Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Any one else worried about getting a ticket?
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 18, 2012 23:52

I'll wait and see what the deal is and then go with the flow. Whether they are priced high or low, it's going to be tough getting those best tickets. Hope I'm still up to the challenge.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 19, 2012 00:03

still canĀ“t see why I should worry about...whatever.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: July 19, 2012 00:38

I'm with you, mickschix. Plus, I have to admit I've Never been much of a camper-outer, even in my younger days. But as God is my witness I will see the Stones one last time.

Hey, here's an idea: my daughter just completed her first overnight camp-out for tickets to a glee event in NYC. Let's enlist our kids, nieces, nephews, and the likes to do the grunt work if we are in fact lucky enough to have a ticket line situation.
smoking smiley

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: July 19, 2012 01:28

Yes, I'm a bit worried - as always. Spesially if they start the sale to different show's at the same time. I don't think they will do clubs this time, but it can be really hard for arenaes as well.

Per-Arne

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 19, 2012 01:30

memphiscats
Hey, here's an idea: my daughter just completed her first overnight camp-out for tickets to a glee event in NYC. Let's enlist our kids, nieces, nephews, and the likes to do the grunt work if we are in fact lucky enough to have a ticket line situation.
smoking smiley

what about the grand-kids and great grand-kids?? how come they get off so easy?

Date: July 19, 2012 02:38

StonesTod
memphiscats
smoking smiley

Absolutely, ST. Any able bodies shall & will be enlisted!smoking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 19, 2012 02:49

memphiscats
StonesTod
memphiscats
smoking smiley

Hey Cats if I have to I will camp out for you and Mickschix both, truly. No worries. I only need two tckets and I'll bet they will still sell me 8 like last time. Hope you'all don't mind attending the San Francisco show. smiling smiley peace

Date: July 19, 2012 03:47

Naturalust
memphiscats
StonesTod
memphiscats
smoking smiley

Hey Cats if I have to I will camp out for you and Mickschix both, truly. No worries. I only need two tckets and I'll bet they will still sell me 8 like last time. Hope you'all don't mind attending the San Francisco show. smiling smiley peace
Sounds like a plan, man! I've a crash pad in Marin - so it's all good! Many, many thanks!
Cheers.smoking smiley

p.s. Where's Max's? Miss him! smoking smiley

Date: July 19, 2012 06:35

memphiscats
Naturalust
memphiscats
StonesTod
memphiscats
smoking smiley

Sounds like a plan, man! I've a crash pad in Marin - so it's all good! Many, many thanks!
Cheers.smoking smiley

p.s. Where's Max's? Miss him! smoking smiley

He's still around but certainly less frequently. I miss his enthusiasm and frequent graphically humourous posts and midwestern openness. Probably somewhat disillusioned from some of the dry sarcastic sometimes cruel euros that seem to hold court here.
Maybe the baseball season just has him wrapped up? Be well. peace

Date: July 19, 2012 07:08

Thanks pal.
Max's if in you're in baseball hell, just remember - you're better than the Red Sox! smoking smiley

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: July 19, 2012 07:30

Only in a forum like this would people be worried about not getting tickets to a tour that still stands a good chance of not happening.

Even IF they do tour, tickets will be easy to get. The interest just won't be there. The last Stones show I saw was the Las Vegas show in 2006, when Jagger flew to England and back after his father died. It was a really great show, and that's how I prefer to remember them. I have no desire to see what essentially will be the same 18-19 songs played over two hours that they did the last tour, and the tour before that, and the one before that. Their setlists COULD vary, but they rarely do.

I just don't want to see a bunch of 70 somethings trying vainly to recapture 40 years ago one more time. They managed to do it in 2006, but by the time they might get around to this, seven years will have passed, and at their ages, a LOT happens in that time. I just don't feel the need, and many people feel that way too. Sorry.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: July 19, 2012 07:43

If I could get a ticket for one show this time I would be happy.
More, great too, depending on travel required.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: marko ()
Date: July 19, 2012 07:43

crumbling_mice
marko
smoking smileywell,they start from London

How do you know this Marko...is it wishful thinking, informed knowledge, or plain old bollocks?

well i do know this,Keith will not get insurance for a full tour.So they have to "tour" in a diferent way.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 19, 2012 08:55

The Fanclub issue was a crab thing at least during ABB. At the moment I do not know whether I grant myself a Premium travel thing which includes best seats or if I just wait and see.

Though I was very reluctant to buy tickets again I am getting nervous as most of you do. If all those Nosayers really don't go there will be one more good seat for you and for me.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 19, 2012 09:19

gwen
Seats at a rock'n'roll show are always crap! I hope for GA shows.

A nightmare. Let the pushing and shoving begin.

Date: July 19, 2012 13:27

Well said Paulywaul, you didn't disappoint with your post on ticketing 'agencies' - imagine if the next tour was to be sponsored by British Airways.......it would be a rant-fest for you!

It would be refreshing if they could offer tickets to genuine fans, either through these message boards or by a proper pre-sale where decent seats are offered or by having a certain number of tickets for sale direct at the venue whereby you have to purchase them in person....remember that?

Date: July 19, 2012 16:07

Beast
I'll wait and see what the deal is and then go with the flow. Whether they are priced high or low, it's going to be tough getting those best tickets. Hope I'm still up to the challenge.

