Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: Seven Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 22, 2011 05:35

rogue
stonescrow
rogue
Fascinating to see how this thread has evolved. At the beginning several post expressed doubts about a new 2012.

How does this stand now with rumors of jam sessions, etc?

I don't think much has changed. A tour is till in doubt because of the health of the band members and the financial crisis. Yeah things might be getting better but not everywhere and not when the tickets cost $150 USD for a seat at the back of the stadium. That's just a guess but we all know it ain't gonna be cheap.

They had one eye on 2012 since the end of the last tour. I actually thought they might get rolling sometime in 2011 and into 2012, however, Mick always gets it
right. He was smart to wait until 2012. I actually think they might do more in
2013 than 2012, but they certainly are not going to let 2012 slip away without at
least one live performance. The bottom line is that we get to enjoy them at
least one more time. I can't wait! Should be fun to see what they come up
with.

They usually tour the US first and then Europe. But if there is a tour I really think it will be summer in gigs in London, Europe and then the States. It will be over by this time next year.

No need for a new album. They are releasing vaulted recordings right now. Play the warhorses and the latest overruns from the vaults and you have tour with "new" songs that have never been played before.

I know they use stadiums and there are sport seasons to deal with but there are enough major NFL cities with away game weekends that would like to fill stadiums and basketball would not start until November. They could also use baseball stadiums late into the October.

I don't think we'll see the same kind of Vegas tour.

I hope they dump the stadiums for the most part. A few would be OK. I think we are going to see a new album. Not sure exactly what their timetable is but no doubt they have a few surprises in store for us.

Re: Eight Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling
Date: February 16, 2012 00:11

stonescrow
#1. PASSION: They absolutely love what they do.

#2. HISTORY: It defies logic to think that they would shut things down while at the doorstep to their historic 50th anniversary as a band. There is no way that door doesn't get kicked down!

#3. US: They are married to their fans. Till death do us part!

#4. PROFESSIONAL PRIDE: Wan't to prove to the world they can still create great music and perform it at a high level.

#5. MONEY: Any tour involving the Stones is a guaranteed money maker.

#6. ADDICTION: They are hopelessly addicted to performing.

#7. DESTINY: Couldn't quit if they wanted to, destiny would not allow it!

#8. THE WATCHMAN: A Mystery to be revealed on July 12, 2012!

Keep The Faith. There is a slow train coming, just around the bend. All good things come to he/she who waits. Patience, my sons and daughters, patience.smiling smiley

Date: February 16, 2012 00:16

ChrisM
I admire your optimism stonescrow. Time will tell...

The moment of truth is almost upon us.

Date: February 16, 2012 00:17

crumbling_mice
Seven reasons why the stones will stop rolling

1 - they don't need the money and can earn from re-issues

2- Keith's Health

3 - Ronnies Health

4 - Fear of failure

5 - Credit Crunch

6 - Jagger can't run about for 2 hours anymore

7 - No one to underwrite the tour

Castles made of sand...........

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 16, 2012 01:58

A watchman by any other name ....

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 16, 2012 02:22

stonescrow
stonescrow

#2. HISTORY: It defies logic to think that they would shut things down while at the doorstep to their historic 50th anniversary as a band. There is no way that door doesn't get kicked down!

#4. PROFESSIONAL PRIDE: Wan't to prove to the world they can still create great music and perform it at a high level.

Keep The Faith. There is a slow train coming, just around the bend. All good things come to he/she who waits. Patience, my sons and daughters, patience.smiling smiley
SOLIDARITY fellow fans. If we believe, it will happen. Close my eyes and tap my shoes three times and repeat...there's no band like the Stones, there's no band like the Stones, there's no band like the Stones. I can see it now - it's getting clearer- their first concert will be in a field in Kansas. smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 16, 2012 02:48

