Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Keith Richards on Mick Jagger: ‘We are Brothers’
Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: January 7, 2011 20:59

pgarof

“Basically, we are brothers,” he said. “I can knock him, but if anyone else does I’ll slit his throat!”

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 7, 2011 21:07

pgarof

“Basically, we are brothers,” he said. “I can knock him, but if anyone else does I’ll slit his throat!”

But why knock him at all, especially when there's no reason to? And in public??? What kind of friend does that??
I have more respect for Mick than ever, after reading Life.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: January 7, 2011 21:27

cc
Doxa
Jagger ... The guy who publicly talks about music

indeed, things like his BBC jukebox and the blues playlist he's just done on Rolling Stone show him to be still quite passionate and discriminating about music (not chasing club trends as keith would have it... though his own solo stuff is of course disappointingly bland for the most part).

...that was a nice list actually

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 7, 2011 22:41

.....Brothers heck yeah they's the Romulus & Remus of Rock&Roll....suckled by the same blues wolf

ROCKMAN

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: January 7, 2011 22:50

“Basically, we are brothers,” he said.

Dunno, maybe it's perfectly normal for brothers to ridicule each other in public. First, Jagger had Mick T contribute on Exile's extras but he has told nothing to Keith about it.
When Keith has told in interview with The Guitar World that if Taylor participated in record, he would know about it - he has made complete fool of himself.
Then Keith in revenge for it has told to the whole world that Mick has the small cock which hasn't satisfied his wife who his brother has @#$%&.
Now, that's what I call fraternal affection!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 7, 2011 23:02

Watch this from 3:20 and on

They are not doing that bad together.

And like "older brothers", you don't go around and hug eachother all the time. You get another kind of relationship - like Keith and Mick have now.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 7, 2011 23:04

TrulyMicks
pgarof

But why knock him at all, especially when there's no reason to? And in public??? What kind of friend does that??

Just an expression, don't take it word by word.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: January 7, 2011 23:20

Edith Grove
I thought Keith once said that Mick was his wife.

I wish they'd get this stuff straightened out.

And that they met in the sandbox and they can't get a divorce even if they wanted to.

Posted by: KeefintheNight82 ()
Date: January 7, 2011 23:37

mtaylor
Watch this from 3:20 and on

They are not doing that bad together.

And like "older brothers", you don't go around and hug eachother all the time. You get another kind of relationship - like Keith and Mick have now.

Yeah, a contractual kind of relationship that has to be requested by Steve Bing in order to manifest.

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: January 8, 2011 01:24

Is it just me or is anybody else here tired of hearing Keith say he's going to "slit someones throat". That old fart hasn't been in a fight with a grown-up since his daddy spanked his bottom back in 1956. Come at me with a knife you old fart and I'll stick it up your ass sideways. What a freakin' poser! Act your age geezer. You're 70 freakin' years old. You're not gonna slit ANYones throat.

As you were. Carry on.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: January 8, 2011 02:34

Duane in Houston
Is it just me or is anybody else here tired of hearing Keith say he's going to "slit someones throat". That old fart hasn't been in a fight with a grown-up since his daddy spanked his bottom back in 1956. Come at me with a knife you old fart and I'll stick it up your ass sideways. What a freakin' poser! Act your age geezer. You're 70 freakin' years old. You're not gonna slit ANYones throat.

As you were. Carry on.

Yeah, is great to pretend that you are a tough guy,when you are walking around with a couple of bodyguard,to save your ass,pathetic.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: January 8, 2011 10:41

TrulyMicks
pgarof

+1

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: January 9, 2011 01:25

Keith likes to talk. I recall KR being interviewed and asked about the song "Start Me Up".Keith replied quickly "I wrote that one". Keith you composed the music, but Mick wrote the lyrics.That is Keith for ya.
I think Mick is more private and reserved in most of his comments about his band mates.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: January 9, 2011 02:09

Quote Keith Ricahrds

Just a guess like but I reckon Mick Jagger would easily do a 'Float like a butterfly, sting like bee' on Keith in a fight, the guy's dreaming, it's more like knock yourself out Keith if you wanna think that's true..............

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1585
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home