Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6
Re: Seven Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: July 25, 2010 00:35

IMO the only reason that they will do another tour is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: July 25, 2010 00:42

Rocky Dijon
J'accuse StonesCrow and MitchFlorida are one and the same!

Of course Mitch is also Mick Taylor, Keith Richards, and (most disturbing) Skipstone so this comes as little surprise.

No chance we are the same, however, I feel as if I know him for some strange reason. Maybe reminds of an old friend? Can't quite put a finger on it. It did cross my mind that he might just be Mitch Levy the popular/unpopular controversial sports radio talk show host up here in Seattle on KJR channel 95. Levy is a former resident of Florida and his style is to "stir the pot" at all times, sound familiar? Does he have multiple identities on the list? Very possible, however, I can assure you that Stonescrow is not one of them. Having said that, I really enjoy his posts and think he is good for the list despite the fact that I rarely agree with him.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: July 25, 2010 01:25

stonescrow
Rocky Dijon

Of course Mitch is also Mick Taylor, Keith Richards, and (most disturbing) Skipstone so this comes as little surprise.

No chance we are the same, however, I feel as if I know him for some strange reason. Maybe reminds of an old friend? Can't quite put a finger on it. It did cross my mind that he might just be Mitch Levy the popular/unpopular controversial sports radio talk show host up here in Seattle on KJR channel 95. Levy is a former resident of Florida and his style is to "stir the pot" at all times, sound familiar? Does he have multiple identities on the list? Very possible, however, I can assure you that Stonescrow is not one of them. Having said that, I really enjoy his posts and think he is good for the list despite the fact that I rarely agree with him
stonescrow...yea..Mitchflorida..If I was ever asked what IORR members I would like to meet past and present..Mitchflorida would be one of them..with Mitchfloridas rapid rise in popularity here just going by the amount of people who mention his name all the time..he just might have some sort of Cult following here..do ya think? Ive actually asked him what he does for a job but he wont tell me..I find him quite entertaining.And of course the other member would have to be the famous Babroon Bro..just to name a couple.

Date: July 25, 2010 19:35

colonial
stonescrow
Rocky Dijon

No chance we are the same, however, I feel as if I know him for some strange reason. Maybe reminds of an old friend? Can't quite put a finger on it. It did cross my mind that he might just be Mitch Levy the popular/unpopular controversial sports radio talk show host up here in Seattle on KJR channel 95. Levy is a former resident of Florida and his style is to "stir the pot" at all times, sound familiar? Does he have multiple identities on the list? Very possible, however, I can assure you that Stonescrow is not one of them. Having said that, I really enjoy his posts and think he is good for the list despite the fact that I rarely agree with him
stonescrow...yea..Mitchflorida..If I was ever asked what IORR members I would like to meet past and present..Mitchflorida would be one of them..with Mitchfloridas rapid rise in popularity here just going by the amount of people who mention his name all the time..he just might have some sort of Cult following here..do ya think? Ive actually asked him what he does for a job but he wont tell me..I find him quite entertaining.And of course the other member would have to be the famous Babroon Bro..just to name a couple.

Yes, he is definitely the Howard Cosell (or Mitch Levy) of the list and for that alone you gotta give him at least a little love. Life would be pretty boring without a few mitchfloridas sprinkled into the stew. Wonder if he is a Florida Gator fan?

Date: July 25, 2010 20:00

mitchflorida
Seven Reasons Why The Stones Will Keep Rolling:

$$$$$$$

OK by me as long as they keep rolling. They have brought me so much joy over the years through their CD's DVD's, concert, etc. that I feel the least I can do is buy a ticket once every once in a blue moon to see them live.

Just curious? What do you estimate a season ticket holder for the Florida Gators would pay, say over a five year period? With the Gators being one of the elite college football programs in the country it certainly can't be cheap.

Also, any chance you might be Mitch Levy from KJR radio up here in Seattle?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2010 20:14

71Tele
baxlap
1. $
2. $
3. Euros
4. $
5. Yen
6. $
7. $

You left out pounds (don't have the character on my keyboard).

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Enough?

