Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
IORR member tribute LP?
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 8, 2010 06:08

I used to be on an Elvis Costello board and the members recorded a tribute LP. Everyone who wanted to claimed a song and did it. With all the musicians here I wonder if this has been attempted by IORR members for the Stones.

Re: IORR member tribute LP?
Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 8, 2010 06:48

great idea (for others ... i don't play an instrument). they've had 2 albums of fan covers on the Paul Westerberg site.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: September 8, 2010 07:30

Yeah we did it here about 5 years ago or so. I still have the CD. THere was such a big response, we ended up having a two volume set! Lots of cool versions on there. Don't remember who organized it though. I remember it was a nice effort.

Still, though would be cool to another round of it...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: September 8, 2010 08:19

be happy to lend a nose whistle wherever it is called for

Posted by: cc ()
Date: September 8, 2010 08:34

interesting idea... the previous version must have been slightly before my time. Anyone recall what tracks were done?

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: September 8, 2010 11:03

ok, who starts it and who overlooks it etc???

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: September 8, 2010 11:13

Sounds a fantastic idea...can play most of the stones' songs, but I'm afraid the singing just doesn't cut it!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 9, 2010 03:06

I found versions of It's All Over Now, Gimme Shelter & Last Time recorded on a reel to reel at a wine and cheese party we did back around 1976 or 1977. We recently transferred it to CD, faults and all. I could submit one of those, or I bet in the LA area there are a number of musicians on this board (like Justin) where a collaboration can be done.

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: September 9, 2010 10:11

Christ - no - fans paying tribute on cd is an effing nightmare.
I blush, on behalf of the musicians, when listening - and they ought to blush themselves, too. And promis never ever to do anything like that again.
Eartorture is a terrible deed.

Date: September 9, 2010 10:12

I think it was Jumping Jack Kent and Lorenz that made the tribute songs. I remember Dead Flowers being one of the tracks.

Posted by: chrismusic ()
Date: September 9, 2010 15:52

Count me in ...No Expectations.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 9, 2010 17:18

Addicted

I hope that doesn't include Keith's participation on Hail Hail Rock and Roll.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 9, 2010 19:11

CindyC
Addicted

you are very funny ! really.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 9, 2010 19:19

:-) Thanks - I'm here all week!

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: keith1978 ()
Date: September 9, 2010 19:19

CindyC
Addicted

Pure class winking smiley

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: September 9, 2010 19:35

DandelionPowderman
I think it was Jumping Jack Kent and Lorenz that made the tribute songs. I remember Dead Flowers being one of the tracks.

Damn, I feared someone would remember! It was fun but it sounds so bad (my guitar was way out of tune I remember it was a dirt cheap Ibanez that couldn't stay in tune for a minute). We only recorded 1-2 songs though, there were others too (and they were much better I think).

Stikkyfinger was active then, we actually sent around a couple of songs on the net and everyone added a bit. Should be even more so possible these days with better programs and computers. I'd love to do it again grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-09-09 19:36 by Lorenz.

Date: September 9, 2010 19:35

CindyC
:-) Thanks - I'm here all week!
awesome .

Date: September 10, 2010 00:04

BluzDude
in the LA area there are a number of musicians on this board (like Justin) where a collaboration can be done.

I'm down!winking smiley

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: September 10, 2010 00:16

Great idea, my band (Fendahlene) would love to do it.

www,fendahlene.com

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: September 10, 2010 00:54

Me...jumping jack flash.

Go Dawgs!

Date: September 10, 2010 03:05

Justin
Yeah we did it here about 5 years ago or so. I still have the CD. THere was such a big response, we ended up having a two volume set! Lots of cool versions on there. Don't remember who organized it though. I remember it was a nice effort.

Still, though would be cool to another round of it...

Yikes...apologies folks. Just dug up the CD and found that we did not do it here but over at the Shidoobee board. So, I guess we never did it here...

If we wanna make it totally easy on ourselves, we can just send the mp3's to one person, they can organize them how they see fit and maybe put the files somewhere we can download? Unless of course people prefer having a CD of this project...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 10, 2010 03:12

I have refined my idea. What if we choose a particular Stones album (my preference would be Exile, but that's probably too ambitious) and everyone takes a song. Then we sequence them in the same order as the original album. Maybe too much, but what the heck. Just throwin' it out there...

Date: September 10, 2010 03:23

Nice idea. Depending on the contributions from the board...we might have to do sa couple different albums to fit everyone in? Or we might have several versions of the 1 album we choose?

Date: September 10, 2010 10:20

Lorenz
DandelionPowderman

Damn, I feared someone would remember! It was fun but it sounds so bad (my guitar was way out of tune I remember it was a dirt cheap Ibanez that couldn't stay in tune for a minute). We only recorded 1-2 songs though, there were others too (and they were much better I think).

Stikkyfinger was active then, we actually sent around a couple of songs on the net and everyone added a bit. Should be even more so possible these days with better programs and computers. I'd love to do it again grinning smiley

Don´t think about the tuning. It´s the feel and dedication that counts, and there was nothing wrong with that winking smiley thumbs up

Date: September 10, 2010 10:54

I'am in for a GYYYO (M.Rambler,Sft Devil or SF Man) with some fellow musicians.
Deadline not before X-Mas.

Date: September 10, 2010 12:06

I recorded a few songs some years ago, so my stuff is ready winking smiley

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: September 10, 2010 13:42

Amsterdamned

My band, The Crawlin' Kingsnakes from Kristiansand in Norway, did just that last Saturday. It was exactly 40 years since it's release and we did the whole album including the bonus tracks to a great audience at a club here. GREAT! Give us any song from the album and we'll do it! smiling smiley

Posted by: Niklas ()
Date: September 10, 2010 13:43

71Tele
I have refined my idea. What if we choose a particular Stones album (my preference would be Exile, but that's probably too ambitious) and everyone takes a song. Then we sequence them in the same order as the original album. Maybe too much, but what the heck. Just throwin' it out there...

If Exile is chosen, give me and my band The Crawlin' Kingsnakes All down the line! It's a killer song and we've done it for years.

Date: September 10, 2010 15:04

Niklas
Amsterdamned

My band, The Crawlin' Kingsnakes from Kristiansand in Norway, did just that last Saturday. It was exactly 40 years since it's release and we did the whole album including the bonus tracks to a great audience at a club here. GREAT! Give us any song from the album and we'll do it! smiling smiley

Thanks,that sounds great!
I have a busy schedule,but I like to do it too.
Our IORR.org producer -if there will be one- can decide which version will be the bonus track. smiling smiley

Posted by: tomzen ()
Date: September 10, 2010 15:11

Niklas
71Tele

If Exile is chosen, give me and my band The Crawlin' Kingsnakes All down the line! It's a killer song and we've done it for years.

Hi Niklas, you still have that film and tape from our UAWCPBand gig 30yrs ago??
Good to see you're still rocking!. Would be nice to get together again and listen to some good old Stones music and have a few smileys with beer

"hope you guess my name" winking smiley and that everything is well with you
E.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2685
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home