Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: Ronnie In Concert - London 19th October
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 24, 2010 15:07

Gazza
Beast
Are you all sitting down? Cos you'll need to be.

Rows 3 - 6 are $495 via Fan Asylum.

Of course, don't forget the autographed CD, 2 drinks and laminate pass...

Good old Ronnie. Keepin' it real. £300 a ticket to see Ronnie Wood premiere new solo material, with the tease that a few unnamed special guests *might* show up and the promise of a Cd which is worth about £9, a worthless laminate and 'free' drinks sounds like jagger/cohl have been giving ronnie advice.

You honestly couldnt make this shit up.

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: September 24, 2010 15:31

gwen
£100 is more than 1 working day for an average worker in england. Probably closer to 2 or 3 days for most people.

Yeah I have a friend in York, and he says the same thing. It's rough all over. Of course, everything the Stones do is in a vacuum anyway, like in '69 when they asked Jagger if they were charging too much and he says, 'I have no idea what people can afford'.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 24, 2010 15:38

gwen
£100 is more than 1 working day for an average worker in england. Probably closer to 2 or 3 days for most people.

a 100 quid for three days of work??? your having a laugh! That would be well below minimum wage, Things are bad here but probably no worse then most of Europe and the States. I think the average full time employee would be on about 100 pounds a day and more if they live in London.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-24 15:47 by Ket.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 24, 2010 15:46

Brue
Gazza
gwen
Well maybe Ronnie is pricing the "public sales" tickets more in the £100 range...

In which case, he has serious delusions of grandeur. Think it was about £40 at the most to see him in 2005. Being tabloid fodder for the last couple of years doesnt make him suddenly a hot attraction musically. Can understand that kind of dough for the Stones, but Ronnie?

I think Ronnie's last album sold about 5,000 copies. As a solo attraction, he's not a big deal. £100 to see him play a few songs that hardly anyone will buy for just over an hour in a theatre?

Unless you're guaranteed a superstar line up, anyone who pays that is off their tits.

Must be rough over in merry old Engerland. Only takes me about 3 hours to make that much.

Aren't you just fantastic? Yeah. Everyone should be capable of taking home £60k a year. Elitist nonsense.

And how often to you get a chance to watch the Woodman play?

Who cares? You're making him sound like he has a solo career to rival Bob Dylan or the guitar chops of Segovia. He's a journeyman guitarist doing a solo project that has minimal interest - even amongst fans of the band he happens to be a member of.

If he was the big deal you're making him out to be, he'd be touring behind this record in larger venues, not having to rely on celebrity friends to fill a club.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-24 15:59 by Gazza.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 24, 2010 15:55

100 pounds net in one working day? If an average month has 20 working days, that's 2000 pounds a month AFTER tax. I don't think so...(to clarify, I don't think that's the average)

And Brue, a plumber can charge 100$ an hour too, but how many hours can he charge per month... besides, there is something so incredibly arrogant about your sentence... does it make you feel proud when you post something like that? Do you feel better than the average IORR poster then?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-24 15:56 by Lorenz.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: September 24, 2010 16:05

Lorenz
100 pounds net in one working day? If an average month has 20 working days, that's 2000 pounds a month AFTER tax. I don't think so...(to clarify, I don't think that's the average)

Your probably right in net earnings, I was thinking in gross that the average was about £100

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 24, 2010 16:05

Didn't want to start a war here.

I don't live in the UK, just did a quick calculation based on average revenue (public statistics)...

Just didn't think that for most, a few hours at work would pay a ticket to Ronnie Wood.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 24, 2010 16:20

Brue
Must be rough over in merry old Engerland. Only takes me about 3 hours to make that much. And how often to you get a chance to watch the Woodman play?

welcome to the forums Mr Cohl.

Date: September 24, 2010 16:31

Gazza
Brue
Gazza
gwen
Well maybe Ronnie is pricing the "public sales" tickets more in the £100 range...

In which case, he has serious delusions of grandeur. Think it was about £40 at the most to see him in 2005. Being tabloid fodder for the last couple of years doesnt make him suddenly a hot attraction musically. Can understand that kind of dough for the Stones, but Ronnie?

I think Ronnie's last album sold about 5,000 copies. As a solo attraction, he's not a big deal. £100 to see him play a few songs that hardly anyone will buy for just over an hour in a theatre?

Unless you're guaranteed a superstar line up, anyone who pays that is off their tits.

Must be rough over in merry old Engerland. Only takes me about 3 hours to make that much.

Aren't you just fantastic? Yeah. Everyone should be capable of taking home £60k a year. Elitist nonsense.

Who cares? You're making him sound like he has a solo career to rival Bob Dylan or the guitar chops of Segovia. He's a journeyman guitarist doing a solo project that has minimal interest - even amongst fans of the band he happens to be a member of.

If he was the big deal you're making him out to be, he'd be touring behind this record in larger venues, not having to rely on celebrity friends to fill a club.

I figured I'd rile somebody up. Who cares what you think? Comparing Ronnie to SEGOVIA?? Hey what about Django Rheihart? Hell, he didn't even have five fingers on his left hand and look how he played!
It's only one show. It ain't like he's going around the globe at those prices. And even if he was, complaining about it ain't gonna change the guy's mind. Either you go to the show, or you wait for a shakey video to come out on YouTube. Those are the only choices you get. Pick one. At least you're in the vicinity of where he's playing. Try adding a plane ticket and hotel on top of those prices.