Date: July 25, 2010 20:48

skipstone
Rally the Stones? Since when do the Stones need a rally? They're not the U.S. Government putting thousands of people out of jobs. There was a rally in Lafayette, LA the other day for a good cause, not to get the Rolling Stones to do another play-it-by-the-numbers greatest hits tour. Come together and rally for the Stones. The Stones don't need you or anyone else to rally for them - they don't need help or convincing or anything. When they decide they want to make some money they'll go on tour.

[www.nola.com]

Hey mate, why so negative and antagonistic? Time for us to come together and stop bickering amongst ourselves. Certainly there must be some common ground we can find between all of us. We can support the Stones in our own individual ways without getting nasty with each other. The Stones (through their music) have brought me great joy over the years and sometimes have even lifted me out of the darkness of depression. Yes, I am excited about the possibility of a Farewell Tour and seeing them live once again for what will undoubtedly be the last time. I have a hunch that we may just see ticket prices reduced dramatically this time around. Also, I hope they dump the stadium shows, and yes I hope they dump most of the war horses this time around in favor of some new material. Certainly their health is going to play a major role this time around so they better seriously consider scaling back the amount of shows they do and when they do them. Extreme heat and cold is not good for men in their late sixties, I know because I am almost 60 and have really been struggling with the heat these last few years. Anyway, peace and good will to you mate.

Date: July 25, 2010 21:17

Amsterdamned
71Tele
baxlap
1. $
2. $
3. Euros
4. $
5. Yen
6. $
7. $

£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Enough?

I would be curious to know what the net worth of the four Rolling Stones combined would be compared to the net worth of Tiger Woods? Something tells me Tiger would come out on top in that one. Anybody know?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: July 26, 2010 06:03

stonescrow
Hey mate, why so negative and antagonistic? Time for us to come together and stop bickering amongst ourselves. Certainly there must be some common ground we can find between all of us. We can support the Stones in our own individual ways without getting nasty with each other. The Stones (through their music) have brought me great joy over the years and sometimes have even lifted me out of the darkness of depression. Yes, I am excited about the possibility of a Farewell Tour and seeing them live once again for what will undoubtedly be the last time. I have a hunch that we may just see ticket prices reduced dramatically this time around. Also, I hope they dump the stadium shows, and yes I hope they dump most of the war horses this time around in favor of some new material. Certainly their health is going to play a major role this time around so they better seriously consider scaling back the amount of shows they do and when they do them. Extreme heat and cold is not good for men in their late sixties, I know because I am almost 60 and have really been struggling with the heat these last few years. Anyway, peace and good will to you mate.

I'm glad they have brought joy to you over the years. However, to suggest such a stupid thing as a "rally" and to "support the Stones" at this point in time reminds me of the mentality of the people who actually focus on saving money between tours so they can buy really good tickets for when the Stones go on tour again: pure bullshit mentality. Mainly because there is no guarantee that you'll get good tickets for being such a "good" fan. I am a fan of The Rolling Stones' music, which means I like their albums, and some I love, but they do not change my life in everyday living nor decide what I do with my life if these geezers decide to tour again, especially if they play like they did on the Bang tour and charge a shitload of money for a ticket, which I couldn't have afforded the last time around if I had wanted to yet alone would have wanted to based on reports of their performances of their shows being so dismal and shitty (yes I am aware that they had some good shows too but that's nothing for me to bank on, not at those prices).

I would rather go "support" younger bands (aren't they all) at this point that are not only affordable but also "up and coming" and that rock, like the Drive-By Truckers, who still record on analog two inch tape and give a shit about what they do artistic wise than to "support" some men in their mid to late 60s and early 70s that don't truly want my support nor give a shit artistic wise because they haven't needed support since they stopped being a recording and touring band, which was really 1978, and haven't been artistic since 1984 with the Too Much Blood video.

So come together with you and your wallet and shell out the dough to go see them once again on a rather redundant set list of a tour because you "support" them and because you "can".

And like many people here, if they do indeed go out and play a new album and do new things and haul out some songs they've never played before then I will be interested in going to see them. But if it's another nostalgia show like the Bang tour was, which was really just a carry over from the Bridges tour, which was great then, then I will not bother. New record, yes, I'll get it. Tour - that's up in the air. And if they do indeed come to New Orleans and I can afford it and it's worth going, then I will do my best. Otherwise, ha ha, I'll be at the grocery store buying food to last me 3 weeks.

