Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith Richards on Mick Jagger: ‘We are Brothers’
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 6, 2011 20:39

[www.express.co.uk]

Bryan Wawzenek
|

Last fall, Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards caused a bit of a stir in the media with comments he wrote about frontman Mick Jagger in his new autobiography, Life. Keef called Mick “unbearable” and joked about his bandmate’s sexual prowess (or lack thereof).

But, in an interview with the Daily Express, Richards says things are great between the two best-known Stones and that they are closer than ever, because they learned to become “more tolerant of one another.”

The guitarist explained that his and Mick’s friendship reached its low point in the mid-’80s, when the Stones briefly broke up. He said that he included his thoughts on that period because he felt he had to be honest.

“My main point was to explain what the Stones have gone through,” he said. “I don’t think Mick, up until right now, knew how deep a cut that was. Not just to me but the rest of the band. It became a very difficult period, from the late ’80s until 1990. I used to call it World War III.

“Being in that pressure cooker all that time – and with two very strong egos involved – there is inevitably going to be a time when the pressure cooker pops.”

In more recent times, Richards said that the duo have formed a more understanding and tighter bond.

“Basically, we are brothers,” he said. “I can knock him, but if anyone else does I’ll slit his throat!”

Re: Keith Richards on Mick Jagger: ‘We are Brothers’
Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: January 6, 2011 20:43

sounds like Keith is trying to heal the rift beween them since his book came out and he made all those silly comments on Mick's **!*** etc

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: January 6, 2011 20:46

pgarof

“Basically, we are brothers,” he said. “I can knock him, but if anyone else does I’ll slit his throat!”

That's from Life, isn't it? Meanwhile he's giving (or trying to give) people every reason to dislike Mick. How can you blame people for thinking someone's a tit if you keep saying that that person's a tit? The same - more - goes for Brian.

Fortunately for Keith, his criticisms of others seem to have rebounded on him. No throat slitting needed.

Posted by: ineedadrink ()
Date: January 6, 2011 20:48

the soap opera continues...

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: January 6, 2011 21:03

No wonder Charlie reads so much about the Civil War.

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: January 6, 2011 21:05

If we're not worthy to criticise Mick (not that I especially want to), why is Keith worthy to dismiss Scott Cantrell as a 'prick'? Will he be offering up his throat to Scott Cantrell's family?

Sorry. I'm speaking as a pissed off fan. I'll defend Keith as one of the finest songwriters of the twentieth century but my gawd does he talk a load of balls.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: January 6, 2011 21:34

Brothers today, half brothers tomorrow, bitter enemies the day after tomorrow, friendly on Tuesdays, during full moon cycles, and at weddings, but distant on Wednesdays, at funerals, and on sunny days that fall on weekends..................................................................................................................................................................NASCAR calls it the "Silly Season", I just call it RSTF (Rolling Stones Tour Foreplay)! Think I am going to become a bear!

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: January 6, 2011 21:44

Squiggle
pgarof

That's from Life, isn't it? Meanwhile he's giving (or trying to give) people every reason to dislike Mick. How can you blame people for thinking someone's a tit if you keep saying that that person's a tit? The same - more - goes for Brian.

Fortunately for Keith, his criticisms of others seem to have rebounded on him. No throat slitting needed.
The whole thing sounds like exact quotes from Life.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 6, 2011 22:04

I seem to recall some response from Mick about Keith's view that they are brothers: he said, Keith's an only child; I already have a brother.

And for the record, Mick's real brother, Chris, has never once said a word against him.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 6, 2011 22:07

If Keith had devoted the time he wasted for talking bullshit for songwriting instead, we would have had more creative output from him in recent years than the song or two he actually came up with.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 7, 2011 01:30

i have a brother who is a jerk and have not spoken to him in 12 years. no love lost. rather have mick or keith to squabble with.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: January 7, 2011 02:02

Bliss
I seem to recall some response from Mick about Keith's view that they are brothers: he said, Keith's an only child; I already have a brother.

And for the record, Mick's real brother, Chris, has never once said a word against him.

Mick has said that, more than once for years now, I believe. I heard him tell Charlie Rose that, when
Charlie told him, Keith said you are like brothers.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 7, 2011 02:26

I thought Keith once said that Mick was his wife.

I wish they'd get this stuff straightened out.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 7, 2011 05:25

....it's all very metrosexual these days

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 7, 2011 05:36

Edith Grove
I thought Keith once said that Mick was his wife.

I wish they'd get this stuff straightened out.
I heard Keith say that theirs was a Mom & Pop operation and that he (Keith) was pop
A girlfriend of mine who has known a man or two said that looking at it like that, that in her opinion Mick was definitely the man in that relationship....
Mick's rock and Keith's .....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-07 13:16 by EddieByword.

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: January 7, 2011 05:54

Did you notice that is always Keith talking about Mick. Mick always ignores Keith. It seems that Mick is a very strong influence on Keith, by Keith does not represent anything to Mick.

