Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Adele - 21
Posted by: ablett ()
Date: March 2, 2011 10:08

Yeah but in all honesty Isbz you'd give Charlie Sheen a run for his money in La La land.....

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: March 2, 2011 10:19

Date: March 2, 2011 10:24

A stellar performance....

Who needs Vegas.....

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 2, 2011 17:51

ablett
"her last movie with Christina Aguilera was terrible...but can we otherwise leave Cher alone?"

For what reason exactly? Cher has been given as an example of a superior singer. I can't recall a decent single in the last 30 years? And please don't tell me that a bit of euro pap (Believe) is worth comparing....

I think your comment changes the conversation.
<<Cher grow up? Isn't she still trotting round in her fishnets, with a face thats frozen in botox giving it her all in Vegas at 70?>>

it's sexist if not denigrating in so many ways. How is it that much different than say the Stones going out at 68 playing mostly songs from the 70's and 60's?....just because they haven't decided to take up residence in Las Vegas doesn't make them all that different..there are people on this board that would argue Streets of Love might be worse than Believe....and how or why does it matter if she's had surgery, chemical peels, lip injections or whatever she wears a reason to judge her?..Wasn't Mick wearing a red sequined jacket on the last tour, denim that was so impossibly tight, custom made by Hedi Slimane and t shrts that bared his navel?....the costs of which were all probably ammortized in the ridiculously high ticket prices....or was it the "Las Vegas" type stage they built?? Why is that permissible but for a woman not acceptable. The double standard is worrisome. If you want to criticize the art have at it...that's what you are supposed to do...but dissing Cher personally doesn't do it for me...if anything I see her as a survivor...she did it her way, mostly on her own and ought to be admired for that...

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: March 2, 2011 17:56

Rip This
ablett
"her last movie with Christina Aguilera was terrible...but can we otherwise leave Cher alone?"

For what reason exactly? Cher has been given as an example of a superior singer. I can't recall a decent single in the last 30 years? And please don't tell me that a bit of euro pap (Believe) is worth comparing....

<<Cher grow up? Isn't she still trotting round in her fishnets, with a face thats frozen in botox giving it her all in Vegas at 70?>>

it's sexist if not denigrating in so many ways.

I was thinking probably a woman's remark, but maybe that's sexist too. I'm afraid that such envy can never be reasoned away.

Date: March 2, 2011 18:29

Lol; Sexist?? Mmmmm

"Cher grow up? Isn't she still trotting round in her fishnets, with a face thats frozen in botox giving it her all in Vegas at 70?"

What part of the above is not true?

Next you'll be saying we can't call MJ wrinkly???......

Posted by: lsbz ()
Date: March 2, 2011 19:10

ablett
Lol; Sexist?? Mmmmm

"Cher grow up? Isn't she still trotting round in her fishnets, with a face thats frozen in botox giving it her all in Vegas at 70?"

What part of the above is not true?

Next you'll be saying we can't call MJ wrinkly???......

It could be true, but off-topic on a music board as this one. I think that Cher deserves respect for some of her music. One could also see it as impolite, but that's a bit arbitrary.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 1, 2011 00:26

No Adele no Amy here is the most important female singer of 2011 :

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: November 1, 2011 00:28

Rip This
ablett

it's sexist if not denigrating in so many ways. How is it that much different than say the Stones going out at 68 playing mostly songs from the 70's and 60's?....just because they haven't decided to take up residence in Las Vegas doesn't make them all that different..there are people on this board that would argue Streets of Love might be worse than Believe....and how or why does it matter if she's had surgery, chemical peels, lip injections or whatever she wears a reason to judge her?..Wasn't Mick wearing a red sequined jacket on the last tour, denim that was so impossibly tight, custom made by Hedi Slimane and t shrts that bared his navel?....the costs of which were all probably ammortized in the ridiculously high ticket prices....or was it the "Las Vegas" type stage they built?? Why is that permissible but for a woman not acceptable. The double standard is worrisome. If you want to criticize the art have at it...that's what you are supposed to do...but dissing Cher personally doesn't do it for me...if anything I see her as a survivor...she did it her way, mostly on her own and ought to be admired for that...

excellent!

Posted by: pagodapete ()
Date: November 1, 2011 12:35

OMG I just can't stand Adeles voice. In my nightmares i'm stuck in a damp prison cell, having to listen to Rolling in the deep over and over again. For me she's as boring and irritating as Alanah Myles - remember her...? "big voice" and losy song...

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: November 1, 2011 15:09

she's having throat surgery at age 23. not good. wishing her the best.

big talent obviously. but she and her music are so old-fashioned.

so the mystery is her extreme popularity. seems faddish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-01 15:16 by nocomment.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 1, 2011 17:38

pagodapete
OMG I just can't stand Adeles voice. In my nightmares i'm stuck in a damp prison cell, having to listen to Rolling in the deep over and over again.

Don´t blame Adele for your nightmares.....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 1, 2011 18:23

nocomment
she's having throat surgery at age 23. not good. wishing her the best.

big talent obviously. but she and her music are so old-fashioned.

so the mystery is her extreme popularity. seems faddish.
Yeah she's the latest hottest thing. But I don't see a long shelf life for her career.

Posted by: pagodapete ()
Date: November 1, 2011 21:54

shortfatfanny
pagodapete
OMG I just can't stand Adeles voice. In my nightmares i'm stuck in a damp prison cell, having to listen to Rolling in the deep over and over again.

Don´t blame Adele for your nightmares.....

Except from my strong medication, my complicated childhood, my years of destructive life in the fast liane.... I just have to blame someone human...

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: November 1, 2011 22:13

Rumour has it that Adele is in line to sing the next James Bond theme song.....

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1409
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home