Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 46
Re: Scarlet
Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 16, 2020 02:33

I'm liking the War On Drugs remix.. great fuller sound and overall feels the most complete of the versions.
Of the three main versions I would rank the first version my favorite, followed by this WOD remix.

Interesting to note, on Apple Music, they used to list two untitled songs on the Deluxe edition (tracks 11 & 12) disc2. I see now that they have filled in the title of track 11 with Scarlet WOD remix..
Real curious to see what track 12 will be.. perhaps I've missed something where that has already been deciphered or known..
Perhaps an eventual "All The Rage" remix?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 16, 2020 08:38

MisterDDDD
I'm liking the War On Drugs remix.. great fuller sound and overall feels the most complete of the versions.
Of the three main versions I would rank the first version my favorite, followed by this WOD remix.

Interesting to note, on Apple Music, they used to list two untitled songs on the Deluxe edition (tracks 11 & 12) disc2. I see now that they have filled in the title of track 11 with Scarlet WOD remix..
Real curious to see what track 12 will be.. perhaps I've missed something where that has already been deciphered or known..

I hope for "All the rage" Kevin Parker remix.

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 16, 2020 10:51

MisterDDDD

Thought there was reference to track 12 being another Jimmy Page contribution.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 16, 2020 12:20

Maindefender

[www.Amazon.com] says so, but as mentioned on [Music.Apple.com] too, the runtime of Track 12 is only 3m:14s wich would be quite short for a Remix of 'All The Rage' ....

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 16, 2020 13:40

Imo this is the best version:
[youtu.be]

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: August 16, 2020 13:52

I think the War on Drugs is better more enriching version. By the way who is playing bass? Sounds a little strange.

Date: August 16, 2020 14:05

Chris Fountain

By the way who is playing bass?

Rick Grech: Bass Guitar - [www.Qobuz.com] - (i)-Button. These credits by Polydor ain't correct - see below: [iorr.org] - it was Dave Hartley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-16 17:25 by Irix.

Date: August 16, 2020 14:13

What is the statement they are trying to convey with the title "War on Drugs"?

Date: August 16, 2020 14:15

Chris Fountain

The frontman in the band War On Drugs did the remix, Chris.

Date: August 16, 2020 14:19

DandelionPowderman
Chris Fountain

The frontman in the band War On Drugs did the remix, Chris.

I actually thought that was part of the song title. smiling smiley

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: August 16, 2020 14:22

Irix
Maindefender

[www.Amazon.com] says so, but as mentioned on [Music.Apple.com] too, the runtime of Track 12 is only 3m:14s wich would be quite short for a Remix of 'All The Rage' ....

We don’t want or need a remix of what will be All The Rage. Please something different even a 3:14 jam

Posted by: TravelinMan ()
Date: August 16, 2020 15:01

Probably an instrumental of Scarlet or another remix if it features Page.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-08-16 15:01 by TravelinMan.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: August 16, 2020 15:27

KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: August 16, 2020 15:45

Chris Fountain
I think the War on Drugs is better more enriching version. By the way who is playing bass? Sounds a little strange.

Dave Hartley,
see here (german)
[www.rollingstone.de]

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: August 16, 2020 15:55

KRiffhard
MisterDDDD

I hope for "All the rage" Kevin Parker remix.

I hope for Kevin Parker to get let loose with the stones, period.

Date: August 16, 2020 15:59

deardoctor
Chris Fountain

Dave Hartley,
see here (german)
[www.rollingstone.de]

A post above says :

Rick Grech: Bass Guitar - [www.Qobuz.com] - (i)-Button.

Date: August 16, 2020 16:56

Chris Fountain
deardoctor
Chris Fountain

Dave Hartley,
see here (german)
[www.rollingstone.de]

A post above says :

I guess you asked for the remix:

Rick Grech: original version
Dave Hartley; war-on-drugs-remix

Maybe a third one played the single-version which is different too.

Date: August 16, 2020 16:59

Chris Fountain
deardoctor
Chris Fountain

Dave Hartley,
see here (german)
[www.rollingstone.de]

A post above says :

Grech on the original recording. Hartley added bass to the War On Drugs-remix.

Date: August 16, 2020 17:04

DandelionPowderman
Chris Fountain
deardoctor
Chris Fountain

Dave Hartley,
see here (german)
[www.rollingstone.de]

A post above says :

Great Clarification! Thanks!!

Date: August 16, 2020 17:25

DandelionPowderman

So the credits by Universal Music are still not reliable - [www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] .... eye rolling smiley

Date: August 16, 2020 17:50

deardoctor

[www.rollingstone.de]

Rolling Stones: „Scarlet“-Remix with The War On Drugs

Svenja Nowak · 14.08.2020

After the Rolling Stones released their new old song "Scarlet", a remix followed, which was produced together with The War On Drugs.

