Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Any one else worried about getting a ticket?
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 18, 2012 20:50

Now it looks as though it's definatly going to happen...who is worried that tickets are going to be hard to get hold of with it likely to be their last tour? I will be so disappointed if I cant get hold of some, I've followed tis band since i was aged 10 and seen every European tour since 76, bought all the vinyl, bought all the cd's, bought the dvd'd, the tour merchandise, the off shoots, got the tattoo, what else can a poor boy do?

Re: Any one else worried about getting a ticket?
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 18, 2012 20:52

Nothing that money can't buy.

Date: July 18, 2012 20:57

BluzDude

True enough, but seems unfair that only those with money get to see the last tour, dontcha think?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: July 18, 2012 20:59

crumbling_mice
BluzDude

True enough, but seems unfair that only those with money get to see the last tour, dontcha think?

Based on last tour ticket sales, you should not worry at all.

There will be tickets for every body.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 18, 2012 21:00

I was still in school during the last Stones tour so things are a bit different for me now. Now that I"m making my own money, I obviously have my freedom to spend my dough on whatever I choose.

But with that said, I'm bummed that I know for certain that unlike any other artists/bands that I love and have attended concerts for, with the Stones this year, I probably won't be able to afford going to multiple shows. I'd love to see them more than once but the ticket prices will most likely prohibit that. Add to that how ridiculously tough it will be to get just that one ticket--it adds to the stress of making sure I get a good one.

Date: July 18, 2012 21:03

crumbling_mice
BluzDude

I agree, but unless they play smaller venues, I don't think it will be a problem

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: July 18, 2012 21:11

crumbling_mice
what else can a poor boy do?

You could sing for a rock n roll band, but if you still want to do that ticket pool thing you were talking about, let me know. edithgrove102@hotmail.com

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()

i love it! the ticket hype has begun!

Posted by: StonesTod ()

i'm worried about getting a ticket...that i really don't want

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 18, 2012 21:14

I'm broke as hell, probably be the first tour I'll miss since Steel Wheels. sad smiley

Date: July 18, 2012 21:15

Send It To me
I'm broke as hell, probably be the first tour I'll miss since Steel Wheels. sad smiley

you've got a couple of index fingers? show up grateful dead-style....

StonesTod

What do ya mean Tod...a ticket for the Stones in a crap seat or just a ticket for the Stones?

Sometimes choiced have to be made. For me personally it was more important to get in with medium price seats and attent multiple shows. For some it will be more important to attend that one show and pay top money to sit (or stand) up front.

Date: July 18, 2012 21:17

crumbling_mice
StonesTod

What do ya mean Tod...a ticket for the Stones in a crap seat or just a ticket for the Stones?

that's an excellent question

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: July 18, 2012 21:24

Seats at a rock'n'roll show are always crap! I hope for GA shows.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 18, 2012 21:30

I am already plotting...my daughter will be going to college in NYC this fall right down the street from MSG. She has been working this summer at a big concert venue close to where we live, so I am trying to get her to take her experience and turn it into a job at MSG in the hope that she can score me a good seat. I doubt it will get me anything, but it would still be fun for her.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 18, 2012 21:32

My fear is more about ticket availablity than cost. Of course I don't want to pay ridiculous prices (not rich) but I'm willing to go fairly high even if it means seeing just one show. This is why I'm hoping for large arena if not stadium concerts. Even though most of us would prefer club shows, this may be the only way to see them. Unless of course they develop a system to get the tickets out to us. That would show they care, but somehow I doubt that is the case.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: July 18, 2012 22:02

smoking smileywell,they start from London

Date: July 18, 2012 22:08

marko
smoking smileywell,they start from London

How do you know this Marko...is it wishful thinking, informed knowledge, or plain old bollocks?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 18, 2012 22:12

I just wish they could actually take some preventive measures to make sure fans have a better chance to get tickets than the scalpers. It would be nearly impossible to 100% block them off but a few restrictions could be put in place to improve our chances. "Ticket-less" tickets would be a nice start. Buy your ticket online, bring your receipt to the venue, show your ID and you're in. AC/DC did that a few years ago.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-18 22:12 by Justin.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 18, 2012 22:13

I don't worry about tickets, I never speed. smoking smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 18, 2012 22:13

As usual, we'll find ourselves doing battle with the legitimised scalpers of today's world, and I'm quite happy to name them .... Viagogo, Seatwave, GetMeIn, Double8tickets (these are the UK ones, I'm sure there are yet more in the States & elsewhere). You can bet your arse these organisations will go into overdrive no sooner than some dates are officially announced.

