Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Electronics
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: January 17, 2011 16:13

I purchased a 46' Samsung TV. The sound was tinny and based on research via C-Net I bought the Sony HCT150 Soundbar/ Theater system. Palladia is now better. Funny thing - Parliament was in concert upon proper connectivity. Not bad. Not bad at all. By the way, Ricky Grevais is one funny lad. If time permits, check out his GG awards intro. Hilarious just like the Jets kicking patsy butt. I think the "HBO" stars can win at Pitt; however, find feat somewhat improbable if not unlikely. Parity really has taken grip on the NFL. Do we really give a shit if GB or Chi wins?

Re: OT: Electronics
Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 17, 2011 16:49

Date: January 17, 2011 16:56

Yeah -Lee

Saints are superior. Unfortunately, and due to the insane NFL playoff format - team was not afforded success of season record. Game, based on fairnes should have been staged in N.O. Just as the prolific money hungry collegiate mafia, whom does not believe in a playoff system the NFL follows suit in so called madness. NFL needs to change divisions based on geogarphy as opposed to what are so-called "natural rivalries!! It really ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-17 17:00 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 17, 2011 17:01

Will television strengthen family ties? says the Motorola commercial............

Not when I was young............ the fun was over when the television arrived in my elderly home

Date: January 17, 2011 17:02

NICOS -

It really depends who has the remote!! LOL

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 17, 2011 19:14

Chris Fountain
Yeah -Lee

Saints are superior. Unfortunately, and due to the insane NFL playoff format - team was not afforded success of season record. Game, based on fairnes should have been staged in N.O. Just as the prolific money hungry collegiate mafia, whom does not believe in a playoff system the NFL follows suit in so called madness. NFL needs to change divisions based on geogarphy as opposed to what are so-called "natural rivalries!! It really ..

Superior to what? That Super Bowl was last year. Win your division or play your first playoff game on the road. I'd leave the current divisional format alone. This year's NFC West was an aberation. The Saints lost their division because their baby-faced kicker missed a chip shot field goal in overtime at home against Atlanta early in the season. If he makes that kick, the Saints and Falcons are both 12-4 with the Saints winning the head-to-head tiebreaker.

The Saints are slightly more worthy of anyone's pity than the Giants (my team), who got bumped from the playoffs to make room for a team that they beat 41-7 on the road and who had three more wins than the Seahawks. Then again, the Giants lost the NFC East because they couldn't hold a 21-point 4th quarter lead at home against the Eagles and then laid down like dogs in Green Bay. So boo-hoo for them.

Even if the Saints had to play in Seattle, they lost to the only team ever to win a division with a losing record and looked like b-tches in doing so. Matt Hasselbeck, hardly a top shelf QB, shredded their defense all day. With the game on the line, their defense had to make one stop to put the offense in a position to win the game. So they responded to the challenge by letting Marshawn Lynch run through eight missed/broken tackles to put the game away. It just wasn't in the cards for the Saints this year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home