Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Rare DOORS LIVE on film - Wild Child, The End (1970). Never released "WOMAN IN THE WINDOW"
Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: August 30, 2010 04:21

Excellent performance, should have been on one of the official DVD's -

WILD CHILD Live

THE END/CROSSROADS (Live at the ISLE OF WIGHT MUSIC FESTIVAL, August 1970)

THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW (Audio Only - Morrison W/O The Doors).
Perry Farrell's Satellite Party provide the trippy/spooky music.
A Great Job I do believe. Great song...

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Re: OT: Rare DOORS LIVE on film - Wild Child, The End (1970). Never released "WOMAN IN THE WINDOW"
Posted by: Dark Horse 77 ()
Date: August 30, 2010 04:27

Never saw the Wild Child clip, love that and The End. Hate what Perry Ferrell did with the Morrison vocal though.

Re: OT: Rare DOORS LIVE on film - Wild Child, The End (1970). Never released "WOMAN IN THE WINDOW"
Posted by: CBII ()
Date: August 30, 2010 04:30

Same here! Never seen wild child performed live.

CBII

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: August 30, 2010 07:11

woman in the window original version

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: August 30, 2010 15:32

THe new Doors LIve in NY box set from Rhino features an amusing attempt at Wild Child where Robby plays half of it in the wrong key. The band finally gives up and stops playing after about a minute and a half before moving on to the next song.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 30, 2010 16:52

I've never seen this one ,wow!*
But can you tell me if the soundboard also comes from the Isle of Wight ? Which boot ?

Never mind,I love it !smiling bouncing smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: CrissCrossMind ()
Date: August 31, 2010 08:11

SwayStones

I've never seen this one ,wow!*
But can you tell me if the soundboard also comes from the Isle of Wight ? Which boot ?

Never mind,I love it !smiling bouncing smiley

I don't think it's a boot Sway. There's an official video of the ISLE OF WIGHT festival with a couple partial Doors performances on it but I had heard the entire Doors performance was going to be released by Bright Midnight (but that was a while ago) Here's more ISLE OF WIGHT -

WHEN THE MUSIC'S OVER (not complete)

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 31, 2010 09:08

GREAT POST! TY

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 31, 2010 09:53

Jim Morrison --- Roundhouse London 1968 ----- Ethan Russell

ROCKMAN

Date: August 31, 2010 10:03

bright midnight records will release it eventually. they get behind on stuff. there is also talk of the roundhouse tapes and the 2 doors albums released as a trio being released

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 1, 2010 05:20

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: September 1, 2010 05:25

Rockman

nap time for jimmy! visions of sugar plums dance in his head; and the occasional lizard.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1806
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home