Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Listening to Sticky Deluxe on Spotify
Posted by: jonnylamar ()
Date: June 5, 2015 10:17

I am a big fan of spotify and cueing up a stones playlist today lo and behold all the new sticky tracks are on there. for my $10 a month I am rapt. The sound of the live tracks is better than ya yas I think and certainly better than the old roundhouse and leeds bootlegs

Re: Listening to Sticky Deluxe on Spotify
Date: June 5, 2015 10:39

More thoughts on spotify for stones fans everything they have released is on there even the live 1965 tracks from the Charlie is my darling box. But I feel slightly guilty paying only 10$ a month for all this , I wonder how much the bands get paid for having their whole catalogue available for a pittance ? Regardless I am listening to the new sticky fingers 3 days at least before it is officially released . Thank you spotify who ever you are

Date: June 5, 2015 11:05

No Security and 40 Licks are missing. I can only see the outtakes from SF Deluxe there, btw. Which country are you from?

Date: June 5, 2015 11:16

I am in Australia and all 3 versions are on. Original remastered, deluxe and super deluxe. And yes No security is missing from spotify, maybe I have tried to foget it after listening to dave Matthews ruin memory motel for me

Date: June 5, 2015 11:17

jonnylamar
I am in Australia and all 3 versions are on. Original remastered, deluxe and super deluxe. And yes No security is missing from spotify, maybe I have tried to foget it after listening to dave Matthews ruin memory motel for me

LOL!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 5, 2015 11:24

Yes, it all there from the Sticky Fingers Super Deluxe! The Roundhouse, Leeds..
Thanks for the tip, jonny!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 5, 2015 12:17

jonnylamar
More thoughts on spotify for stones fans everything they have released is on there even the live 1965 tracks from the Charlie is my darling box. But I feel slightly guilty paying only 10$ a month for all this , I wonder how much the bands get paid for having their whole catalogue available for a pittance ? Regardless I am listening to the new sticky fingers 3 days at least before it is officially released . Thank you spotify who ever you are

Here's your answer : Leaked Spotify Contract Reveals Sony’s Streaming Rates, Advances

"In section 4(a), Spotify agrees to pay a $25 million advance for the two years of the contract: $9 million the first year and $16 million the second, with a $17.5 million advance for the optional third year to Sony Music. [...] But what the contract doesn’t stipulate is what Sony Music can and will do with the advance money. Does it go into a pot to be divided between Sony Music’s artists, or does the label keep it to itself? According to a music industry source, labels routinely keep advances for themselves."

The whole article is worth the reading.

Date: June 5, 2015 12:20

1 norwegian krone is roughly 1/8 of a US dollar. Everytime a song plays on Spotify, the artist will get 3/100 of a norwegian krone.

That says it all... They get the exposure, though, and no doubt people will buy more of your records if they like it.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 5, 2015 12:23

DandelionPowderman
1 norwegian krone is roughly 1/8 of a US dollar. Everytime a song plays on Spotify, the artist will get 3/100 of a norwegian krone.

That says it all... They get the exposure, though, and no doubt people will buy more of your records if they like it.

Yes, it should be more seen like listening to the radio but with a monthly fee (so that you don't get the annoying DJ and the adds...)

Date: June 5, 2015 12:29

Exactly!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 5, 2015 12:32

Its not in the US version.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 5, 2015 13:00

Spotify is giving way too little money to artists and too much to record companies, but it's not the Stones' economy you should feel guilty about. drinking smiley

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: June 5, 2015 13:01

The only Stones releases I miss on Spotify are the vaults albums, like Brussels and LA Friday.

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: June 5, 2015 18:54

RollingFreak

Because it hasn't been released in the US yet, right?

Don't feel bad about paying 10 dollars a month because I only use Spotify online and don't pay anything...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 5, 2015 19:10

alieb
RollingFreak

Because it hasn't been released in the US yet, right?
Yes, that is true. Ah, I thought the OP was saying it was on there early. My bad!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home