Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Any one else worried about getting a ticket?
Date: July 20, 2012 22:29

It's been raining a lot so I figure if I go driving through flooded streets fast enough I might need to worry about getting a ticket. But that's if I only get caught. So...

No. Still not worried about getting a ticket.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 20, 2012 22:36

lately i've been adding anchovie-stuffed olives to my gin martinis. the results have been spectacular. pretty soon i'm even going to drink one of them.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 20, 2012 22:45

StonesTod
lately i've been adding anchovie-stuffed olives to my gin martinis. the results have been spectacular. pretty soon i'm even going to drink one of them.

you're making me both hungry and thirsty.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 20, 2012 22:54

StonesTod
serious gin drinkers prefer hendricks

and serious vodka drinker prefer Creem?

Date: July 20, 2012 22:56

BluzDude
StonesTod

i see where you're going and we're gonna just stop this nonsense right here. we'll start some new nonsense over there, shortly....

Date: July 20, 2012 22:57

StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod

i see where you're going and we're gonna just stop this nonsense right here. we'll start some new nonsense over there, shortly....

Now StonesTod, you had to go and ruin a perfectly good nonsensesmileys with beer

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 20, 2012 23:00

Gazza
Naturalust
Gazza
. Three more shows will make it 50 for me. That'd be a nice and appropriate figure to end on!

wow Gazza, maybe they should just give tickets away to anyone who can come up with 20 or more old Stones ticket stubs. That would give you yours plus one. I am impressed with 47 shows in any case. wow.

I'm thinking about working for the production crew, the band and or the venues, I can't imagine too many could top my resume in that department. angee I will try to get as many tickets as possible and can't imagine a better seat in the house than being surrounded by Swaystones, swiss, memphiscats, mickschicks and yourself. cool smiley peace

smileys with beer

Ah, theres quite a few people on here with over 100 shows. And people with none or maybe one or two who are bigger fans than I am.

The most significant part of all that is that only twice - Slane Castle 82 and 07 have I been at a Stones show where I've been able to go home the same night. Its almost always involved a flight or two.

Man, if the Rolling Stones organization doesn't seek you out, track you down and GIVE you tickets for this 50th anniversary gig I will be dismayed. That is about a fan as any band could expect. I would go so far as to say hardcore dedicated fan.

I plan only surfing destinations like you plan Rolling Stones concerts. lol It is a similar rush when the band comes out as the first ride of a perfect wave in Tahiti. Hope you will make it to the west coast of the USA for one of the shows, we could use your kind of fans. peace

Date: July 20, 2012 23:01

BluzDude
StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod

Now StonesTod, you had to go and ruin a perfectly good nonsensesmileys with beer

you're right...and it's a friday...let's celebrate and release all the locked-up nonsense!!

Date: July 20, 2012 23:05

StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod

you're right...and it's a friday...let's celebrate and release all the locked-up nonsense!!

yup, 3 more hours at the office, one hour to drive home, then party time with my favorite bottle of scotch. Last word to you Stones Tod

Date: July 20, 2012 23:06

BluzDude
StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod

yup, 3 more hours at the office, one hour to drive home, then party time with my favorite bottle of scotch. Last word to you Stones Tod

and that fave bottle is.....?

Date: July 20, 2012 23:19

glenlivet
glenfiddich, or
Johnny Walker Black
...whichever I'm in the mood for at the time is my favorite bottle.

Date: July 20, 2012 23:55

StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod

Bailey's for all!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 20, 2012 23:56

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod

Bailey's for all!

Why? Are you turning in?

Date: July 20, 2012 23:57

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod
BluzDude
StonesTod

Bailey's for all!

I'll have mine poured over some coffee ice cream!

Date: July 21, 2012 00:53

BluzDude
glenlivet
glenfiddich, or
Johnny Walker Black

oh, i could turn you on to some far, far better malts...but i'm not nice enough to....

Date: July 21, 2012 00:59

StonesTod
BluzDude
glenlivet
glenfiddich, or
Johnny Walker Black

oh, i could turn you on to some far, far better malts...but i'm not nice enough to....

Not for the price you probably couldn't StonesTod. That Royal Salute 21 year old blended works for me, after that long in the barrel those blends have learned to get along fine. peace

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 21, 2012 01:03

I like how the way this thread has gone.

Instead of going round in circles over unlikely and hypothetical tour scenarios, the conversation has ascended into a heated debate on alcohol.

In the words of Van Morrison, 'wouldnt it be great if it was like this all the time..?'

Date: July 21, 2012 01:05

Gazza
I like how the way this thread has gone.

Instead of going round in circles over unlikely and hypothetical tour scenarios, the conversation has ascended into a heated debate on alcohol.