I think that Keith should visit a psicologist. I love Keith, he is my guitar hero, but I am getting tired of always listening Keith talking about Mick. Come on, be more intelligent. And last,why don not you devote more time in practicing and writting songs!!!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 7, 2011 05:56

I cant divorce him and he cant divorce me, but you both have tried , well he tried

Date: January 7, 2011 05:57

Who the @#$%& cares. Just get on stage alreadyconfused smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: January 7, 2011 06:01

its not that easy how would you feel if your best friend told the world you have a small dick?

Date: January 7, 2011 06:03

melillo
its not that easy how would you feel if your best friend told the world you have a small dick?
I'd whip it out and prove him wrong....and exactly when was the last time mick & keith were best friends? This seems to be some kind of romantic notion Keith has.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-07 06:09 by sweetcharmedlife.

Date: January 7, 2011 06:06

good point

Posted by: bustedtrousers ()
Date: January 7, 2011 09:02

stonescrow
Brothers today, half brothers tomorrow, bitter enemies the day after tomorrow, friendly on Tuesdays, during full moon cycles, and at weddings, but distant on Wednesdays, at funerals, and on sunny days that fall on weekends..................................................................................................................................................................NASCAR calls it the "Silly Season", I just call it RSTF (Rolling Stones Tour Foreplay)! Think I am going to become a bear!

I know it's become exceedingly bad form to criticize another poster, but will you please stop with the stupid "tour foreplay" crap. I'll give you that it was remotely clever the first time you said it, but it was old by the third, and now it's just annoying. No one else has picked up on it, it's not catching on at all, so just let it go. Please.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: January 7, 2011 09:54

I think it is telling that Keith Richards makes headlines by 'talking' about his relationship to Mick Jagger. He is not the only one - but mostly the people are "shes"... Have you ever seen Jagger doing that? No, he stands by his own.

Funnily, I have started to notice all the Keith hype and bullshit - and more Mick remains silent - has started to work for Mick in imagewise. While Keith does all his best to get rid of all the mystery in him, by showing up everywhere, givng interviews of the same cliches and drama (Mick, drugs) topics again and again, selling off his image to Walt Disney movies and all, Jagger (after hitting the low in imagewise during the 80's) has started to gather that mysterious strange charm again... Who really is that man 'everybody' talks about so much (evil)? The guy who publicly talks about music or randomly - but gracefully - shows up in Rocka n Roll Hall of Fame kind of thing...

- Doxa

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-01-07 09:58 by Doxa.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: January 7, 2011 10:03

Doxa
Jagger ... The guy who publicly talks about music

indeed, things like his BBC jukebox and the blues playlist he's just done on Rolling Stone show him to be still quite passionate and discriminating about music (not chasing club trends as keith would have it... though his own solo stuff is of course disappointingly bland for the most part).

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: January 7, 2011 12:22

cc
Doxa
Jagger ... The guy who publicly talks about music

indeed, things like his BBC jukebox and the blues playlist he's just done on Rolling Stone show him to be still quite passionate and discriminating about music (not chasing club trends as keith would have it... though his own solo stuff is of course disappointingly bland for the most part).

I was disapointed by She's the boss and Let's work too - and I listen to them as seldom as I listen to Dirty work and Undercover, but Wandering Spirit is to me a part of the Stones post-SG-canon - and though I was disappointed by Goddess' blandness at first listen, it grew on me and I still think, that first half of it is rather great. Take Joy as an example. It is catchy and brave - and not stones area. It might be polished, but I think it is an interesting tune. It expands the the picture. It is is not Exile on main street, but the old devil in mainstream pop. Which of course is to be warned against, if one thinks a stone ought to lay still and not roll.

Date: January 7, 2011 12:54

Nothing new there. He's always been saying both when talking about Mick. !"Unbearable brother". LOL!

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: January 7, 2011 13:19

Mick said very clearly that they are no brothers, and Keith said very cleary that they are no friends. What are they, only working colleges? But Mick is the only one who works, so what´s left? I am not sure if I want to see both of them on stage, smiling at each other, but knowing that this is only acting for the audience.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: January 7, 2011 13:43

Aren't male twins always brothers?

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: January 7, 2011 13:58

Tour foreplay? What "tour foreplay"? Considering how things are at this very moment, you'll be lucky if there will be a handful of shows in selected cities across the world. And they joy will quickly fade away when you hear the ticket prices which will outrule seeing (and travelling to) multiple shows for the majority here. Mark my words.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 7, 2011 20:48

elunsi
Mick said very clearly that they are no brothers, and Keith said very cleary that they are no friends. What are they, only working colleges? But Mick is the only one who works, so what´s left? I am not sure if I want to see both of them on stage, smiling at each other, but knowing that this is only acting for the audience.

I wouldn't want that either and I agree that it's Mick who does all the work. I suppose we are all hoping they will reconnect, making their smiles genuine. We can only hope!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home