Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
False news from Paris Match
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 22, 2012 15:21

URGENT - FALSE NEWS ABOUT 29 JULY & REHEARSING

THIS JUST IN ON TWITTER:

“@RollingStones: Hey fans, the Paris Match story is a fabrication. The band are NOT rehearsing @ Studio de la Grande Armée & have no plans to play the Olympia”

I figured this needed a new thread....in spite of the Forum Police. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-23 00:14 by bv.

Re: URGENT - FALSE NEWS ABOUT 29 JULY & REHEARSING
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 22, 2012 15:25

Don't worry Cocaïne Eyes .

Same as gwen 's thread.
No big deal ,there aren't going to sue you .
You found informations and all what you did was to post them here ,false or not .
I wrote Paris Match sucks,may be they are going to sue me ?winking smiley

BTW,is Twitter realable ?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 22, 2012 15:28

Thanks

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: July 22, 2012 15:28

It come from the officialStones twitter account and on a Sunday. Someone needed to get this out fast, I guess. That an L'Wren's post about Tangier.

Oh well....

Date: July 22, 2012 15:29

SwayStones
Don't worry Cocaïne Eyes .

Same as gwen 's thread.
No big deal ,there aren't going to sue you .
You found informations and all what you did was to post them here ,false or not .
I wrote Paris Match sucks,may be they are going to sue me ?winking smiley

BTW,is Twitter realable ?

YES! The Twitter account which posted the quote I gave is from the Stones' people. So......I suppose their people wanted to let the fans know what's really happening.

Oh dear..........smoking smiley

Posted by: princerupert ()
Date: July 22, 2012 15:42

Cocaine Eyes
THIS JUST IN ON TWITTER:

“@RollingStones: Hey fans, the Paris Match story is a fabrication. The band are NOT rehearsing @ Studio de la Grande Armée & have no plans to play the Olympia”

I figured this needed a new thread....in spite of the Forum Police. smoking smiley

If they are not rehearsing at LGA what is the right place where they are rehearsing and if they do not play Olympia, where will their next show be?

Date: July 22, 2012 15:50

princerupert
Cocaine Eyes
THIS JUST IN ON TWITTER:

If they are not rehearsing at LGA what is the right place where they are rehearsing and if they do not play Olympia, where will their next show be?

I was wondering the same thing. I also wonder where they are and what's happening. Paris Match and Direct France might have the places incorrect but the real story must have come from somewhere.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.confused smiley

Date: July 22, 2012 16:02

Maybe it was fake all along just to see what would happen and the interest generated? Then again it seems just a little odd that an English Rock band celebrating 50 years that has not played together for 5 would pick France.

Nothing against France. It is actually one of my favorite countries to visit and I enjoy my time there and the people, but it seems like a surprise gig would happen in London.

Oh well...

Date: July 22, 2012 16:05

rogue
Maybe it was fake all along just to see what would happen and the interest generated? Then again it seems just a little odd that an English Rock band celebrating 50 years that has not played together for 5 would pick France.

Nothing against France. It is actually one of my favorite countries to visit and I enjoy my time there and the people, but it seems like a surprise gig would happen in London.

Oh well...

I was thinking that they chose France because of the Olympics in London. I thought they didn't want to cause any more mayhem in London at this time.

Oh well.....c'est la vie! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 22, 2012 16:06

This is all hilarious .................................. !!

They are - they are not

They will - they won't

It's all true - no it's all bollocks

Here's another rumour - no wait, it's the truth I swear it ...

OK, I was lying ... it is just another rumour ...

WAKE ME UP WHEN THERE'S A REAL ANNOUNCEMENT. Meanwhile .... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 22, 2012 16:09

princerupert
Cocaine Eyes
THIS JUST IN ON TWITTER:

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 22, 2012 16:11

rogue

Oh well...

or maybe, just maybe, someone at a newspaper made it up to generate interest in their own publication.

Its pretty hard to 'disprove' 100% something that was a) supposedly secret and b) had already happened.

Nothing to see here. Pointless over-analysing it, really.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 22, 2012 16:17

could we please have an official sticky thread about all the things the stones aren't doing? it's so difficult to navigate these pages to learn about this important stuff.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 22, 2012 16:45

No "secret" gig either in Lamotte-Beuvron then? grinning smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 22, 2012 16:46

It's becoming difficult to deliniate news from non-news with respect to Tour plans. It really shows how the internet is abused. I'm not sure why folks would create bogus reports. Is this what folks do with thier free time?

Date: July 22, 2012 16:46

quote]

or maybe, just maybe, someone at a newspaper made it up to generate interest in their own publication.

Its pretty hard to 'disprove' 100% something that was a) supposedly secret and b) had already happened.

Nothing to see here. Pointless over-analysing it, really.[/quote]

Yeah, good point there, Gazza.

Does anyone know if Paris Match is known for this sort of thing?

I have not "read" it since I was a teenager and they published topless photos of Princess Stefanie of Monaco...

Ahh, the stupidity of youth.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: July 22, 2012 17:00

eye popping smileyOne hour ago, I've left my job near the palais des congres where the recording studio is located. I am just in front of it when driving to home. What!!!! So much trucks all around...

Date: July 22, 2012 17:01

Forgot to say that it is over there the last step of the TOUR DE FRANCE too >grinning smiley<

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 22, 2012 17:02

aprilfool
eye popping smileyOne hour ago, I've left my job near the palais des congres where the recording studio is located. I am just in front of it when driving to home. What!!!! So much trucks all around...

that's no reason to leave your job....

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: July 22, 2012 17:02

Paris Match is supposed to be more reliable than British tabloids. But not as reliable serious newspapers as Le Monde - and even they are wrong sometimes.

However, there is probably something about this rumor which has been around for some weeks (the Stones playing the Olympia end of july). When Madonna announced her show at the Olympia, I though some people had made a wrong connection between a major act playing the Olympia on July 26th and the Stones anniversary. Then this news comes out. As far as I know, Keith is not even at the George V - but then it's not the only hotel in Paris.

Posted by: LiveAtHidepark ()
Date: July 22, 2012 17:06

rogue

Does anyone know if Paris Match is known for this sort of thing?

Here they are kown for worse.

"Le poids des maux, le choc des photos".

Le choc, sous le pont de l'Alma.

Date: July 22, 2012 17:11

et des personnes adeptes des tweet qui fachent!>grinning smiley<

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 22, 2012 17:12

What a sneak attack that would have been. Nobody is expecting any concerts so soon.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2012 17:14

aprilfool
Forgot to say that it is over there the last step of the TOUR DE FRANCE too >grinning smiley<

hey! you april fooled me!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 22, 2012 17:26

treaclefingers
aprilfool

That's bad form in July

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: July 22, 2012 17:27

"I'll hold the ball, and you come running and kick it"

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 22, 2012 17:48

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
aprilfool

That's bad form in July

Yes, it show's an utter disregard for poorly executed humour.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 22, 2012 18:58

I have already contacted a friend who used to be the manager of sound and lights for Olympia. I will know if something is going on.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 22, 2012 19:07

What bothers me is the fact I'm just a fan. I always thought this was a great resource for Tour updates, fan input... etc... If there is true news we need to know. It seems that this board has become an outlet of personal opinions and conjecture. I have no problem with discussing social matters. We have to draw the line when it comes to Stones' news. It's really a waste of time depending on posts that have no credibility.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 22, 2012 19:09

I don't believe anything before I see it.............................

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1446
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home