Posted by: blakeeik ()
Date: July 26, 2010 15:34

According to Keith, when asked if the Stones were going on tour just for the money, he responded: "No, not just for the money, for the sex and drugs, too."

That is only 3 reasons.

Date: July 26, 2010 17:57

blakeeik
According to Keith, when asked if the Stones were going on tour just for the money, he responded: "No, not just for the money, for the sex and drugs, too."

That is only 3 reasons.

Whatever motivates them to hit the road (tour) works for me. Just hope that if they come to my neighborhood (Seattle) it's not a stadium show filled with war horses!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 26, 2010 17:58

stonescrow
blakeeik

That is only 3 reasons.

Whatever motivates them to hit the road (tour) works for me. Just hope that if they come to my neighborhood (Seattle) it's not a stadium show filled with war horses!

Stonescrow, I think youre starting to turn into a 'setlist-whiner' like the rest of us!grinning smiley

Date: July 26, 2010 18:34

Gazza
stonescrow
blakeeik

That is only 3 reasons.

Stonescrow, I think youre starting to turn into a 'setlist-whiner' like the rest of us!grinning smiley

Not quite to that level yet, but I would definitely prefer all new material in a theater setting. That said, whatever they ultimately decide upon (venue and setlist wise) will work for me. Qwest Field is known around the country as one of the loudest, (if not loudest) stadiums in the NFL. In my opinion the Stones sound engineers "missed the mark" on that cool October evening back in '06, just way to friggen loud! Still had a great time though.

Date: July 26, 2010 19:11

I'm sure they'll play in or around Seattle, but I'm equally sure it wont be somewhere intimate or full of new material.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 26, 2010 19:16

stonescrow
Rocky Dijon

No chance we are the same, however, I feel as if I know him for some strange reason. Maybe reminds of an old friend? Can't quite put a finger on it. It did cross my mind that he might just be Mitch Levy the popular/unpopular controversial sports radio talk show host up here in Seattle on KJR channel 95. Levy is a former resident of Florida and his style is to "stir the pot" at all times, sound familiar? Does he have multiple identities on the list? Very possible, however, I can assure you that Stonescrow is not one of them. Having said that, I really enjoy his posts and think he is good for the list despite the fact that I rarely agree with him.

Where can I meet this Mitch Lévy ?

Date: August 1, 2010 03:10

Gazza
I'm sure they'll play in or around Seattle, but I'm equally sure it wont be somewhere intimate or full of new material.

I have a feeling you will be proven right, however, Keith's comments recently that they might have to consider dumping the football stadiums this time around gives us at least a ray of hope. I saw the Sonics in the Paramount theater here in Seattle on Halloween night a couple years ago and they absolutely "killed" us. My dream is to have them open for the Stones either at Key Arena or the Paramount.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 1, 2010 03:27

I'm not sure if it's question of performing in Seattle or Portland. I believe Gazza is correct in stating that venues are chosen based on availability. With Pro and College football on the horizon, scheduling is definitely an issue.

Please note that U Miami will make a cordial visit to Ohio State on Sept 11? and "put business down" (peter tosh). OSU hates Michigan? they aint seen shit...

I can't wait to see the U kick some buckeye ass! On their own lawn.

Date: August 1, 2010 05:40

stonescrow
Gazza

I have a feeling you will be proven right, however, Keith's comments recently that they might have to consider dumping the football stadiums this time around gives us at least a ray of hope. I saw the Sonics in the Paramount theater here in Seattle on Halloween night a couple years ago and they absolutely "killed" us. My dream is to have them open for the Stones either at Key Arena or the Paramount.

He alludes to downsizing the scale of the shows before every tour. It never happens.

I would imagine arena shows in some markets are likely (they played arenas in Seattle and Portland last tour, didnt they?), but if the Stones continue to insist on huge guarantees, the number of local promoters who are going to take a financial risk in the current climate in trying to make a profit for themselves in arena shows are going to be even smaller than last time. On the last tour, there was a lot of talk before it of the band playing less stadium shows and more arena shows - in the end, they simply priced themselves out of reach of most arenas. A promoter, faced with the choice of making a small profit or maybe a loss on a 15,000-20,000 seater arena or making a good profit on selling 30,000 tickets in a 50,000 stadium is going to go for the latter (even if it means either tarping large sections off to make the place look filled or giving a few thousand away at knockdown prices to fill the place at the last minute). The band wont care - they get their guarantee anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-08-01 05:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 1, 2010 06:24

Gazza..

