Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: confirmed: Taylor worked on new Exile
Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: May 17, 2010 21:13

i like both taylor and wood . i can't picture how exile would sound with ronnie instead of taylor nor can i picture some girls with taylor . the stones "or fate" picked the right guys at the right time. taylor playing on the exile bonus tracks is a treat but i seriously doubt he'll be doing anymore work with the stones on future albums unless it's a reissue of albums from the taylor era. taylor is a great guitarist but the stones were on a roll before he joined i think more credit should be given to jimmy miller for making that era shine and later adding bobby key, nicky hopkins, and jim price help make the stones sound better as well.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 17, 2010 21:25

ghostryder13
i like both taylor and wood . i can't picture how exile would sound with ronnie instead of taylor .

Listen to life recordings with Ron,playing song from the Taylor area,and you got the answer.cool smiley

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 17, 2010 21:28

Amsterdamned
ghostryder13
i like both taylor and wood . i can't picture how exile would sound with ronnie instead of taylor .

Listen to life recordings with Ron,playing song from the Taylor area,and you got the answer.cool smiley

Ron didn't play like that in 1972, plus he wouldn't be trying to play like Taylor had he been onboard instead.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 17, 2010 21:46

.......why does it always come down to a pissing contest between Taylor or Woods??....either way the glimmers would have made an epic record....the songs stand the test of time...

Posted by: ajc68 ()
Date: May 17, 2010 21:49

"Mick Taylor was such a virtuoso. He still amazes me. If I had my way, he'd still be in the band."

Keith Richards - Rolling Stone (May 27, 2010)

Date: May 17, 2010 22:02

His Majesty
Amsterdamned
ghostryder13

Ron didn't play like that in 1972, plus he wouldn't be trying to play like Taylor had he been onboard instead.

<......why does it always come down to a pissing contest between Taylor or Woods?>

I'am not pissing,just giving an imaginary answer.

Posted by: Lightnin' ()
Date: May 17, 2010 22:21

jamesjagger
He will be defenitely involved in the upcoming new Rolling Stones album. Believe me guys...

Brue
The bloke might never get out of the hospital as it stands right now. I reckon you can only get pneumonia so many times before it catches you.

He's out of hospital alright.
Only serious obstacle for Taylor is that he has to stay away from the cigarettes for the rest of his life - it's an extremely tough thing to give up.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 17, 2010 22:30

Lightnin'
jamesjagger
He will be defenitely involved in the upcoming new Rolling Stones album. Believe me guys...

Brue
The bloke might never get out of the hospital as it stands right now. I reckon you can only get pneumonia so many times before it catches you.

Only serious obstacle for Taylor is that he has to stay away from the cigarettes for the rest of his life - it's an extremely tough thing to give up.

That's great news!

- Doxa

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: May 17, 2010 23:25

Bottom line to it all is that at least Jagger is aware that there is no way for the Stones to continue with two to a high degree non-functional guitar players. If there is one more album and one more tour it most likely will be their last all-new album and final tour.

As such, both will have to be great. Mick knows it. Keith may publicly claim that everything is alright in the current band, but I am pretty sure that something deep inside him tells him that this is not the case. Anyway - I can imagine that at least Mick is not too keen on A Bigger Bang Part 2 album and tour (apart from the financials, that is!).

Mick T. playing on PMS is nothing less than testing the waters. And the whole Exile project is nothing less than testing the waters for the Stones return to their early 70s sound. Live and on the new album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-17 23:27 by alimente.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: May 18, 2010 01:44

I bet Ronnie would have done something much more akin to playing the guitar than what Keith plonked down for the new overdub a hardy har har. Micky Taylors and Ronny Woods, er, well, nevermind.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 18, 2010 02:00

Lightnin'
jamesjagger

Brue

He said he almost died! He has no choice. I also hope that he'll take more rest until he's firmly back on his feet again. Let his friends be severe to him!

Date: May 18, 2010 21:48

On PMS Taylor didn't get enough room,but even then the best song cause it contains Taylor flavour...
For the rest..What are the Stones without Taylor anyway? ..thumbs down

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home