Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
A bigger bang--why so underrated?
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: July 29, 2011 22:25

I just like this album. great "rockers" and "Ballads". For me the greatest STONES Album since sticky Fingers!

Re: A bigger bang--why so underrated?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 29, 2011 22:28

"For me the greatest STONES Album since sticky Fingers!"

Treatment is available, and advances in psychology and pharmacology are happening all the time. Although there is no cure, you can still have a really good quality of life.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 29, 2011 22:47

Not bad...not bad at all!

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:02

Havo, not SO big to me , but i think it is much better than the general opinion.
I think it will be better rated in some years time. You´ll see
Good album

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:18

We are all entitled to our opinions...personally, I think it's horrendous. Possibly the worst Stones album yet. I do keep going back to it and every time I'm more disappointed than the last. But, if you enjoy it, good for you.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:23

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:25

It's ok for me. Too many tracks that I don't care for, though, I typically skip:

"Streets of Love"
"Dangerous Beauty"
"Look What the Cat Dragged In"
"Driving Too Fast"

without these, I'd probably consider it in my top 10.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:34

71Tele

Treatment is available, and advances in psychology and pharmacology are happening all the time. Although there is no cure, you can still have a really good quality of life.

I cant believe my eyes! AAB???? A Bigger Bulls---??
Mayby some Hansi Hinterzeer could calm this poor guy ? 71Tele - I love your comments - really, really funny!!

Bo >grinning smiley<

PS. mayby they should rename the album to "Look What The Cat Dragged In"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-29 23:38 by hedegaard.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:38

ABB is in my top 10 for sure. of course it's much worse than EOMS or SG or even TY, but still a great album! awesome rockers and the ballads are ok.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:43

Probably just underrated by those who blast it on this board and don't like anything The Stones did after 1978.

Date: July 29, 2011 23:51

uhbuhgullayew
Probably just underrated by those who blast it on this board and don't like anything The Stones did after 1978.

Yup... and the most puzzling part of this is the irrational exuberance with which these haters spew their hatred... it makes no sense... but it is kind of amusing to observe them expend so much energy on something they claim to hate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-30 00:05 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:55

it isn't underrated, it just isn't a really good album :p

Posted by: Baxter Thwaites ()
Date: July 29, 2011 23:56

I suspect it's because most people are nostalgic for albums they got laid to. And I would be very surprised if many here got laid to A Bigger Bang!! (No pun intended).

Date: July 30, 2011 00:01

Baxter Thwaites
I suspect it's because most people are nostalgic for albums they got laid to. And I would be very surprised if many here got laid to A Bigger Bang!! (No pun intended).

That... is genius... and may explain why I am quite nostalgic for this album....

I will never forget the night I first heard "Rough Justice"...

Dear Penthouse,
It was a warm summer evening and......

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: July 30, 2011 00:01

71Tele

grinning smileysmiling bouncing smiley>grinning smiley<hot smileytongue sticking out smileythumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmoking smileysmileys with beer

Date: July 30, 2011 00:02

drewmaster
71Tele

grinning smileysmiling bouncing smiley>grinning smiley<hot smileytongue sticking out smileythumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue outsmoking smileysmileys with beer
irrational exuberance

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: July 30, 2011 00:39

uhbuhgullayew

To be fair, the Stones don't compare at all now to how they were pre-78, in terms of song writing.

Date: July 30, 2011 00:46

Baxter Thwaites

Some of us are merely nostalgic for the albums that were good. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

Date: July 30, 2011 01:07

71Tele
Baxter Thwaites

Some of us are merely nostalgic for the albums that were good. It really isn't any more complicated than that.

Dont worry Tele, nobody is accusing you of ever getting laid.

Date: July 30, 2011 01:31

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Baxter Thwaites

Ouch. Uncalled for.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 30, 2011 01:39

Havo..yea' well its not as overrated as Exile

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 30, 2011 02:21

Max'sKansasCity
uhbuhgullayew

Yup... and the most puzzling part of this is the irrational exuberance with which these haters spew their hatred... it makes no sense... but it is kind of amusing to observe them expend so much energy on something they claim to hate.

thumbs up

It is irrational. This is a very good album...a couple of songs should have been left off (whatever happened to editing!?), and they NEEDED TO include Under The Radar. The omission of that song is scandalous.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: July 30, 2011 02:23

I think it has to do with the album being way too long/sprawling. Definitely a victim of the CD length. Too many half-baked songs.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 30, 2011 02:27

Havo
I just like this album. great "rockers" and "Ballads". For me the greatest STONES Album since sticky Fingers!

and to think your first sentence started so promisingly.

This post was a bit like following The Sopranos. Was going along really well and then a big 'WTF' at the finale...

Date: July 30, 2011 03:28

LeonidP
It's ok for me. Too many tracks that I don't care for, though, I typically skip:

"Streets of Love"
"Dangerous Beauty"
"Look What the Cat Dragged In"
"Driving Too Fast"

without these, I'd probably consider it in my top 10.

those are basically the songs i dislike but i'd rather remove "sweet neo con" and keep one of the tracks you mentioned

Date: July 30, 2011 04:17

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
uhbuhgullayew

thumbs up

It is irrational. This is a very good album...a couple of songs should have been left off (whatever happened to editing!?), and they NEEDED TO include Under The Radar. The omission of that song is scandalous.

I think its a very good song - and could have been potentially excellent - but it strikes me as a bit unfinished. It just sounds like they couldnt figure out what to do with the bridge. The rest of it is quite wonderful, though - and its one of Mick's best vocals in recent years.

Date: July 30, 2011 04:19

Baxter Thwaites
I suspect it's because most people are nostalgic for albums they got laid to. .

Christ I hope not. I've been married 24 years and the Stones have only released four albums in that time! And whats worse, theyre unlikely to release too many more...

Date: July 30, 2011 04:20

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Baxter Thwaites

Ouch. Uncalled for.

Oh no, now you get sensitive?? ... just didnt want you to get in Brandon Davies type of trouble cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-07-30 04:24 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 30, 2011 04:28

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Baxter Thwaites

Ouch. Uncalled for.

Oh no, now you get sensitive?? ... just didnt want you to get in Brandon Davies type of trouble cool smiley

No, but I have no idea who the hell Brandon Davies is.

Date: July 30, 2011 04:31

He got in trouble for getting laid.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home