Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: What happened to my thread ...
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: January 16, 2011 00:15

Brue
71Tele
Brue
Well, all I can say is that my thread on the musicans most likely to die in 2011 WASN'T deleted, it was just closed because of the nasty responses to it. So, the subject matter, which I thought was mostly funny, didn't offend the moderator, but the responses to it were hostile and over the top. So sometimes maybe it's the offendee's who are to blame for some it.

I am pretty much on record as being against the hair-trigger approach to closing threads that appears to operate on this board, but you were asking for trouble posting a thread like that.

Who cares what you think? Or anybody else. I post something I think is funny, so I'm not asking for anything.

So, you post a thread which obviously implies you care what people think, and then say "who cares what you think". Makes sense.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 16, 2011 00:23

Brue says:
"Who cares what you think? Or anybody else. I post something I think is funny, so I'm not asking for anything."
"I'm just gettin started"

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-17 13:50 by ROPENI.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 16, 2011 15:02

treaclefingers
How about if people that would like to post rude or offending threads,just control themselves?

that would be awesome, no more threads about Streets of Love or Following the River!!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 16, 2011 23:49

Some pretty mild threads have been deleted, which I think contributes to the blandness of this forum. But some forums I've seen have ended up internet Altamonts, So maybe the often soporific aspect of this forum is a fair price to pay.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: January 17, 2011 05:50

LeonidP
treaclefingers
How about if people that would like to post rude or offending threads,just control themselves?

that would be awesome, no more threads about Streets of Love or Following the River!!

I second through a millionth that!

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: January 17, 2011 06:39

I busted a button on my trousers, and I can't find my thread either! Or my needle.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: January 17, 2011 07:15

Damn! I always seem to miss these things.

What was the tile of the thread banned?

And without being offensive can someone please give me some insight as to the offending content?

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: January 17, 2011 16:41

sweetcharmedlife
Brue
Well, all I can say is that my thread on the musicans most likely to die in 2011 WASN'T deleted, it was just closed because of the nasty responses to it. So, the subject matter, which I thought was mostly funny, didn't offend the moderator, but the responses to it were hostile and over the top. So sometimes maybe it's the offendee's who are to blame for some it.
It was closed because it was in extremely poor taste and should have never been satrted in the first place.(no I didn't report it). Their is nothing funny about people dying. How would you like to see your name on a list of people likely to die? Would that amuse you?

It appears to have amused Keith and made him proud!
{life - p364 - US ed}

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 17, 2011 19:39

Lady Jayne
sweetcharmedlife
Brue
It was closed because it was in extremely poor taste and should have never been satrted in the first place.(no I didn't report it). Their is nothing funny about people dying. How would you like to see your name on a list of people likely to die? Would that amuse you?

It appears to have amused Keith and made him proud!
{life - p364 - US ed}
Yes I know.I read that. Glad it amuses Keith. Also helped sell a few more books.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1557
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home