To be honest, if the Rolling Stones organisation as such actually gave a toss about the grave injustice that will be served on not only diehard fans, but also LOTS of normal people who just wish to see the band (even though it is widely acknowledged it COULD well be for the last time) due to the inevitable mass scalping that will take place; then perhaps they ought to spend less time concerning themselves with the production of $6,250 bottles of whiskey and a little more about employing a sensible and fairer way of making tickets available.

I haven't got any particular suggestions myself at this moment in time as to what kind of mechanism(s) they could employ, but I'd say we're pretty much guaranteed one thing: if they just go down the Live Nation or Ticketmaster route ...................... MOST OF US STAND TO GET ROYALLY F***ED at the hands of scalpers; whether individual or operating at an organisational level. I ain't lookin' forward to it !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: July 18, 2012 22:20

Radiohead on their latest tour have a great system similar to the Ac/DC one. You buy on line and have to show ID when you turn up at the gig. I'm sure there will still be ways around this, but at least it limits the official scalpers. While I'm on with this, a word of advice on the liklihood of the Stones Fan club rearing it's ugly head and guaranteeing tickets if you pay up for the membership. The last few tours they did this the tickets were some of the worst available.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 18, 2012 22:22

You want camp out and try your best at the ticket line for me mice, I'm willing to buy your ticket(s) for you. Are you in America or Europe? peace

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 18, 2012 22:22

Justin
"Ticket-less" tickets would be a nice start. Buy your ticket online, bring your receipt to the venue, show your ID and you're in.

So when you're at the meet n greet does Charlie sign your receipt?
I'd have to bring all 16 receipts for my extended family and in-laws and neighbor and yard guy wouldn't I?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 18, 2012 22:23

Well said paulywaul. Somehow I feel i'm not getting a ticket, and they haven't even announced a tour yet. This is a record high for my anxiety level, lol. Ok StonesTod chime in with your special brand of sarcasm. I like it.winking smiley

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 18, 2012 22:32

Since 19990 I followed the Stones and as a teenager I had a rather romantic image of the band. I heard great concerts they gave,the best in 1999, Stuttgart and Cologne.A nice memory is also a theatre show with Charlie Watts and his Boogie friends in Hamburg in 2009. If I get a ticket this year I will go, if not I will not go. It is a strange and unpleasant thing to realize, but I am afraid that my time as a Rolling Stones fan is approaching towards its end.

Date: July 18, 2012 22:49

Naturalust
You want camp out and try your best at the ticket line for me mice, I'm willing to buy your ticket(s) for you. Are you in America or Europe? peace

Ha ha...I'm in the uk..I dream of the days when you could camp out overnight to get a good ticket. A much fairer way and you would have a great party while queueing!

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 18, 2012 23:25

crumbling_mice
Naturalust

Ha ha...I'm in the uk..I dream of the days when you could camp out overnight to get a good ticket. A much fairer way and you would have a great party while queueing!

There are places in the USA is is still somewhat possible. I camped to get 19th row Steel Wheels tickets, once the armbands were distributed I was second in line, I saw the ticket people flying tickets out of the machine as fast as they could and setting them to the side. I had to say, "I WANT ONE OF THOSE TICKETS" and they gave me two from that pile and 6 from the machine. Guess which two were the 19th row? Luckily we ended up getting upgraded to the second row because of production problems, a lighting tower had taken our reserved seats. I lost trust in the Ticketron operators, for sure.

I guess it's either call in some favors or pay the scalpers now? peace

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 18, 2012 23:39

Of course I'm worried, especially if they only play theatres. I am way too old to camp out on sidewalks! AND I do not relish the thought of forking over $600+ for one night...as someone said, I would do it for one big show...we'll see. The U.S economy is horrible but we do still have piles of millionaires. I don't happen to be one of them but I WILL see at least one show, God willin!

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1297
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home