Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Had any of you heard of Freddie Sessler before Bill German's book?
Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 3, 2015 11:31

Fred made show business connections at his brother Siegi Sessler's restaurants in London in the 1940's and 1950's. Siegi was the oldest of the seven kids. Siegi's Club patrons included Princess Margaret, Sinatra, Aga Khan, Liz Taylor. Fred claims Liz Taylor gave him oral sex in a limo but like most of his stories it was fictional and meant to entertain. Fred's sons disputed some of his stories about a concentration camp. Fred got a job as a waiter in New York's Lindy's. He met Keith in 1972 on a Stones tour. Fred never had heroin, just cocaine and pills. I met him at Keith's house. He introduced himself "I'm Fred. I've been in the cocaine business 15 years." His son Jeff was there grinding up cocaine in a small machine on the coffee table. On a Stones tour in the early 90's he got in some trouble and spent a night in a Las Vegas jail. The next day there was a letter slipped under his hotel room door from the tour management (Mick) asking him to leave the tour. Fred died on Keith's birthday Dec. 18, 2000. Age 77. He'd been on kidney dialysis two years.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 3, 2015 12:49

A night in jail? I thought he went to jail for quite awhile when he took the rap for Keith in the South when they were recording at Muscle Shoals.

Date: June 3, 2015 13:04

Bliss
A night in jail? I thought he went to jail for quite awhile when he took the rap for Keith in the South when they were recording at Muscle Shoals.

Wasn't that before they had met?

Posted by: MJ78 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 13:48

chatoyancy
Fred made show business connections at his brother Siegi Sessler's restaurants in London in the 1940's and 1950's. Siegi was the oldest of the seven kids. Siegi's Club patrons included Princess Margaret, Sinatra, Aga Khan, Liz Taylor. Fred claims Liz Taylor gave him oral sex in a limo but like most of his stories it was fictional and meant to entertain. Fred's sons disputed some of his stories about a concentration camp. Fred got a job as a waiter in New York's Lindy's. He met Keith in 1972 on a Stones tour. Fred never had heroin, just cocaine and pills. I met him at Keith's house. He introduced himself "I'm Fred. I've been in the cocaine business 15 years." His son Jeff was there grinding up cocaine in a small machine on the coffee table. On a Stones tour in the early 90's he got in some trouble and spent a night in a Las Vegas jail. The next day there was a letter slipped under his hotel room door from the tour management (Mick) asking him to leave the tour. Fred died on Keith's birthday Dec. 18, 2000. Age 77. He'd been on kidney dialysis two years.

As I understand it, this post is the closest thing to the truth as I've heard it. He did not travel with the Stones to Muscle Shoals. He didn't know them then. There are numerous photos and video snippets of MS. None to my recollection, have Sessler in them.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: June 3, 2015 13:50

Bliss

Way off.

Posted by: nellcote'71 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 14:07

i think Bliss is thinking about the 1975 Tour Arkansas incident with Keith & Ronnie...

Date: June 3, 2015 14:11

nellcote'71
i think Bliss is thinking about the 1975 Tour Arkansas incident with Keith & Ronnie...

Yep.

Posted by: Stones50 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 17:55

lucifrshmr
One of life's colorful characters. Met Freddy and Stefan in '97, and had the unfortunate meeting with Jeff in '98.
Sadly the book Freddy wanted to do never materialized before he passed away. He had much better stories than Ronnie and Keith.
VideoJames could you please drop me a email.

[/URL][/img]

I was there.

Date: June 3, 2015 17:59

Freddie was a great friend as were his sons Stefan and jeff (who both tragically died).I also say with his daughter Susan at the 1989 show in either Miami or Tampa.

Freddie got me backstage many times and introduced me to keith and Ronnie -- and also thankfully introduced me to JC who was much more, um, reliable. Freiide has this habit of disappearing after getting me in and then JC would get pissed that I did not have the proper credentials on. Not pissed at me - at Freddie. So he'd have to throw a credential/lanyard over my neck

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 18:18

DandelionPowderman
71Tele
Keith devotes more time in his book to Freddy Sessler than he does to Mick Taylor or Bill Wyman. Shows you where his affections were, if not his priorities...

Father figure...

A role I doubt Taylor or Bill wanted to or could fill smiling smiley

i think you nailed it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 3, 2015 18:33

Seems like a few posters here knew the man. I would welcome a few more stories about him. If his stories were better than Keith's as lucifrshmr says I'd love to hear a couple of them.

A few things have been posted here which don't make sense. How could "Stones management" kick this guy off a tour if he was one of Keith's guests? Was whatever he did in Vegas so bad that even Keith abandoned his long time friend? What happened? It's not hard to imagine people like Cohl and Jagger weren't to crazy about him but for Keith to allow someone else to tell him who he could hang with seems a bit out of character.

Also lucifrshmr, what are you referring to when you mention an unfortunate meeting with Jeff in 1998?

Much thanks.

peace

Date: June 3, 2015 18:48

To say Freddie was "erratic" is an understatement -see my post above. he was always getting in trouble with JC etc but he was kinda loveable.He tended to "over promise" about comp tickets or backstage tickets but that was Freddie. The amount of coke he had in his his hotel room in the Four Seasons was unreal. and on and on...

Jeff? Damn he was nuts. When we saw each other before the Houston show circa 1997 he was on the floor -- I was just off the floor - he ran over jumped over the barrier and of course fell and split open his knee. And then he gave me a Bar Babylon pass and we went backstage.

