Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

What was the inspiration for Rolling Stones week /Chats with Jimmy Fallon
Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 18, 2010 21:01

In perhaps one of the boldest (and coolest) musical ventures in late-night TV history, 'Late Night With Jimmy Fallon' went old-school last week -- during what they dubbed 'Rolling Stones Week.' With the reissue of the Stones' classic album 'Exile on Main Street,' the crafty and inventive Fallon pitched a grand plan to Mick Jagger: Have some of today's biggest musicians play their favorite 'Exile' tune each day on his show, and then 'Late Night' will give up its Friday show to the Stones' documentary about the album. PopEater was able to catch up with our pal Jimmy to discuss the Stones, Keith Richards' drinking habits ("I couldn't hang with Keith," Jimmy admits to us), the impending 'Lost' finale and more. Watch the exclusive interview below!

[www.popeater.com]

How did 'Rolling Stones Week' happen? What went through your head when it all came together?

It's the whole reason I have a talk show ... we just make it fun. It's a cool thing that we're doing. We're lucky to be in this business.

I ran into Mick at a party. I used to do a bit on 'Saturday Night Live' where I was his reflection in the mirror ... so I couldn't be any more embarrassed for him. So I asked what was going on, and he said, "We're working on the re-release of 'Exile on Main Street.'" I said, "If there's anything I can do to help, I'd love to do it." ... I was like, I'll give you my show! I didn't even talk to NBC yet, but I said, What we'll do is have the biggest bands play their favorite songs off of 'Exile.'

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home