Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rod Stewart - very Stonesy
Posted by: benon again ()
Date: June 12, 2010 23:37

and funny - late 70`s?
[videolog.uol.com.br]

Re: Rod Stewart - very Stonesy
Date: June 12, 2010 23:40

not any more!

Posted by: Beelyboy ()
Date: June 13, 2010 00:10

rod the mod and Faces could truly give any band of that era including the Stones a big run for the uber big concert pleasure money and still deliver real wonderful rock and roll. ron so good in those days. gasoline alley so magnificent. the first few solo things and mostly all the stewart/wood Faces era. wonderful album after wonderful album; love em. rod has wonderful amazing vocal instrument, best displayed probably on the two Jeff Beck albums that brought ron and him into the public eye in the states....he was fab. he has spent a long long time taking those first few solo albums that were STUPENDOUS....AND A wonderful history making career with Faces and Jeff Beck, into an act most rockers don't seek or trust anymore. sad.

Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 13, 2010 00:36

Rod could kick ass back in the day. Now he makes boring music for soccer moms. People may bitch that new Stones music doesn't live up to the early days, but they never became easy listening.

P.S. What the hell is he thinking by not joining the Faces reunion?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 13, 2010 00:39

rod's doing just fine now, too, thank you....

Posted by: slew ()
Date: June 13, 2010 02:39

I always thought Hot Legs sounded like a signature Keith riff!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 13, 2010 02:56

I always thought Hot Legs sounded like a crime against humanity.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: June 13, 2010 03:00

Beelyboy
rod the mod and Faces could truly give any band of that era including the Stones a big run for the uber big concert pleasure money and still deliver real wonderful rock and roll. ron so good in those days. gasoline alley so magnificent. the first few solo things and mostly all the stewart/wood Faces era. wonderful album after wonderful album; love em. rod has wonderful amazing vocal instrument, best displayed probably on the two Jeff Beck albums that brought ron and him into the public eye in the states....he was fab. he has spent a long long time taking those first few solo albums that were STUPENDOUS....AND A wonderful history making career with Faces and Jeff Beck, into an act most rockers don't seek or trust anymore. sad.

Very sad indeed. Heartbreaking. That said, when you consider that the early Stewart albums were essentially the Faces, then, of course, there were the Faces albums, add those together and you can see the great amount of terrific music the Faces gave us.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: June 13, 2010 04:08

Carnaby

Very sad indeed. Heartbreaking. That said, when you consider that the early Stewart albums were essentially the Faces,

Yes and no.

Lot of great input from Mickey Waller, Martin Quittenton, Pete Sears, etc.

But Woody was certainly his main man, and Mac also played a huge role.

There's a handful of tracks that all the Faces play on, like (I Know ) I'm Losing You. True Blue was actually cut at a Faces session with Glyn Johns, but ended up on Never A Dull Moment.

But all that music--solo and with the band--was excellent stuff. When he stopped working with the other Faces it all went to sh*t. No one has ever gone from hero to zero as fast as Stewart did.

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: June 13, 2010 04:31

Ain't lookin' too Stonsey lately.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 13, 2010 04:58

loog droog
Carnaby

Very sad indeed. Heartbreaking. That said, when you consider that the early Stewart albums were essentially the Faces,

Yes and no.

Lot of great input from Mickey Waller, Martin Quittenton, Pete Sears, etc.

But Woody was certainly his main man, and Mac also played a huge role.

There's a handful of tracks that all the Faces play on, like (I Know ) I'm Losing You. True Blue was actually cut at a Faces session with Glyn Johns, but ended up on Never A Dull Moment.

But all that music--solo and with the band--was excellent stuff. When he stopped working with the other Faces it all went to sh*t. No one has ever gone from hero to zero as fast as Stewart did.

Hate to 'point the mirror', but what about 'Back to Zero'?

Dirty Work was a meteroic crash.

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 13, 2010 07:14

what do you think of the album foolish behaviour?

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: June 14, 2010 15:53

mandu
what do you think of the album foolish behaviour?

The lyrics to the song 'Foolish Behavior' are interesting!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 14, 2010 16:22

Some good stuff on FB - some not so good. "Better Off Dead" sounds like a rip-off of "Rip This Joint".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1736
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home