Posted by: lucifrshmr ()
Date: June 3, 2015 20:50

Naturalust
Also lucifrshmr, what are you referring to when you mention an unfortunate meeting with Jeff in 1998?

I met Jeff only one time at The Plaza in NY. He was not very pleasant that night. It might have been a bad day for him, but I don't think he had a very happy life by some of the comments made by his Dad.
Stefan on the other hand was fun to be around. I sent him many disks and shows over the years, and he enjoyed listening to the boots and early stuff. Don't know if he ever gave any to Keith or Ronnie though. I don't think he had many opportunities after he moved to Florida

Stones50
I was there.

Hot as hell that weekend down the shore, and the motel was a dump. But it was great to see Freddy for the last time and some of the stuff James K. brought with him was fun to watch.

Date: June 3, 2015 21:10

It is FreddIE, isn't it?

Thanks for the stories.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 3, 2015 21:19

i'd heard of him but honestly didnt know as much about him until recently.

it's probably not fair to call him a "drug dealer" alot of bands or famous people in general have friends who are around and also serve a particular function.

what a charactor- and you can see both sides of it.you want these colorful people around to keep things fun and interesting.as fans we dont want the band surrounded by people in pinstripe suits all the time.

but,you dont want the stones involved in a drug bust or anything to do with the authorities and derail the tour either.

is there any band who has anything close to the long story and cast of chactors as the stones?

Date: June 3, 2015 21:31

DandelionPowderman
It is FreddIE, isn't it?

Thanks for the stories.

I've read that he alternated between Freddie and Freddy at different times in his life and that he was in a Freddy phase at the end. Pretty sure he's called Freddie in Keith's book, perhaps Freddy called Keith Mr. Richard.

Thanks for the answer about Jeff lucifrshmr.

Still curious what happened in Las Vegas that got Freddy kicked off the tour. confused smiley

Mr. Sessler kind of reminds me of another (recently banned) poster here on IORR. Freddy probably wouldn't have lasted long posting here either. Ha!

peace

Date: June 3, 2015 21:57

Yes, Jeff and Stefan were quite different. In facts I think they had different Moms.

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: June 3, 2015 23:09

Freddie is on the Hampton dvd.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 3, 2015 23:17

Indeed :

@NL - I was wondering what had happened to the crazy OS...do you know what got him kicked out for good?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 3, 2015 23:33

The first time I met Freddy was in the bar after the last night in Chicago in '97. There he was sitting at the bar looking like someone's sweet, innocent grandfather. A very beautiful, obviously rich woman walked by and he leaned over to me and said, "If this were the old days I woulda had a blow job by now." Sweet he could be, innocent, no way.

Stones50, what happened to Stefan? I lost touch with him a few years ago. He joined Facebook and I didn't keep up.

Las Vegas '97.

Wildwood 1999 That's Stefan in the blue shirt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 01:02 by lucifrshmr.

Date: June 3, 2015 23:39

Stefan passed away tragically

Date: June 4, 2015 00:57

Stones 50 could you drop me an email please.

Date: June 4, 2015 01:58

Freddy also had a tongue tattooed on his arm. He said it was covering his concentration camp number. "I beat @#$%&" was one of his many sayings, with that wide grin on his face.
He also told me he did many a 'line' with Louie Armstrong. Imagine those two together!

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: June 4, 2015 06:33

Fred spelled his name both Freddy and Freddie. It delighted him to confuse people that way. He was married three times but he was with Terry Hood nine years, longer than all his marriages combined, she said. Terry lived in Florida which is why Fred lived there for awhile.

The reason Fred was asked to leave the tour in Las Vegas was because of the fear that the crew was doing too many drugs. Too much cocaine can cause a heart attack. It's happened to many musicians, for example the Who's bass player John Entwistle died in Las Vegas before a tour from a cocaine-caused heart attack during sex. Cocaine plus sex can be deadly. Fred supplied women he called Sesslerettes. In 2013 the auction house Bonham's sold a few faxes from Keith to Fred written in the 1990's. One requests that women be sent to Redlands for a party.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-04 09:32 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 4, 2015 11:52

'The Sesslerettes' - love it!

Date: June 4, 2015 13:12

gotdablouse
Indeed :

@NL - I was wondering what had happened to the crazy OS...do you know what got him kicked out for good?

The dead hooker jokes.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: June 4, 2015 13:40

MJ78
gotdablouse
Indeed :

The dead hooker jokes.

They were jokes?

Date: June 4, 2015 13:58

Just for the record all the Columbus hooker references were jokes. And I know he apologized to BV for them. I am not OS but I do know who HE is and HE really is only about the Stones and has done many wild things over the years to go to Stones shows.

He really, truly did it.

Date: June 4, 2015 20:46

Gotcha

Date: June 4, 2015 21:31

MJ78
gotdablouse

The dead hooker jokes.

...and I thought it was his posts about food. winking smiley Who knows what motivates our moderator to pull his Dirty Harry routine but it's obvious that this fellow is back. Not sure why he is denying his previous incarnation, perhaps he snuck back in.

As someone who had been banned and re-invited back it's my experience that we keep our screen names. Maybe losing his was a condition for re-entry.

My infraction many years ago was posting a Keith interview I stumbled across on the internet. It had some rather strange stuff in it and I just assumed Keith was a bit drunk. But I was told this was not a real interview and I indeed should have had a bit better judgement in posting it here. Live and learn.

peace

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1745
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home