Aside from a venue or profit standpoint, I believe the strategy is to host randomly selected cities broadcasted on Pay Per View. HBO..etc.. Actually, that would be favorable to all Stones fans. But then again there is nothing like seeing family in person...

Date: August 4, 2010 04:58

Gazza
stonescrow
Gazza

He alludes to downsizing the scale of the shows before every tour. It never happens.

I would imagine arena shows in some markets are likely (they played arenas in Seattle and Portland last tour, didnt they?), but if the Stones continue to insist on huge guarantees, the number of local promoters who are going to take a financial risk in the current climate in trying to make a profit for themselves in arena shows are going to be even smaller than last time. On the last tour, there was a lot of talk before it of the band playing less stadium shows and more arena shows - in the end, they simply priced themselves out of reach of most arenas. A promoter, faced with the choice of making a small profit or maybe a loss on a 15,000-20,000 seater arena or making a good profit on selling 30,000 tickets in a 50,000 stadium is going to go for the latter (even if it means either tarping large sections off to make the place look filled or giving a few thousand away at knockdown prices to fill the place at the last minute). The band wont care - they get their guarantee anyway.

Looks like I am going to have to find my way to New York to see them at the Garden next time around. They did perform at Key Arena for the Licks tour, unfortunately I didn't make it to that one. Saw them at Qwest last time around for Bang.

Date: May 15, 2011 03:10

stonescrow
#1. PASSION: They absolutely love what they do.

#2. HISTORY: It defies logic to think that they would shut things down while at the doorstep to their historic 50th anniversary as a band. There is no way that door doesn't get kicked down!

#3. US: They love their fans! No way they are going to let us down!

#4. PROFESSIONAL PRIDE: Wan't to prove to the world they can still create great music and perform it at a high level.

#5. $: Any tour involving the Stones is a guaranteed money maker.

#6. ADDICTION: They are hopelessly addicted to the big stage! Would only leave kicking and screaming!

#7. DESTINY: Couldn't quit if they wanted to, destiny would not allow it!

#7.

Thanks Keith for confirming the often challenged #3.

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: May 15, 2011 03:28

6 - Jagger can't run about for 2 hours anymore

This is the only one that I do not believe . He's in great shape .

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 15, 2011 07:28

stonescrow
Amsterdamned
71Tele
baxlap
1. $
2. $
3. Euros
4. $
5. Yen
6. $
7. $

Enough?

I would be curious to know what the net worth of the four Rolling Stones combined would be compared to the net worth of Tiger Woods? Something tells me Tiger would come out on top in that one. Anybody know?

Who's shagged more broads in the last 15 years, Tiger or Jagger?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 15, 2011 09:07

........seven!!! ...... go right out on a ledge and give us 8

ROCKMAN

Date: May 15, 2011 09:37

easy "Rockman"? beat me over the head again when i repeat - "they'll tour and you'll get backing tracks, Blondie behind the curtain playing for Keith, and since this is "the last" chance to see them, you'll pay big $$$.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 15, 2011 11:26

beat me over the head again when i repeat

OH dear!! you may say it all you like but but..... I'm a lover not a fighter

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: May 15, 2011 11:49

I wonder if the demand for stones tour is thát high. last USleg the played half empty stadiums. They do a sell out, but then they should market the tour as the last tour..

Date: May 15, 2011 20:45

boston2006
6 - Jagger can't run about for 2 hours anymore

This is the only one that I do not believe . He's in great shape .

By "Big Stage" I simply meant being under the lights on the "world stage". Actually like to see them do away with the stadium shows altogether.

Date: May 15, 2011 20:47

ab
stonescrow
Amsterdamned
71Tele
baxlap
1. $
2. $
3. Euros
4. $
5. Yen
6. $
7. $

Enough?

Who's shagged more broads in the last 15 years, Tiger or Jagger?

Wow, my guess would be Woods.

Date: May 15, 2011 20:54

Rockman
........seven!!! ...... go right out on a ledge and give us 8

You are welcome to add one at any time, mate. The Magnificent 7 or The Great 8, makes no difference to me as long as they keep rollin, and yes, they are gonna keep rollin, lucky for us!

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 3 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home