In the words of Van Morrison, 'wouldnt it be great if it was like this all the time..?'

but it is

Date: July 21, 2012 01:06

Naturalust
StonesTod
BluzDude
glenlivet
glenfiddich, or
Johnny Walker Black

Not for the price you probably couldn't StonesTod. That Royal Salute 21 year old blended works for me, after that long in the barrel those blends have learned to get along fine. peace

price matters when it comes to some things...but not when it comes to whisky

Date: July 21, 2012 01:27

I admit I am not such a connoisseur of scotch, but I would be open to suggestions, for under $30 a bottle.......oh, and in case I forgot to mention it, I am not worried about getting a ticket. I think there may be a warrant out someplace, and the charge is hijacking.

Date: July 21, 2012 01:31

BluzDude
I admit I am not such a connoisseur of scotch, but I would be open to suggestions, for under $30 a bottle.......oh, and in case I forgot to mention it, I am not worried about getting a ticket. I think there may be a warrant out someplace, and the charge is hijacking.

under 30, eh? a cheap drunk, are you? hmmm...that's gonna take some deep thinking whilst i drink my very expensive dram...

Date: July 21, 2012 01:34

StonesTod
BluzDude

under 30, eh? a cheap drunk, are you? hmmm...that's gonna take some deep thinking whilst i drink my very expensive dram...

ya, I'll have to settle for less than $30 per bottle while saving for stones tickets.

Date: July 21, 2012 02:27

BluzDude
StonesTod
BluzDude

ya, I'll have to settle for less than $30 per bottle while saving for stones tickets.

Can't help you much either, this Royal Salute was about $150 and it is a rather small bottle. although it'll probably last till the Stones come to town. Stick with your Glen Fiddich. peace

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 21, 2012 17:00

I'm impressed with your Whiskey knowledge and experience guys. I personally can't touch the stuff. Made the fatal error of being 16 and thinking I could drink it, and boy did I drink it. Ended up with alcoholic poisoning and now even the smell of whiskey makes me wretch. Maybe I should start slowly and work my way back in.

Date: July 21, 2012 17:04

crumbling_mice
I'm impressed with your Whiskey knowledge and experience guys. I personally can't touch the stuff. Made the fatal error of being 16 and thinking I could drink it, and boy did I drink it. Ended up with alcoholic poisoning and now even the smell of whiskey makes me wretch. Maybe I should start slowly and work my way back in.

don't personally touch it, then. have someone else open the bottle and pour it down your throat.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 21, 2012 17:16

Tickets = Booze?

Date: July 21, 2012 17:27

latebloomer
Tickets = Booze?

sorta like love & marriage, horse & carriage...can't have one without the other. being as you're a latebloomer, i wouldn't expect you to understand...

Date: July 21, 2012 17:40

StonesTod
latebloomer
Tickets = Booze?

sorta like love & marriage, horse & carriage...can't have one without the other. being as you're a latebloomer, i wouldn't expect you to understand...

Oh I understand plenty StonesTod, don't let my name fool ya. Since it doesn't appear this diversion is going to end soon, I'll add my two cents. Never been a big boozer myself, mostly because I can't hold it well, a few drinks and I am done. Scotch, mostly Chivas Regal, was my Dad's drink of choice. He used to drink it straight from the bottle working outdoors on the weekends, can still remember how he reeked of scotch mixed with sweat. Worst smell in the world, stay away from it if you want company.

Date: July 21, 2012 17:51

latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer
Tickets = Booze?

Oh I understand plenty StonesTod, don't let my name fool ya. Since it doesn't appear this diversion is going to end soon, I'll add my two cents. Never been a big boozer myself, mostly because I can't hold it well, a few drinks and I am done. Scotch, mostly Chivas Regal, was my Dad's drink of choice. He used to drink it straight from the bottle working outdoors on the weekends, can still remember how he reeked of scotch mixed with sweat. Worst smell in the world, stay away from it if you want company.

the problem here is the blend. chivas. sigh. what you should be drinking is the pure stuff made by these folks...strathisla...that's your no tell, no smell scotch. and, oh by the by...it's made in little burgh in scotland called KEITH. cool place. worth a look/see...

Date: July 21, 2012 17:54

StonesTod
latebloomer
StonesTod
latebloomer
Tickets = Booze?

the problem here is the blend. chivas. sigh. what you should be drinking is the pure stuff made by these folks...strathisla...that's your no tell, no smell scotch. and, oh by the by...it's made in little burgh in scotland called KEITH. cool place. worth a look/see...

You really do know your drink, don't you? Well, the problem, as I see it, is after a few dozen swigs from the bottle, how do you know whether or not you stink?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home