Last month the Rolling Stones released "Scarlet", a song they recorded together with Jimmy Page in 1974. After a music video with "Normal People" actor Paul Mescal was released, the third strike followed: A "Scarlet" remix with The War On Drugs.

The War On Drugs are in the process of writing new songs, so a Stones remix was apparently a welcome change - and an honour. As frontman Adam Granduciel revealed, they imagined that Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Jimmy Page were in the room when the band worked on the remix.

Imagining themselves in a room with Jimmy Page...

"After playing around on my Linn drum, the song fell into this double-time-thing and I just went with it," Granduciel says. "I called my friend and band mate, Dave Hartley, to record the bass for the new groove. Then I figured if Jimmy Page was in the room, I'd probably ask him to plug in my favourite flanger, and that's what I did. My friend Anthony LaMarca added some last minute percussion."

The new remix strengthens the guitar of the original version and adds some drums in the background. "Scarlet" is one of ten bonus tracks that will appear on the deluxe version of the album "Goats Head Soup". The Reissue will be released on September 04th. -- [www.RollingStone.de]

Date: August 16, 2020 17:51

Irix
DandelionPowderman

So the credits by Universal Music are still not reliable - [www.YouTube.com] , [www.YouTube.com] .... eye rolling smiley

Never reliable.

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 16, 2020 18:22

Good idea! Let's drink to the salt of the earth.

Personally, I don't know how many versions/remixes of this track we need, especially ones with dodgy videos of current actors.
I'd love to hear the original version and to know if it was a Ronnie basement track and what he contributed and what, if anything Mick originally contributed.

As someone wisely said above, what the Stones need is new material to keep them current.

Mick is flogging a dead horse here.

As he he himself once said: "Get up,get out, down into something New".

Stalin and Roosevelt both took their chances. Don't Hold Back.

Look to the future now, it's only just begun.

Cheers.

Date: August 16, 2020 18:51

<to know if it was a Ronnie basement track and what he contributed and what, if anything Mick originally contributed>

Ronnie was away on tour with the Faces. Allegedly, Mick wasn't involved back then.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: August 16, 2020 19:40

Irix
Maindefender

Wonder now if the mysterious track 12 is the original, "original" of Scarlet .. cool smiley

Date: August 16, 2020 20:26

Didn't Jimmy Page played on THROUGH THE LONELY NIGHTS as well?

Maybe an early version on track 12...

Date: August 16, 2020 20:41

deardoctor

Maybe an early version on track 12...

No.

Date: August 16, 2020 20:45

deardoctor

It was produced with Jimmy Miller - [www.Discogs.com] .

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 16, 2020 21:00

Four Stone Walls
Good idea! Let's drink to the salt of the earth.

Personally, I don't know how many versions/remixes of this track we need, especially ones with dodgy videos of current actors.
I'd love to hear the original version and to know if it was a Ronnie basement track and what he contributed and what, if anything Mick originally contributed.

As someone wisely said above, what the Stones need is new material to keep them current.

Mick is flogging a dead horse here.

As he he himself once said: "Get up,get out, down into something New".

Stalin and Roosevelt both took their chances. Don't Hold Back.

Look to the future now, it's only just begun.

Cheers.

Ronnie had nothing to do with it, though some have suggested it sounds more like a Ronnie solo tune than a Stones tune - I'd have to agree.

Evidently Mick contributed nothing to the original version - he says he might have been there at the time, but gives no details and his memories are blurry.
And if memory serves,Jimmy Page in his detailed explanation gave no indication Mick was anywhere near the studio or had any involvement.

Yes the Stones need new material, and at the risk of being flogged, I fully agree that Mick is flogging a dead horse - seems unprecedented how much time and energy is going in to this,
especially considering it was a non-Stones jam throwaway involving Keith and Page that's nearly over 45 years old.

KRiffhard
[youtu.be]

Yes, even though Scarlet is an oddball enigma, I'd fully agree with this, but still wondering where this version will be available.
Seems obvious it should be he 7" vinyl single, but as someone else mentioned this mess is so convoluted it''s hard to know fact from fiction.
If it were available as a 7" on it's own, still on the fence leaning towards a no, but it would be tempting as I love vinyl.

"After playing around on my Linn drum, the song fell into this double-time-thing and I just went with it," - Adam Granduciel.

Odd decision IMO - the fast double-time-drum-machine, along with the addition of the new speedy bass line...
well it sort of ended up sounding similar to the theme song to the Benny Hill show on steroids. - Benny Hill theme

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 16, 2020 21:20

The more I listen to the The War On Drugs-Remix, the more I like it. It's now a coherent, catchy tune, maybe not exactly aimed at the purists, but then again, some of their greatest hits like Angie or Miss You were not exactly aimed at the purists, too...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1124
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home