1. Wrath
2. Greed
3. Sloth
4. Pride
5. Lust
6. Envy
7. Gluttony
8. Vainglory

Date: February 17, 2012 21:31

memphiscats
stonescrow
stonescrow

SOLIDARITY fellow fans. If we believe, it will happen. Close my eyes and tap my shoes three times and repeat...there's no band like the Stones, there's no band like the Stones, there's no band like the Stones. I can see it now - it's getting clearer- their first concert will be in a field in Kansas. smoking smiley

Yes! That's the spirit I was looking for! smileys with beer

Date: February 18, 2012 01:09

stonescrow

Do they? They haven't fooled me. They have a good time sometimes but, come on, even you can admit they only do it for the money.

stonescrow

Just because it's almost there doesn't mean squat. Historic 50 as a name, not as a working band. Big difference. They've managed to stay alive.

stonescrow

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. No ho ho ho ho - they like what's in your bank account. That's it.

stonescrow

Someone better notify them that with the amount they charge per ticket it means they really should heavily seriously consider performing up to that level.

stonescrow

This is the only reason.

stonescrow

This is such hot air it's beyond funny. If that was truly the case then what's taking them so long to get together and play? Oh that's right - it's not the case.

stonescrow

Didn't destiny have a child?

stonescrow

Certainly everyone can wait.

Date: February 18, 2012 01:11

HelterSkelter
Basic Physics, "THINGS IN MOTION TEND TO STAY IN MOTION"

How does that apply to the Stones?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 18, 2012 01:13

So stonescrow/watchman, how many more aliases do you have here??

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 18, 2012 02:39

jamesfdouglas
So stonescrow/watchman, how many more aliases do you have here??

None, and we, (stonescrow and the watchman) are actually only "one" in marriage. The watchman (really the watchwoman) is actually Mrs. stonescrow. I can reveal a few things. No, we are not Mick and Keith as some have suspected, but we are both huge huge fans of the Stones and have come to understand their "modus operandi" very well. It has always been our goal from the beginning to try and make Stones fans understand a few basic truths about them. Number one being that it really isn't "all" about the money for them. They really and truly love what they do. Also, that they are quite often "winking" at us when it comes to promoting their events/tours etc. Hardcore Stones fans shouldn't be stressing over whether they will ever perform together again. The "murkiness" (as Keith calls it) is all by design to build suspense for the next project. Mick subscribes to the concept that absence makes the heart grow fonder. It works in all walks of life. The Stones love performing for us. They really "get off" on it. Lucky for us it isn't over, just yet. We will have a lot more to say on July 12, 2012 in regards to who we really are.smiling smiley

Date: February 18, 2012 03:25

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow

Do they? They haven't fooled me. They have a good time sometimes but, come on, even you can admit they only do it for the money.

stonescrow

Just because it's almost there doesn't mean squat. Historic 50 as a name, not as a working band. Big difference. They've managed to stay alive.

stonescrow

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. No ho ho ho ho - they like what's in your bank account. That's it.

stonescrow

Someone better notify them that with the amount they charge per ticket it means they really should heavily seriously consider performing up to that level.

stonescrow

This is the only reason.

stonescrow

This is such hot air it's beyond funny. If that was truly the case then what's taking them so long to get together and play? Oh that's right - it's not the case.

stonescrow

Didn't destiny have a child?

stonescrow

Certainly everyone can wait.

Forever the cynic. Skippy, I am always fascinated by cynics. What is your story? If you don't mind sharing.smiling smiley

Date: March 21, 2012 08:45

stonescrow

That crazy bell ringer turned out to be not so crazy after all. smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 21, 2012 10:40

"Eight Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling"

Here's the ninth :

[www.made-in-china.com]

"Minimum Order : 200 Pieces"

The band will be able to bring their whole entourage on the road!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: March 21, 2012 10:55

tatters

This is the first time I came accross this thread actually..and it was my first thought too. Did watchman start the thing about revealing the mystery already the last July? Since it is in the first post of this thread. I can't believe it lasted that long here...

