Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: Track Talk: Hand Of Fate
Date: February 2, 2017 12:03

HonkeyTonkFlash
Another thought on the A major vs. A minor...If he's not playing the third interval at all,let's compromise and say it's neither...It's A no 3rd. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Theoretically it's an a- minor, but Keith plays a powechord, leaves any third out.
A Jimi Hendrix A7#9 contains both a minor and major third, but unfortunately that's not in the Stones and Stones' nerds vocabulary. I bet Wayne Perkins considered it.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 2, 2017 12:14

TheflyingDutchman
HonkeyTonkFlash
Another thought on the A major vs. A minor...If he's not playing the third interval at all,let's compromise and say it's neither...It's A no 3rd. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Theoretically it's an a- minor, but Keith plays a powechord, leaves any third out.
A Jimi Hendrix A7#9 contains both a minor and major third, but unfortunately that's not in the Stones and Stones' nerds vocabulary. I bet Wayne Perkins considered it.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Perkins used even fewer strings in his rhythm playing on HOF (focusing mainly on the d and g-string / backstroke). A good fit to Keith's riffing, imo.

Check out Out Of Control live (the bridges) for some Keith playing, where he combines minor and major.

Date: February 2, 2017 12:17

DandelionPowderman
TheflyingDutchman
HonkeyTonkFlash

Perkins used even fewer strings in his rhythm playing on HOF (focusing mainly on the d and g-string / backstroke). A good fit to Keith's riffing, imo.

Check out Out Of Control live (the bridges) for some Keith playing, where he combines minor and major.

I know that track (HoF) inside out DP, just joking. That Hendrix chord sounds funny if your ears are open for it. Don't try it in a Stones cover band though, they'll kick you out.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2611
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home