Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: ronnie tickets-what time in london
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 27, 2010 14:44

Tickets still seem to be available for both shows.

11 different types of tickets (excluding the fanasylum nonsense) and 6 different prices.

£150, £125, £120, £95, £85, £40.

An insanely wide range for a 380-seat venue. How bad can a £40 seat really be?

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 14:47

No thanks Ronnie, not at these prices! I might have stretched to £60 - but £85 for the junk seats in the house, £150 for the better ones left after fan club pickings...I know when to put my wallet back in my pocket. Have a good time, I'll enjoy spending my money elsewhere.

Or am I mad because I have just drawn a line in the sand about £50 short of having a "great experience" with Ronnie and hangers-on?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 27, 2010 15:51

I've decided to pass.

To all those going: have a blast!

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 27, 2010 15:55

I am not going - not because I can't afford it, but because I think the prices are ridiculous. those 40 pound places are standing places in the aisles, it seems...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:21

It´s expensive, yes. If there was only one show,
it would be easier to pay 85. But I would go to both
shows, if I was there.

Anyway, not going because I´m in Berlin that week.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:31

Just read that you need to order 2 tickets for one show.

First I was bit sad not to go. But now it´s OK that it´s without me.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:31

The whole things a fiasco! Looking forward to seeing Pete Bruntnall band at the grey horse ,kingston on friday night for zilch, and October 27th 3rd row arena Jeff Beck Band at the Albert Hall for £45.Ronnie realy is taking the piss for charging those sort of prices for unheard material.A bigthumbs downfrom me.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:33

Looking forward to hearing the reports!
Seeing him in a small bit of playing on Jimmy Fallon the other
night, (and in tapes from Clapton's guitarfest) he seemed to be playing great. And of course, the Faces reviews said the same.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:36

paulywaul
TE
Hope BV will find a local pub we can meet.

TE
Oslo

[maps.google.co.uk]

It's slap in the centre of the west end theatre district, there's about a million and one places to meet up in, take yer pick !

Only been to 2-3 around there. One a heck of a tourist trap, others ok'ish. Bet someone can decide on a place.
TE
Oslo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-27 17:38 by TE.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:53

Albert Hall Capacity = 5,544 x £45 = £249,480
Ambassadors Theatre Capacity = 380 x £100 = £38,000

The average Ronnie ticket price is inline with that of the Stones in a stadium! It isn't consistent to complain about large venues and not be prepared to pay a higher price for a smaller one. No one is right or wrong, it is about personal choice. I would much rather pay £150 to see Ronnie in a genuine club as opposed to the Stones in a Stadium.

Let's do that calculation for the Stones pretending the tickets only cost £75 average. In a 60,000 seater stadium that is £4.5m.

I can assure you Ronnie is very unlikely to make a dime out of this gig and it's a lot of work for many people to put it on. My thanks go to Ronnie for allowing me the choice to see him do what he does best!

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: September 27, 2010 17:56

i'm giving it a miss - prices are not for me on this occasion.

Date: September 27, 2010 19:11

mattleeuk

The average Ronnie ticket price is inline with that of the Stones in a stadium! It isn't consistent to complain about large venues and not be prepared to pay a higher price for a smaller one. No one is right or wrong, it is about personal choice. I would much rather pay £150 to see Ronnie in a genuine club as opposed to the Stones in a Stadium.

Let's do that calculation for the Stones pretending the tickets only cost £75 average. In a 60,000 seater stadium that is £4.5m.

I can assure you Ronnie is very unlikely to make a dime out of this gig and it's a lot of work for many people to put it on. My thanks go to Ronnie for allowing me the choice to see him do what he does best!

Thats all very well, Matt if you equate Ronnie as being equal in status to the Stones. I doubt very many people would.

Also, there's two shows, not one, so thats a gross of £76,000 plus the Fan Asylum packages.

I doubt he'll be out of pocket with a gross of £76k for the evening. If he wants to make a few quid, then why not go on the road for a couple of weeks?

Wouldnt it have made more sense to have played the show in a larger theatre and made the prices more affordable, say like Drury Lane was? (2,000 tickets @ £40 = £80,000). I dont recall too many people at that show complaining that the venue was too cavernous and that it wasnt intimate enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-27 19:12 by Gazza.

Ronnie Tickets: What is Encore Audit Number ???
Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:25

Sorry, I am just trying to buy my ticket online. What is the "Encore Audit Number "in the checkout?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-27 12:39 by Stoneswolf.

