclined to believe i'll like this....

Super-stardom, maybe, but I don't think that Madonna has a good track record at IORR.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: February 28, 2011 18:04

Amsterdamned
IMO this is just another Amy Winehouse "Verschnitt" as we say in Germany. <Monsoon Ragoon>

+1
I'am no German though.

I´m German and I´d like to know the dutch term. smoking smiley

Date: February 28, 2011 18:36

"Super-stardom, maybe, but I don't think that Madonna has a good track record at IORR."

Who ever mentioned Madonna?

Date: February 28, 2011 18:41

ablett
"Super-stardom, maybe, but I don't think that Madonna has a good track record at IORR."

StonesTod in his typical collectivist manner mentioned "super-stardom" as a criterium for him liking Adele.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 28, 2011 18:44

lsbz
ablett

StonesTod in his typical collectivist manner mentioned "super-stardom" as a criterium for him liking Adele.

continued reading comprehension issues? hmmm...there are course out there designed just for folks like you, you know.

Date: February 28, 2011 18:49

StonesTod
lsbz
ablett

continued reading comprehension issues? hmmm...there are course out there designed just for folks like you, you know.

StonesTod

The attitude of an ignorant collectivist.

Date: February 28, 2011 18:57

StonesTod
you seem to have a fixation with me.

No need at all to respond, Tod; I could say the same thing of you. Your stupid 1% remark started this.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 28, 2011 19:01

shortfatfanny
Amsterdamned

+1
I'am no German though.

I´m German and I´d like to know the dutch term. smoking smiley

Ok Baby: Een "aftreksel".smiling smiley

Date: February 28, 2011 19:03

StonesTod
you seem to have a fixation with me. i'm quite flattered, but i'm not dating at this time. however, i can direct you to others here who are seeking companionship. no charge. interested?

Complaint filed for personal, insulting, off-topic responding.

Date: February 28, 2011 19:11

Bugger! You didn't file a complaint against me?? I must try harder.....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 28, 2011 19:13

Cool heads people. Just an idea.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: February 28, 2011 19:14

ablett
Bugger! You didn't file a complaint against me?? I must try harder.....

At least you did not seem to let your daughter decide whether Adele is any good.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1695
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home