Date: September 24, 2010 16:35

Lorenz

And Brue, a plumber can charge 100$ an hour too, but how many hours can he charge per month... besides, there is something so incredibly arrogant about your sentence... does it make you feel proud when you post something like that? Do you feel better than the average IORR poster then?

Ok, it takes four hours. Hey - it took me the better part of three decades to get here, and I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I've missed plenty of shows because I couldn't afford it, if it makes you feel any better.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: September 24, 2010 16:51

What is it about Django Reinhardt then? confused smiley

Date: September 24, 2010 16:52

Well Brue, you're righ about the choice that is to be made. Doesn't mean that these shows are the wisest marketing choice. The Stones themselves play $10 promotional shows before expensive tours and even overcharged tickets to stadium shows on the Licks tour in order to undercharge the theatre shows...

It's similar to the Wingless Angels pricing. I'm ok with the very exclusive signed edition, limited to 100 and priced accordingly - it sold out. However many would have been happy to shell out $100 for a deluxe edition but feel $250 is way too much. So instead they just buy the $20 edition...

Date: September 24, 2010 17:29

Brue
Gazza
Brue
Gazza
gwen

I figured I'd rile somebody up. Who cares what you think? Comparing Ronnie to SEGOVIA?? Hey what about Django Rheihart? Hell, he didn't even have five fingers on his left hand and look how he played!
It's only one show. It ain't like he's going around the globe at those prices. And even if he was, complaining about it ain't gonna change the guy's mind. Either you go to the show, or you wait for a shakey video to come out on YouTube. Those are the only choices you get. Pick one. At least you're in the vicinity of where he's playing. Try adding a plane ticket and hotel on top of those prices.

Er...I dont live in England. So I WOULD be adding a plane ticket and hotel accommodation on top of that... eye rolling smiley

Date: September 25, 2010 04:39

dead.flowers
What is it about Django Reinhardt then? confused smiley

His left hand was deformed. He played with only two fingers.

Posted by: mark01942 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 16:12

I just tried to order a single ticket for myself (a devoted fan). It wouldnt let me because I only wanted one seat. I was going to drive 200+miles to see Ronnie then another 200+ back again after the show. Not sure who's wacky idea the 2 tix only rule is, but quite frankly, they can shove it up their arse. Theyre overpriced anyway, I'm not rich, but can have a week in the sun for the money this would have cost. I'll listen to Ronnies CD on the beach and watch the footage on YouTube. Ha!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:17

Tried for 2 tickets this morning. got thru, but the end process failed.
one ticket was 95 Pound.
well maybe another time.
jeroen

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: September 27, 2010 18:17

I've got a feeling that this may not be quite the sell out that dury lane was.

Date: September 27, 2010 18:32

I think there are only a few tickets left from cancelled translations or curious fans that didn't really wanted to attend the show. 6 seats left in the circle for the 7.30pm show, 10 in the stalls left for the 10.30pm show.

The annoying thing is that cancelled transactions are blocking the seats for a while (I think 20 minutes on this site), and later clients are offered worse tickets. People who bought a circle ticket this morning could easily get a stalls tonight...

Date: September 27, 2010 18:55

mark01942
I just tried to order a single ticket for myself (a devoted fan). It wouldnt let me because I only wanted one seat. I was going to drive 200+miles to see Ronnie then another 200+ back again after the show. Not sure who's wacky idea the 2 tix only rule is, but quite frankly, they can shove it up their arse. !

This gets more barmy by the minute.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: September 27, 2010 18:57

Single tickets certainly now available Mark01942 if you're still interested.I just reserved G18 Circle for the 7.30 at £122.50 and now cancelled it - it really is just too much (unless it's The Rolling Stones)

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 27, 2010 18:58

There is no rule to stop you buying just one... (indeed that would be ridiculous!)

Date: September 27, 2010 19:17

I bought a single ticket this morning without a problem. And the Ambassador even exchanged it without a problem when I noticed on their website that a better one at equal price was available...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 27, 2010 20:47

gwen
I bought a single ticket this morning without a problem. And the Ambassador even exchanged it without a problem when I noticed on their website that a better one at equal price was available...

Just checked... bought one ticket

ronnie tickets-what time in london
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 27, 2010 11:31

hi,
i live in Holland.
this means 11.00 is 10.00 am London time??

Re: ronnie tickets-what time in london
Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: September 27, 2010 11:34

yes,

and good luck - see you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-27 11:35 by austrianstones.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 27, 2010 11:39

Hope BV will find a local pub we can meet.

TE
Oslo

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 27, 2010 11:49

10 minutes to go and still no change on the ambassadors theatre website, they're still as yet selling only these $495 jobs ????????

[www.theambassadorstheatre.co.uk]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:03

early show sold out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-27 12:10 by TooTough.

Date: September 27, 2010 12:06

It's OK, phoned 'em .......

Date: September 27, 2010 13:30

TE
Hope BV will find a local pub we can meet.

TE
Oslo

[maps.google.co.uk]

It's slap in the centre of the west end theatre district, there's about a million and one places to meet up in, take yer pick !

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1793
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home