Let's try: stonescrow, are you a sexy female, and everybody who is lucky to have met you in person just passiontely loves you? And just from the top of my head - what do you think about the sons of The Beatles?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-21 15:14 by Happy24.

Date: March 21, 2012 23:06

Happy24
tatters

This is the first time I came accross this thread actually..and it was my first thought too. Did watchman start the thing about revealing the mystery already the last July? Since it is in the first post of this thread. I can't believe it lasted that long here...

Let's try: stonescrow, are you a sexy female, and everybody who is lucky to have met you in person just passiontely loves you? And just from the top of my head - what do you think about the sons of The Beatles?

I am a huge fan of Phil Hendrie, Don Was, Don Cherry, Barney Fife, Don Rickles, Captain Teague, and Peter Pan, (alias Jumpin Jack Flash) and Popeye the sailor man if it means anything to you.

Date: March 22, 2012 00:04

stonescrow
stonescrow

What does that mean?

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 22, 2012 00:33

Gazza
tomcat2006
Ridiculous that nobody would underwrite the tour after A Bigger Bang's success.

One guy fell and had a serious head injury, another guy has been battling alcohol & drug addiction almost constantly since they last toured. They're all in their mid to late 60s. And the world economy has gone tits up.

No risk there for anyone with a spare $100-200 million or so to throw around.

It could be called the 1 percent tour. They could play for Colombian Drug Cartels, and in Goldman Sachs lunchroom and such.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: March 22, 2012 00:36

PHUPMADT ?? What does that mean?

Stonescrow, these lists are supposed to form into some sort of nifty acronym don't you know?

stonescrow

Date: March 22, 2012 03:43

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
stonescrow

What does that mean?

The Stones Are Coming! The Stones Are Coming!smoking smiley

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: March 22, 2012 05:10

Gazza
The Stones simply will not work unless its within the confines of a lengthy mega tour that grosses hundreds of millions of dollars. They havent played a single public show outside of a huge tour for decades.

Copacabana 2006 (I was there)

Date: March 22, 2012 05:10

stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
stonescrow

What does that mean?

No they aren't.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 22, 2012 15:51

Copacanbana was part of a tour, not a one off.

Date: March 22, 2012 16:25

The GR
Copacanbana was part of a tour, not a one off.

Ha ha. Yeah, that was such a one off that it was just the same as all the other cities they only played once on the tour, yet alone all previous tours.

The Stones have done the most one offs of any band on the planet! The Greatest One Off Band In The World!

Date: March 22, 2012 19:06

The point was if the Stones were so in love with live work why do they restrict themselves to touring instead of one off or limited short runs. Hyde Park is a good example.

Again how was Copacabana a one off? They played about 6 shows in South America that month before returning to the US where they'd been playing in January.

Date: March 22, 2012 19:13

The GR
The point was if the Stones were so in love with live work why do they restrict themselves to touring instead of one off or limited short runs. Hyde Park is a good example.

Again how was Copacabana a one off? They played about 6 shows in South America that month before returning to the US where they'd been playing in January.

Wasn't the Hyde Park gig preceded by a ton of studio work? That may be why they decided to do it.

Of course, the other thing is, back then they were a band that was playing and was interested without excuses of it taking months of rehearsing and 300 people and 58 trucks to do one show yet alone a tour...

Who said the Copacabana show was a one off? Wasn't it the only free show on the tour?

Date: March 22, 2012 19:18

Hyde Park was preceded by years of studio work? Even if you count NME 68 thats still over a year.

Date: March 22, 2012 19:28

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
stonescrow

What does that mean?

No they aren't.

That bell you hear ringing way off in the distance says otherwise. Listen closer, you will hear the beat of a distant drummer: New album, and live performances coming in 2013. With a little luck we may even get the new album as early as the Christmas season. Have a little faith, baby, have a little faith.

Posted by: hwkn ()
Date: March 22, 2012 20:48

If they don't want to do another tour they can always do what some other major acts do and play Las Vegas for a couple of months.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1597
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home