Re: Ronnie Tickets: What is Encore Audit Number ???
Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:38

Don't know what it is, but you can ignore that when checking out.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:55

upps, then the system does not like my new visa card.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: September 27, 2010 12:58

The "System" expired my session when I was cashing out a stalls K something... Then was offered a Circle G... At the moment, stalls K & L are still popping out... Probably cancelled transactions.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 27, 2010 13:53

gwen
The "System" expired my session when I was cashing out a stalls K something... Then was offered a Circle G... At the moment, stalls K & L are still popping out... Probably cancelled transactions.

Try telephoning .....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Room1009 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 14:49

paulywaul
gwen

Try telephoning .....

Nope, well not in my case - they are only taking bookings over the web, no telephone sales

Re: Ronnie In Concert - London 19th October
Date: September 27, 2010 22:11

I have spares for both shows. Face value + fees + a beer. Send private message.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 27, 2010 22:14

Got tix for both shows and it´s going to be a great evening!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 27, 2010 22:19

latvianinexile

Do you have a 40£ ticket for the first show?

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: September 28, 2010 00:54

I've buy 4 tickets, with accredit on my credit card but i don't have received notice or email from Theatre.
Someone have the same problems?
Sici

Posted by: mark01942 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 00:59

Glad I'm not the only hardcore Stones fan DECIDING not to attend. If Ronnie goes on tour, I'd happily go see him somewhere more local. After all lets be honest, the only reason ANY of us wants to go is because he's a "Stone"!
Hence theyre "trying it on" with the prices.

My money will be better spent watching the two GREAT Stones tribute/cover bands that are up north in a few weeks.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: September 28, 2010 01:05

Sici, same here mate but got reference from booking. I don't think it's anthing to worry about, their technology isn't close to Ticketmasters. Give them a ring if you're bothered about it.

Date: September 28, 2010 01:08

Harm
latvianinexile

Do you have a 40£ ticket for the first show?

85£ for first show. Private message please.

Date: September 28, 2010 01:12

Sici
I've buy 4 tickets, with accredit on my credit card but i don't have received notice or email from Theatre.
Someone have the same problems?
Sici

Your order probably didnt‘t get through. You should have gotten a confirmation email. Call the theatre to find out.

Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: September 28, 2010 01:17

Gazza
mattleeuk

Thats all very well, Matt if you equate Ronnie as being equal in status to the Stones. I doubt very many people would.

Also, there's two shows, not one, so thats a gross of £76,000 plus the Fan Asylum packages.

I doubt he'll be out of pocket with a gross of £76k for the evening. If he wants to make a few quid, then why not go on the road for a couple of weeks?

Wouldnt it have made more sense to have played the show in a larger theatre and made the prices more affordable, say like Drury Lane was? (2,000 tickets @ £40 = £80,000). I dont recall too many people at that show complaining that the venue was too cavernous and that it wasnt intimate enough.

Gazza, I don't equate Ronnie to the Stones but I would rather pay my £150 to see Ronnie in a club as opposed to the Stones in a Stadium. That is just my personal choice.

£76k doesn't actually go that far when you count the security, sound, lighting, theatre hire, rehearsal studio, guest musician travel & expenses etc...(& VAT!).

If £76k is a fair gross then why isn't Jeff Beck only charging £13 at the Albert Hall or the Stones £5 in a stadium (allowing them to gross £76k each).

To be fair to Ronnie he is being active and giving his fans something to look forward to. Having the choice to attend these shows is way better than nothing! This is not about the money, it is about doing what he enjoys.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 28, 2010 01:24

mattleeuk
To be fair to Ronnie he is being active and giving his fans something to look forward to.....This is not about the money, it is about doing what he enjoys.

I truly believe you Matt. Wish I could be there.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: September 28, 2010 01:27

anybody, please, has a spare ticket for the afternoon show? if so, could you please contact me to
silvertrain@telefonica.net

thanks in advance

Date: September 28, 2010 01:30

I'm not saying it's a 'fair gross' in general, Matt I'm saying its a 'fair gross' because he's choosing to have a show in a club instead of somewhere bigger - which he could fill if he priced it right. We'll agree to disagree on the 'not about the money' thing - to you, its about doing what he enjoys, to me it's more proof that like the rest of the band, hes completely out of touch with his audience and the whole point of rock n roll in general (which was never really supposed to be elitist)

I've seen bigger and better acts than Ronnie play a club and charge FAR less than that.

He's in the same boat as every other act when it comes to having overheads. It costs the same money to hire a band to rehearse for a club show than it does for them to play a theatre - and there isnt much difference in crew costs etc.

As you say, its personal choice. Personally, I think asking £150 for a Ronnie Wood club show which will probably last about 70-80 minutes is completely taking the piss - but thats me, and its my choice to pass on it. For those, like yourself, who have decided its worth the money, I sincerely hope you all have a great time and that its as special as Drury Lane was.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-28 01:32 by Gazza.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home