Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Stones song you cant stand that others like
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: August 1, 2010 18:07

Rip This
...almost everything they are right now is essentially bracketed by SG....your delusional if you think they have any similarity to anything pre 75....hints and flashes maybe...but not really.

Think about that, my dear friends Doxa and Tele, when you listen to SG once again.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: August 1, 2010 18:28

Paint it black. Never understood the appeal of this one. It was always the Stones song on the Jukebox in student union bars. It was the "cool" song that fans of The Cure or any other indie pish would love.

Posted by: cc ()
Date: August 1, 2010 19:15

letitloose
Paint it black. Never understood the appeal of this one. It was always the Stones song on the Jukebox in student union bars. It was the "cool" song that fans of The Cure or any other indie pish would love.

you just explained the appeal.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: August 1, 2010 19:24

cc
letitloose

Ok fair enough. I just thought it was the song that was liked by people who only wanted one Stones song in their musical vocabulary.

Posted by: mckalk ()
Date: August 1, 2010 21:09

letitloose
cc
letitloose

Ok fair enough. I just thought it was the song that was liked by people who only wanted one Stones song in their musical vocabulary.

I can see where Paint It Black is a good choice. It was very popular song and while it would not make my cannot stand list, it always felt like a very forced play (especially the lyrics) on their dark image. Almost like a novelty song if that makes any sense.

Posted by: brandanman2 ()
Date: August 1, 2010 22:39

I think I forgot to mention "Time is on my side", "Tell me you're coming back", and "Something happened to me yesterday". but one I do not like, or at least I am not sure about, is "Have you seen your mother, Baby? (Standing in the Shadows)." I do not know what it is, but something about this just does not appeal to me. Does anybody agree about that one, "Have you seen your mother, Baby?"? I mean.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 2, 2010 03:52

...I've said it before..and I'll say it again..You Got Me Rocking....for me it represents Stones by the numbers...in the worst possible way...and Jaggers lyrics are cringe worthy...

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: August 2, 2010 14:00

Rain Fall Down
It's Only Rock N Roll (it's too overplayed)
The Worst
a lot of Dirty Work

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: August 2, 2010 21:33

"Can't stand" is perhaps too strong, but reading the Some Girls thread I still can't see what others find so wonderful about When The Whip Comes Down...

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home