Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

When should the boys start to tour
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: July 29, 2010 07:14

In my opinion I think the Stones should start to tour like the old days starting in the USA in June or July 2011. That way they can cover more places up til end of Sept. Then in the fall go to SE Asia, Australia, NZ, South America, then summer of 2012 finish with a tour of Europe. So, everyone will see them in great weather. Any comments?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-29 07:15 by tipps.

Re: When should the boys start to tour
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 29, 2010 07:46

tipps
In my opinion I think the Stones should start to tour like the old days starting in the USA in June or July 2011. That way they can cover more places up til end of Sept. Then in the fall go to SE Asia, Australia, NZ, South America, then summer of 2012 finish with a tour of Europe. So, everyone will see them in great weather. Any comments?

My only comment would be that they should leave bigger time intervals between shows than they've traditionally done, or at least than they did on the ABB tour. Maybe I was unlucky, but I got implicated in a number of last minute cancellations, and they were invariably down to problems with Mick's voice.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 29, 2010 08:36

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: July 29, 2010 12:32

Their tour should coincide with the London Olympics. They should perform at the O2 and the Olympics>grinning smiley<

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: July 29, 2010 15:03

Last Monday at the Red Lion in Fulham.

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 29, 2010 15:20

As per the sun report it seems that the shows will be stadiums again. Not with me this time. I think they should respect the downscale and think more about arena and theatres. Anyway if LiveNation is in control of the tour the prices will be upscale and leave me at home

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 29, 2010 15:24

... tomorrow ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 29, 2010 15:28

I dont know when they should start to tour, but no one under the age of 80 should be calling them 'boys'....

Posted by: cc ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:02

yes, while we're in fantasy-land, let's be like keith and say, "when should we let the tigers out of the cage? when should we get the tanks rolling? when should we tell the stoker to fire up the burners? ..."

Posted by: marchbaby ()
Date: July 29, 2010 16:03

tipps

They should start May 2011 at the new giant stadium in East Rutherford, NJ, although I'd love to see them at a small venue like the Beacon theatre in NYC

Posted by: susannewortmann ()
Date: July 29, 2010 17:17

Should they even start? Wouldn't it be another big dissapointment after the, in my opinion, already dissapointing Bigger Bang Tour? Do we have to be abused again by that horrible Chuck Leavel and Blondie Chapman? The STones should prove they are the greatest Group On Earth and simply do theaters just with the band they are. Just rockin'out with Charlie, Mick, Keith ,Ron (or better the OTHER MICK) and Darrel and bow out!?

Just some thought but that would truely prove how larger than life they are!

Posted by: bernardanderson ()
Date: July 29, 2010 18:05

i agree, susannewortmann. if the stones are (were?) TRULY the greatest rock and roll band, then they should tour without the fireworks and elaborate sets and other visuals to distract us from the music. just go out, bare-bones, and show us what you got.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 29, 2010 18:10

bernardanderson
i agree, susannewortmann. if the stones are (were?) TRULY the greatest rock and roll band, then they should tour without the fireworks and elaborate sets and other visuals to distract us from the music. just go out, bare-bones, and show us what you got.

the axiom, "be careful what you wish for," might apply here...

Posted by: Addicted ()
Date: July 29, 2010 18:46

If they follow their fiscal year, as they have for the last tours, they'll start in September. That will make things so much easier, and cheaper, for the accountants and management. September 1st to August 31 - that's the duration of the Stones fiscal year. So start early September (2011) is my guess - based on experience and their fiscal year.

Date: July 29, 2010 18:59

Addicted
If they follow their fiscal year, as they have for the last tours, they'll start in September. That will make things so much easier, and cheaper, for the accountants and management. September 1st to August 31 - that's the duration of the Stones fiscal year. So start early September (2011) is my guess - based on experience and their fiscal year.

let's get fiscal, then

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: July 29, 2010 19:45

Thursday

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 20:43

The Stones should hit the stage after passing the musical equivalent of a footballer's physical. They should show off their 2011 chops to someone or a group who will give it to them straight. (Sure we would all volunteer for this assignment.) However, who is competent and honest enough to tell the Stones' to hang it up if they "fail the physical."

Date: July 29, 2010 20:50

Shawn20
The Stones should hit the stage after passing the musical equivalent of a footballer's physical. They should show off their 2011 chops to someone or a group who will give it to them straight. (Sure we would all volunteer for this assignment.) However, StonesTod is competent and honest enough to tell the Stones' to hang it up if they "fail the physical."

thanks for your vote of confidence....i won't let you down.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 29, 2010 20:53

They will start in the USA - probably east coast.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 22:10

StonesTod
Shawn20
The Stones should hit the stage after passing the musical equivalent of a footballer's physical. They should show off their 2011 chops to someone or a group who will give it to them straight. (Sure we would all volunteer for this assignment.) However, StonesTod is competent and honest enough to tell the Stones' to hang it up if they "fail the physical."

thanks for your vote of confidence....i won't let you down.

I recall reading transcripts from George Harrison's All Things Must Pass sessions. Spector kept on Harrison for his lackluster singing - "you must do better George - you must." Imagine saying that to the Rolling STones - it would be most difficult to "get on" Keith - come on man - any garage band can do that!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 29, 2010 22:13

mickscarey

That's a bold prediction. They never do that.

Date: July 29, 2010 22:28

Gazza
mickscarey

while we're going out on limbs, i predict mick does most of the lead vocals this time and that keith comes up with something clever to say like "good to be anywhere"

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: July 29, 2010 22:41

Gazza
mickscarey

wise guy, huh

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 29, 2010 23:01

Pretty sure they will start in the states...might do a warm up gig in London and then the coast to coast...as usual the UK will be lucky to get more than 4 or 5 shows and if they are in the 02 the sound will be shit. I am really hoping they turn up for the Glkastonbury festival in June 2011...but that is just hope

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1689
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home