Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Keith - what has changed really?
Posted by: NedKelly ()
Date: August 13, 2010 00:16

There's a lot of talk here about Keiths playing, or his lack of doing so.

I have noticed that he plays a little less than he did 20 years ago, but why is it so? Is it his fingers that don't allow him to play as much because of pain or lack of movabilty? Is he just getting old and sometimes doesn't remember the songs? Or is just too eager to pose for the fans?

To me he still got perfect timing and plays really well overall when he does play. The Shine a light movie is a great proof of that i think. Just listen to She was hot. The timing is incredible. He has his strange and really bad moments in the solo parts sometimes, but that has been like that since day one really. Nothing new there....

Anyway, I wish I knew exactly how HE feels about this. If it all comes down to his illness I think it's a ral shame with all the hazzle he gets here, and I'm happy that he still will perform for us all.

Re: Keith - what has changed really?
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: August 13, 2010 00:22

he hasn't played anything in 3 years - so he's been very consistent during this recent stretch

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: August 13, 2010 01:01

NedKelly
he got clean. then he lost his glare and started smiling all the time. then he started posing instead of playing.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: August 13, 2010 01:10

I could do with all the vouging! And Keith trying to be "Keef"...

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: August 13, 2010 09:28

Mick is the natural visual point at Stones shows. When touring with the Winos Keith got that role.
Did that make him lose his concentration at guitar playing a bit and start posing more?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-13 09:40 by Thommie.

Date: August 13, 2010 11:36

StonesTod
he hasn't played anything in 3 years - so he's been very consistent during this recent stretch

What about Dancing In The Light and Alladin Story. That was last year winking smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 13, 2010 12:15

Lee Perry .... Sheryl Crowe ... Merle Haggard .... Jack White

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2010 12:33

Slick
NedKelly
he got clean. then he lost his glare and started smiling all the time. then he started posing instead of playing.

That comes close....but posing is a part of the act,
with the exception of Watts,Taylor & Perks.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 13, 2010 14:19

...his teeth actually...he has a new row of pearly whites...I thought the previous ones were better.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: August 13, 2010 14:46

He's missing a couple of upper right molars, wonder if he's had any implants

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: August 13, 2010 15:20

Now he needs Blondie to cover up for him in his playing...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: August 13, 2010 15:37

He gained a few pounds as well. Good for him, he needed that winking smiley

Posted by: Keefan ()
Date: August 13, 2010 16:04

Conspiracy theory time - I'll tell ya right now, I could be completely wrong about this, but here's my theory.

I heard through the grapevine from some roadies' friends that Keef was still doing blow before his shows, up until his tree accident. After his accident, he went on some strong medication that forced him to give up coke. Here's a story about that:

Keith Richards: 'Head Injury Drug Forced Me To Quit Cocaine'

Veteran hellraiser Keith Richards has been forced to quit cocaine, because he can't mix it with the drug doctors have prescribed him after he fell out of a tree last year (06).

The 63-year-old Rolling Stone, a former heroin addict and longtime party animal, suffered a head injury when he slipped out of a palm tree in April 2006.

And he now has to take a drug which cannot be taken with cocaine.

Richards says, "Drugs I'm on now - the shit I've gotta take because of the brain job, Dilantin. Means you can't take cocaine anymore. Which is fine with me.

"I mean, I haven't seen coke for, like, a year and a half. Big deal. Y'know I used to like my little bump here and there after meals. But now I can't do that anymore, so I don't do it no more.

"I still smoke like a @#$%& chimney. Get me some good weed."

[hightimes.com]

We all know that Keef is a big drinker, especially warming up for a show. Anybody who's done coke knows how it will sharpen you up, and tighten up your playing if you're drunk. So now Keef can't do the coke to counteract the effects of the Jack Daniels' and as a result his playing is less intense and sloppier. That, along with arthritis and age in general, is taking its toll. At least he can still smoke the ganga!

But Keef is Keef. There's thousands of imitators, but he's the real thing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-13 16:17 by Keefan.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: August 13, 2010 16:09

Slick
NedKelly

Agreed .

keefan
But Keef is Keef. There's thousands of imitators, but he's the real thing.

Agreed too .

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 13, 2010 17:02

After doing heroin, coke. LSD and whatever since '67, and then replacing it all with sumptious amounts of hard liquor, your brain goes "kgggggggggggggggg" when you're '60. And so it did.

Mathijs

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 13, 2010 17:22

She Was Hot in/on Shine A Light stinks. Ronnie plays the intro as if he's laying bricks while reading a book on how to lay bricks. And it's not even a hint of the a shadow of the LP version. Mick doesn't even bother with singing on the tune, he's just monotoning through it.

If Keith was to stay sober he wouldn't need the whiskey and the coke and etc. But then I guess he can't help himself.

Date: August 13, 2010 17:24

Rockman

Lee Perry .... Sheryl Crowe ... Merle Haggard .... Jack White

you are so easily pleased. very annoying, really.

Posted by: melvin ()
Date: August 13, 2010 17:43

If you watch "Bridges To Bremen" 1998, Keith plays the first 5-6 songs almost solo. and quite well, but it's Ronnie who is prancing around the stage, laughing, joking and hardly playing a lick.
Fast forward to last couple of tours, both of the boys seem to be just going through the motions.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: August 13, 2010 18:01

what has happened is a serious knock on the head, a brain injury causing aneurysm and long term prone to seizures and having to take dilantin which leads to memory loss and various side effects of the drug. He is lucky to be alive

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: August 13, 2010 18:09

Date: August 13, 2010 18:18

tumbled
what has happened is a serious knock on the head, a brain injury causing aneurysm and long term prone to seizures and having to take dilantin which leads to memory loss and various side effects of the drug.

if that ain't rock'n'roll, i don't know what to tell you....

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 13, 2010 18:20

Wow, that Honky Tonk is horrible.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: August 13, 2010 18:21

Wasn't Dilantin the drug used in 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' to control the inmates?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2010 18:31

Dali

Cheers!cool smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 13, 2010 18:32

StonesTod
tumbled
what has happened is a serious knock on the head, a brain injury causing aneurysm and long term prone to seizures and having to take dilantin which leads to memory loss and various side effects of the drug.

if that ain't rock'n'roll, i don't know what to tell you....

LOL, - man, you did it again . .

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 13, 2010 19:10

Wow, that version of HTW physically hurt to listen to...

Date: August 13, 2010 19:15

That's the usual B-stage trouble. Sounds horrible. Lose the B-stage!

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: August 13, 2010 19:16

Dali

WOW! after Mick even darryl comes over to check on Keith! He waves them away, but its really sad to see..

Posted by: mccparty ()
Date: August 13, 2010 19:38

The arthritis in his hands has taken away his ability to play - even the open tuning stuff.

What a drag it is getting old.......

Date: August 13, 2010 19:59

mccparty
The arthritis in his hands has taken away his ability to play - even the open tuning stuff.

What a drag it is getting old.......

no idea how he even plays as "well" as he does with this...my wife has bad arthritis at a much younger age and her ability to play chuck berry licks isn't nearly what it used to be....

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1765
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home