Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 21
Re: OT - NHL Hockey 2011
Posted by: ssprings ()
Date: March 16, 2011 15:34

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: March 16, 2011 15:44

It's an orca.

Date: March 16, 2011 15:46

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 16, 2011 16:00

skipstone
It's an orca.

You mean a shark killer! cool smiley

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: March 16, 2011 18:43

The Sicilian
skipstone
It's an orca.

You mean a shark killer! cool smiley
Not a chance. Sharkies bounce back with a big win in Dallas last night.....Bring on the Vancouver Whales.

Posted by: hedegaard ()
Date: March 16, 2011 23:08

Toronto Meaple Leafs - just wait and see - they sure gonna win the cup soon ( in 10 or 20 years or soo - I hope)
B.t.w Detroit - do they have any players from US left? Last time I saw them - years ago it was all zhecks, swedes, fins, russians,canadians and so on. A NATIONAL hochey-team (LOL) .

cheers Bo tongue sticking out smileygrinning smileywinking smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 17, 2011 06:03

Canuckleheads

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 17, 2011 12:25

As a long long time Sabres season ticket holder I'd still be surprised if they make the playoffs. As much as I like Ruff he's a player killer. he burns out miller every year and benches guys for making ONE mistake during a game, yet Tyler Myers coughs up the puck every other shift and nothings done. Buffalo has 4 3rd lines.

Date: March 17, 2011 16:46

I'd love to see the NY Rangers not make the playoffs, which is very possible, and see Buffalo and Toronto get in.

Date: March 17, 2011 17:00

More Hot Rocks
As a long long time Sabres season ticket holder I'd still be surprised if they make the playoffs. As much as I like Ruff he's a player killer. he burns out miller every year and benches guys for making ONE mistake during a game, yet Tyler Myers coughs up the puck every other shift and nothings done. Buffalo has 4 3rd lines.

I agree with the Miller thing but Tyler Myers is a very good defenseman. Don't forget he just turned 21 in February. He hits hard, carries the puck well and has a very good shot. He will make his mistakes and learn but blame management for not bringing back his partner Tallinder. That can have a big effect on a young kid playing a man's game.

I don't think that Ryan Miller will ever win a cup for this team. I don't think his problem is just being tired, I just don't think he is an elite goaltender. He is very good but not elite, at least not yet. IMO, I really think his problem is personal. He was just engaged in December to an very pretty but B-list actress. A wedding is on his mind. I really think that she needs to be on the west coast for her career, and Ryan works on the east coast. Maybe...he is jealous of her smoozing with other men and can't handle it. Or maybe she wants to live in LA for her career. Don't underestimate that. Women can cause a lot of tension to a man in love. I would even bet that this is his first real love and he is infactuated. Just my opinion but why else are his numbers so bad. I'm sure he wouldn't refuse a trade to LA.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: March 17, 2011 17:06

hedegaard

B.t.w Detroit - do they have any players from US left? Last time I saw them - years ago it was all zhecks, swedes, fins, russians,canadians and so on. A NATIONAL hochey-team (LOL) .
there are a few americans on the red wings, including mike modano, the all-time leading goals and points leader among american-born players.

Date: March 17, 2011 17:12

The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks

I agree with the Miller thing but Tyler Myers is a very good defenseman. Don't forget he just turned 21 in February. He hits hard, carries the puck well and has a very good shot. He will make his mistakes and learn but blame management for not bringing back his partner Tallinder. That can have a big effect on a young kid playing a man's game.

I don't think that Ryan Miller will ever win a cup for this team. I don't think his problem is just being tired, I just don't think he is an elite goaltender. He is very good but not elite, at least not yet. IMO, I really think his problem is personal. He was just engaged in December to an very pretty but B-list actress. A wedding is on his mind. I really think that she needs to be on the west coast for her career, and Ryan works on the east coast. Maybe...he is jealous of her smoozing with other men and can't handle it. Or maybe she wants to live in LA for her career. Don't underestimate that. Women can cause a lot of tension to a man in love. I would even bet that this is his first real love and he is infactuated. Just my opinion but why else are his numbers so bad. I'm sure he wouldn't refuse a trade to LA.

What the devil can't do to you a woman will.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-17 19:43 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: March 18, 2011 14:27

Look out Sharks.

Date: March 18, 2011 18:29

The Sicilian

Look out Sharks.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: March 18, 2011 22:17

Doesn't look like the Sharts will catch the Wings for 2nd. Which is really no big deal anyway.