The deal is done! I told you so! So you don't need to wait.

Date: July 19, 2012 16:08

I'm not worried about getting a ticket.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 19, 2012 19:09

Not remotely worried.

Expensive tickets for large scale shows are always easy to get, unless you're a mug who panic buys the overpriced shitty* seats that Ticketmaster try to offload on unsuspecting customers while holding on to a lot of the better ones.

*I know they're overpriced in general, but specifically I mean the ones which are nosebleeds or half way back in the stadium/arena - but which are STILL in the most expensive price range.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 19, 2012 20:21

I've made my mind up this time that I'm going to hang on until a few days before and see what I can get...I've read what a few of you have done in the past and it seems to be the best way to get the better tickets...bit of a gamble though which knowing my luck will go horribly wrong!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 19, 2012 20:35

Gazza
Not remotely worried.

Expensive tickets for large scale shows are always easy to get, unless you're a mug who panic buys the overpriced shitty* seats that Ticketmaster try to offload on unsuspecting customers while holding on to a lot of the better ones.

*I know they're overpriced in general, but specifically I mean the ones which are nosebleeds or half way back in the stadium/arena - but which are STILL in the most expensive price range.

I think by now most of us have figured out that TM sells the crap at the back first etc etc. The point that I was trying to make is that the speculative aspect of bulk ticket purchasing by all the usual @#$%& elements in society is going to be at its worst ever I should think ........ wouldn't you ?

Possibly last ever STONES shows ... and so on. I can just see them all salivating at the prospect of scooping up as many tix as possible and hiking prices by ............................ well would YOU care to fill in the PERCENTAGE figure ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 19, 2012 20:54

To the average stones fan who will attend their shows, I think the last 2 tours, most of the fans figured it would probably be their last, so I don't see them saying "well this is probably the last time, so I will get tickets" any more than the past 2 tours. If it is marketed as a farewell tour, which I don't think they will, it might add slightly more demand, if any. Sorry for the redundancy.

Date: July 19, 2012 22:57

Long John Stoner
I have no desire to see what essentially will be the same 18-19 songs played over two hours that they did the last tour, and the tour before that, and the one before that.

you're forgetting the tour before that...oh, and the tour before THAT.

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: July 19, 2012 23:01

Lets; wait to see what kind of shows they are planning. If they are playing in small venues with shows similar to the "Stripped" style, then I will be interested in getting tix. I am not worried about it. There are alway tix if you understand how they are sold. One tip: Don't buy the first ones released on TM.
But,if the show is the same in terms of format, playlists, etc. I am taking a pass.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 19, 2012 23:09

paulywaul
Gazza
Not remotely worried.

I think by now most of us have figured out that TM sells the crap at the back first etc etc. The point that I was trying to make is that the speculative aspect of bulk ticket purchasing by all the usual @#$%& elements in society is going to be at its worst ever I should think ........ wouldn't you ?

Possibly last ever STONES shows ... and so on. I can just see them all salivating at the prospect of scooping up as many tix as possible and hiking prices by ............................ well would YOU care to fill in the PERCENTAGE figure ?

Not really that bothered.

I'll hold off on hearing what the shows are like, what the prices are like and what scams they employ before I decide what shows I go to (if any), how much I'll choose to pay and where I'll get tickets.

I'm at the stage now where whilst I'd LIKE to see the Stones perform again, for the first time I dont feel that I absolutely NEED to. Its been a good run from 1982 to 2007. Anything now is a bonus - but the days of going to over a dozen shows per tour are definitely over. A total non-starter. Three more shows will make it 50 for me. That'd be a nice and appropriate figure to end on!

Date: July 19, 2012 23:43

Gazza
. Three more shows will make it 50 for me. That'd be a nice and appropriate figure to end on!

wow Gazza, maybe they should just give tickets away to anyone who can come up with 20 or more old Stones ticket stubs. That would give you yours plus one. I am impressed with 47 shows in any case. wow.

I'm thinking about working for the production crew, the band and or the venues, I can't imagine too many could top my resume in that department. angee I will try to get as many tickets as possible and can't imagine a better seat in the house than being surrounded by Swaystones, swiss, memphiscats, mickschicks and yourself. cool smiley peace

Date: July 20, 2012 00:00

Naturalust
I'm thinking about working for the production crew, the band and or the venues, I can't imagine too many could top my resume in that department. angee I will try to get as many tickets as possible and can't imagine a better seat in the house than being surrounded by Swaystones, swiss, memphiscats, mickschicks and yourself. cool smiley peace

that's cos you haven't been surrounded by gazza, me, erik and cindy.

Date: July 20, 2012 00:42

StonesTod
Naturalust

I say we do one big IORR section at the concert(s). And for those who think this might be the last, just remember what Keith says:

ME? I'm fantastic baby!smoking smiley

Date: July 20, 2012 00:42

StonesTod
Naturalust

I dunno, do you guys whine in between songs if Keef was wobbling a bit? peace

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 20, 2012 00:52

Not really. I'd be happy if they played a show and blew everyone's minds who thought they didn't have it in them anymore. I wouldn't need to be there for that event to be proud to be a Stones fan.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1680
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home