Date: March 21, 2011 16:05

The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks

I went to the Nashville game yesterday. Tyler myers should be sitting in the pressbox. I don't care that he's 21 or rookie of the year. This guy is the most overrated player on the team. I wish I had a dime for everytime he's on the ice for an another teams goal or for everytime he loses the puck.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-21 17:59 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 21, 2011 16:11

Last year's Olympics clearly showed that Ryan Miller is an elite goaltender. He's got a weak and undersized supporting cast.

Date: March 21, 2011 20:07

ab
Last year's Olympics clearly showed that Ryan Miller is an elite goaltender. He's got a weak and undersized supporting cast.

100% Agree. This is a last place team. Ruff the great coach that he is has them playing way above their heads. I blame Larry Quinn. Let the new bosses work their magic.

Date: March 22, 2011 03:06

Looks like the Red Wings won't make it past the first round the way they're playing against a severely disabled Pittsburgh Penquins! Horrible hockey! Howard is a whore - he goes down on everything!

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 22, 2011 03:17

What has hockey finals had in the way of great bands for there half time entertainment..anything like the American Gridiron football games have had.

Date: March 22, 2011 04:36

More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks

I went to the Nashville game yesterday. Tyler myers should be sitting in the pressbox. I don't care that he's 21 or rookie of the year. This guy is the most overrated player on the team. I wish I had a dime for everytime he's on the ice for an another teams goal or for everytime he loses the puck.

What a bad feeling that game left you with. You can pick on Myers but the blame stops with Miller. He is the one who let in 3 goals in 3 minutes. He needs to win games for them sometime not lose them. He seems out of position a lot lately. He can't even make a routine save on a blue line wrister. Hasek should have played, he would have won the game.

Date: March 22, 2011 05:07

colonial
What has hockey finals had in the way of great bands for there half time entertainment..anything like the American Gridiron football games have had.
No,nothing close. Given the fact that it's a best of 7 series and not just 1 championship game,it's tough. Plus hockey is nowhere near the popularity of american football.

Date: March 22, 2011 15:55

The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks
The Sicilian
More Hot Rocks

What a bad feeling that game left you with. You can pick on Myers but the blame stops with Miller. He is the one who let in 3 goals in 3 minutes. He needs to win games for them sometime not lose them. He seems out of position a lot lately. He can't even make a routine save on a blue line wrister. Hasek should have played, he would have won the game.

I agree with the Hasek comment. The greatest Sabre of all time. In my book one of the greatest goalies off all time. As far as Myers goes you won't change my mind. His screw ups Sunday were nothing new. He's been playing like that all season.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 22, 2011 16:50

2 1 2 0

Date: March 22, 2011 21:18

Come On

It's pretty sad when one of Toronto's best players is a Buffalo Sabre throw away.

Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: March 22, 2011 21:51

....and they could be just 3 back of you after tonight (with a little luck). Second youngest team in the league and going hard after Richards this summer with tons of cap space, finally looks like they're turning it around and I think Reimer is the real thing in net. Looking forward to next year, for the first time in a few years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-03-22 21:53 by andrewm.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 23, 2011 00:32

filstan
Canuckleheads

I resemble that comment!angry smiley

Date: March 23, 2011 00:41

sweetcharmedlife
colonial
No,nothing close. Given the fact that it's a best of 7 series and not just 1 championship game,it's tough. Plus hockey is nowhere near the popularity of american football.

Maybe not the popularity of football, but you can't match the intensity of a playoff series. The Stanley Cup is one of the most difficult championships to win.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 23, 2011 01:42

The Sicilian
sweetcharmedlife
colonial

Maybe not the popularity of football, but you can't match the intensity of a playoff series. The Stanley Cup is one of the most difficult championships to win.

Yes, and if ANYONE can pick the Western Conference playoff finalists they deserve to win a large sum of money. Amazing to see how close this is. It will get down to the last 1-2 games for half of the 10-12 teams close to know how it will finish. . All this makes for VERY competitive and entertaining games. The NFL as good as it is can never match the NHL for LIVE quality viewing. Hockey is the best spectator sport period, then a great soccer match because TV can't stop the game.
LETS GO HAWKS!

Date: March 23, 2011 15:51

Miller beat the Habs. It doesn't get any better. I quit counting everytime Myers rushed the puck over the blue line only to lose it. People here in Buffalo are brainwashed over this guy. Bring back Lydman and Tellinder please!!! In fact I can think of one Buffalo defenseman that's playing worst than Myers. That incluse Ruff's scratch of the day.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 984
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home